Everything (2016-2017) Regular Season Game Threads

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DanH wrote: View Post
    Yeah, so you must therefore expect no meaningful contributions until around the trade deadline, then.
    Powell never received any opportunity early on. So Casey didn't have to turn to him. Not the same case.

Sent from my LG-H831 using Tapatalk
    @Chr1st1anL

Comment

I always forget that Chr1s1an is always brimming with optimism and best-case scenario on any Raptors related subject, as long as it isn't JV, Ross, or Patterson as a starter.
      twitter.com/anthonysmdoyle

Comment

Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
        Brightside JV is now surrounded with length and lateral quickness to make up for his struggles on D.

That would also be true with Patterson, except add in the actual awareness of when to help and where to be, which currently Pascal lacks.
        twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Powell never received any opportunity early on. So Casey didn't have to turn to him. Not the same case.

He received a long stint of starts in the winter where he was very not good. He eventually got good, and that's with a half a year of learning the system in the D-League before coming up.

Remember, folks, Powell is exceptional - in that he is not the norm (ha!) but is the exception to the rule.
          twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

DanH wrote: View Post
            That would also be true with Patterson, except add in the actual awareness of when to help and where to be, which currently Pascal lacks.
            I think your over reacting to one game. Where everyone lacked awareness. Siakam has been better than your giving him credit. Also it will only get better with every practise with the first team.

@Chr1st1anL

Comment

I think your over reacting to one game. Where everyone lacked awareness. Siakam has been better than your giving him credit. Also it will only get better with every practise with the first team.

But it also means, in the meantime, our starting lineup might struggle, leading to more close, long games, more run for DeMar and Kyle, and more cumulative fatigue on our critical players.

All of which can be mitigated by playing Pat as the starter, and using Siakam against opposing bench units.
              twitter.com/anthonysmdoyle

Comment

Guys we're fucked. There I said it LOL. As long as we're healthy come playoff time and Sullinger has got some games in before then I'm happy. Pascal is not going to cut it no matter how optimistic Chr1s1anL wants to be lol. And it sounds like even though Ross and Bebe should play neither will be 100%. So there's that. Bye defense, it was nice knowing you.
                I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

Comment

I sure hope it does. One game? The entire pre-season he's been two steps late, which is OK against bench lineups where athleticism can make up for it (and you have CoJo and BeBe's length around to prevent and clean up messes), but against starters and with offensively inclined players like JV and (especially) DD? Need smart, quick defence at the 4. I'm the first to say not to overreact to preseason, but it's basically the only sample we have against NBA players.
                  twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Small Ball time
                    Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

MixxAOR wrote: View Post
                      Small Ball time

Comment

And now Sully will comeback fatter since he cannot work his cardio.
                        "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

MACK11 wrote: View Post
                          And now Sully will comeback fatter since he cannot work his cardio.
                          I don't know man. Raps should put him on cutting diet as there's no need to eat 5000 calories if he's not playing. + He can do cardio. Upper body ergometer, water exercises later on.

It's up to Sully to lose that weight and this injury should not stop the process. In the end, it's all about the damn diet
                          Last edited by rocwell; Sun Oct 23, 2016, 06:55 PM.

Comment

Siakam will be this year Norman Powell.
                            Not the same case yet one is supposed to be this years version of the other? Huh?
                            Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

Axel wrote: View Post
                              Not the same case yet one is supposed to be this years version of the other? Huh?
                              I mean being fair to him, I think he just meant the non-highly touted prospect who ends up really contributing to the team. Not that they'd do the exact same thing over 82 games.

Comment

rocwell wrote: View Post
                                I don't know man. Raps should put him on cutting diet as there's no need to eat 5000 calories if he's not playing. + He can do cardio. Upper body ergometer, water exercises later on.

It's up to Sully to lose that weight and this injury should not stop the process. In the end, it's all about the damn diet
                                I know but Sully has a history of coming to camp in good shape and then gaining weight over the course of the season. Now he's not even gonna be playing so I'm very concerned that it could happen again.
                                "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

Working...
                                X