Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Everything (2016-2017) Regular Season Game Threads

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Nilanka wrote: View Post
    It was actually funny reading some of the post game comments on Pistons sites, citing Casey/Raptors as the textbook way to incorporate young players into the rotation while still winning ball games.

    We're clearly too hard on Casey.
    RR is the only place that Casey is seen as less than a very good coach.

    Sent from my LG-H831 using Tapatalk
    @Chr1st1anL

    Comment


    • I dont remember that many people being down on Siakam. I and others were just cautiously optimistic since he obviously doesnt seem o have a super high ceiling and was producing against awful (like bottom of the barrel) competition in college which made it hard to project how he'd look agains better players.

      Most draft night frustration was about taking Poeltl at 9. Jury will be out on that for awhile.

      Siakam looked like a potential role player and he still does. A hustle forward who might have good enough athleticism to guard bigger wings. I like what we've seen. Should be noted Detroit was kind of an ideal initiation matching up against tweener forwards like Harris and Morris.

      Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

      Comment


      • DanH wrote: View Post
        Matter of time before teams start ignoring him and loading up on DD, unless he can prove he can hit a jumper. Tough to make up for that with energy alone. For now, I'll take the minutes until teams adjust.

        Siakam heard you with the "low usage" role idea though - he had a usage rate of 3.9% in game 1. That's really... quite low.
        Pascal can also be a threat rolling to the rim too, like Amir or Biyombo. DeMar had 45% USG yesterday, so hard to really say 3.6% is going to be the norm for Siakam. It was just one game. But if JV's USG climbs this year, then Siakam won't have to do a whole lot more than put-backs and alley oops to get around 10-15% USG at acceptable efficiency enabling Lowry, DD and now JV to be pretty happy getting theirs.

        Comment


        • Whether you like him or not. DeRozan to me is a top 25 player. Ranking him 46th is an absolute joke.


          Mamba Mentality

          Comment



          • Comment


            • rocwell wrote: View Post

              this game has brought us all together in our hatred of the every other team and their fanbases

              and furthermore .... fuck brooklyn!

              Comment


              • DeRozan is one of those guys who'll keep trying until he faints or dies. Loved that Casey-DD interaction about his defence on Coach K's team.

                And imagine if he starts hitting those 3s tho?

                Comment


                • Casey is incredibly underrated by Raptors fans.

                  There are not many coaches in the league who are clearly better than him. Just Pop, Kerr, Rivers and Carlisle imo. Some will say Brad Stevens, but he needs to do something of note in the playoffs before he gets that kind of respect.

                  I'd rank Casey as the 5th best head coach in the league.

                  Comment


                  • Lupe wrote: View Post
                    Casey is incredibly underrated by Raptors fans.

                    There are not many coaches in the league who are clearly better than him. Just Pop, Kerr, Rivers and Carlisle imo. Some will say Brad Stevens, but he needs to do something of note in the playoffs before he gets that kind of respect.

                    I'd rank Casey as the 5th best head coach in the league.
                    Err, Thibodeau, Brad Stevens, Budenholzer, Steve Clifford, and Joerger are ahead of him. We can laud Casey for his work, but lets not get carried away.

                    Comment


                    • Casey is one of the best motivators in the league. That's clear.

                      But in terms of Xs and Os and managing a rotation, there's a lot of coaches I'd rather have.
                      twitter.com/anthonysmdoyle

                      Comment


                      • Barolt wrote: View Post
                        Casey is one of the best motivators in the league. That's clear.

                        But in terms of Xs and Os and managing a rotation, there's a lot of coaches I'd rather have.
                        That's what I was getting at. In-game, it takes him a long time to identify and adjust on the fly-- if he does adjust at all.

                        Comment


                        • Barolt wrote: View Post
                          Casey is one of the best motivators in the league. That's clear.

                          But in terms of Xs and Os and managing a rotation, there's a lot of coaches I'd rather have.
                          It shouldn't be understated how important "liking, but still respecting, and willing to listen to your coach" is as a category. It's actually the 'great popovich's best attribute.
                          It's Klaw Season. Time to hunt.

                          Comment


                          • KeonClark wrote: View Post
                            It shouldn't be understated how important "liking, but still respecting, and willing to listen to your coach" is as a category. It's actually the 'great popovich's best attribute.
                            Pop is also a great Xs and Os coach, though, in addition to being a great motivator and likeable.
                            twitter.com/anthonysmdoyle

                            Comment


                            • Barolt wrote: View Post
                              Pop is also a great Xs and Os coach, though, in addition to being a great motivator and likeable.
                              No disagreement, but give me the choice of a motivational father figure with principles vs a basketball chess master who isn't good with people, I'll take the salt of the earth guy who may happen to also know a thing or 2 about hoops, 10 times out of 10.
                              It's Klaw Season. Time to hunt.

                              Comment


                              • KeonClark wrote: View Post
                                No disagreement, but give me the choice of a motivational father figure with principles vs a basketball chess master who isn't good with people, I'll take the salt of the earth guy who may happen to also know a thing or 2 about hoops, 10 times out of 10.
                                While I agree with you, I also do think Casey's shortcomings in terms of rotations and Xs and Os does sometimes hurt the Raptors.
                                twitter.com/anthonysmdoyle

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X