Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Everything (2016-2017) Regular Season Game Threads

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • A.I wrote: View Post
    With Derozan coming back down to earth, its going to be tough to win games with how our defense is right now.
    Yes. Coupled with the fact that derozan is oblivious to his coming down to earth and will continue to take bad shots and ignore teammates or be late with passes cause he wanted to fully explore his scoring option first even if he is triple teamed and 2 people are wide open under the rim

    Comment


    • Barolt wrote: View Post
      I normally don't shill my own writing here, but I wrote a piece on the end of this game:

      http://www.holyfield.co/blog/2016/11...easure-of-time

      If this isn't allowed, I apologize to the mods.
      If it's not allowed then it should be.

      Comment


      • A.I wrote: View Post
        With Derozan coming back down to earth, its going to be tough to win games with how our defense is right now.
        "DeRozan coming back down to Earth"

        I don't know what that means?

        He averaged 30ppg in the 2 games against the Cavs and Warriors last week. Scored 30 against DEN the other night. He was terrible against the Kings. But i think the Kings have his number. His 2 worst games this season were against the Kings.

        Last night he scored 25 on 52% shooting 7 assists 4 rebounds. I'll take that every night.

        DeRozan is the Raps ONLY consistent scorer so far this year. The MAIN issue is he's not getting much help from the other guys specially from Patterson, Joseph and Carroll.

        Defensively he's brutal, the whole team defensively is brutal. This is the biggest concern right now.
        Mamba Mentality

        Comment


        • Also, i thought Lowry last night was horrible. The guy was foul hunting all night. And he was whining all night to the refs.
          Mamba Mentality

          Comment


          • CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
            Please leave the moderating to the Admins/Mods. :-)
            So now you're moderating me? I'm not the one casting aspersions on other members.

            Comment


            • lewro wrote: View Post
              So now you're moderating me? I'm not the one casting aspersions on other members.
              He's just razzing him, yknow, friendly needling? I can tell fr other posts you've got your sensitivity meter turned up to 10
              It's Klaw Season. Time to hunt.

              Comment


              • TRex wrote: View Post
                "DeRozan coming back down to Earth"

                I don't know what that means?

                He averaged 30ppg in the 2 games against the Cavs and Warriors last week. Scored 30 against DEN the other night. He was terrible against the Kings. But i think the Kings have his number. His 2 worst games this season were against the Kings.

                Last night he scored 25 on 52% shooting 7 assists 4 rebounds. I'll take that every night.

                DeRozan is the Raps ONLY consistent scorer so far this year. The MAIN issue is he's not getting much help from the other guys specially from Patterson, Joseph and Carroll.

                Defensively he's brutal, the whole team defensively is brutal. This is the biggest concern right now.
                That is my point. He isn't getting any help other than Lowry and occasionally JV and Ross and he won't continue to score 30+ a game efficiently. Combine that and the terrible defense, and it results in more losses.
                Last edited by A.I; Tue Nov 22nd, 2016, 02:39 PM.

                Comment


                • Blake Griffin sure took it to the Raps last night... you can see firsthand how having 3 AS level options can really put some distance between teams... The raps are a pretty good test for just about anyone but the Clips just didn't slip up when the Raps made their pushes.

                  The clips with Paul / Griffin / Jordan were a handful and we didn't have an answer for them last night. The raps are pretty good but to get into that top echelon of teams this year...... Cavs / GSW / Clips and maybe the Spurs... Ujiri is going to have to find another guy, preferably a big, or hope that one of JV or Ross takes a really really big step up or that a trade presents itself.

                  Making that next step up is pretty damn hard.
                  Last edited by Demographic Shift; Tue Nov 22nd, 2016, 05:16 PM.

                  Comment


                  • lewro wrote: View Post
                    So now you're moderating me? I'm not the one casting aspersions on other members.
                    Yes I was, as a reminder to you and everybody else about the rules, which includes moderating fellow members.

                    If you have an issue with the moderating or other posters, please feel free to PM any/all of the Admins & Mods.

                    Comment


                    • CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
                      Yes I was, as a reminder to you and everybody else about the rules, which includes moderating fellow members.

                      If you have an issue with the moderating or other posters, please feel free to PM any/all of the Admins & Mods.
                      Why do I have to PM, can't this be an open discussion? I don't like Abbas being the butt of jokes when hes just stating his opinion.
                      I don't like when people use analogies about Hitler to make a point about poor officiating. That's not a healthy dialogue imo. I'm being sanctioned and escorted to a private room for addressing it? That's fucked up.

                      Comment


                      • KeonClark wrote: View Post
                        He's just razzing him, yknow, friendly needling? I can tell fr other posts you've got your sensitivity meter turned up to 10
                        Abbas can determine that for himself. If I misspoke on his behalf than I apologize to him.
                        Yes, I don't take kindly to bullying or Hitler references. We got enough hate crimes in the world atm. I don't want to come here and read Hitler analogies, thx.

                        Comment


                        • lewro wrote: View Post
                          Why do I have to PM, can't this be an open discussion? I don't like Abbas being the butt of jokes when hes just stating his opinion.
                          I don't like when people use analogies about Hitler to make a point about poor officiating. That's not a healthy dialogue imo. I'm being sanctioned and escorted to a private room for addressing it? That's fucked up.
                          This isn't an open discussion. There are forum rules, which I politely reminded you about. They can be found here: http://forums.raptorsrepublic.com/sh...s-amp-Policies

                          First, if anybody has an issue with how they're being treated, they can contact a fellow member via PM. If that doesn't work, they are free to contact an Admin/Mod. While noble, it is not your place to jump in, which the rules clearly state.

                          Second, the specific comment you attempted to moderate did not include anything that was even borderline racism, etc... (ie: your Hitler reference). It was also clearly a tongue-in-cheek remark that was actually calling out a poster for being a sane voice of reason. It very clearly was not a personal attack.

                          Third, you are not being sanctioned. You and everybody else are being reminded of the rules, both so you can address any issues you may be experiencing, and so everybody else doesn't need to have a good thread derailed by an off-topic discussion.


                          Please respect the forum rules, I don't want to have to remind you publically again.


                          EDIT: any further discussion on the topic should be done via PM, as advised multiple times.
                          Last edited by CalgaryRapsFan; Tue Nov 22nd, 2016, 04:25 PM.

                          Comment


                          • This is a thread about the Raptors November 21/2016 game against the Clippers.

                            Discussion about forum rules or issues with fellow posters should be done in accordance with forum rules. Feel free to report a post and/or PM any Admin/Mod.

                            Comment


                            • Barolt wrote: View Post
                              I normally don't shill my own writing here, but I wrote a piece on the end of this game:

                              http://www.holyfield.co/blog/2016/11...easure-of-time

                              If this isn't allowed, I apologize to the mods.
                              Good read Barolt! The thing I find odd about the refs decision is that it now opens the door going forward for any team finding itself in a similar situation to Sacramento's to request a review of the play to see if there was a measurable delay in starting the clock, or clock malfunction as it has been labelled. You lose a game to a buzzer beater, you can request a review of the play. Of course, that request can be denied and would be unless the refs thought there may have been a problem, but basically every play like that can now be scrutinized (and likely will be) by teams and fans. And given the extent of social media and all that, I think the NBA opened a can of worms here. They may regret this decision if people start posting evidence of plays that should have been reviewed but were not and would have affected outcomes of games.

                              Comment


                              • JawsGT wrote: View Post
                                Good read Barolt! The thing I find odd about the refs decision is that it now opens the door going forward for any team finding itself in a similar situation to Sacramento's to request a review of the play to see if there was a measurable delay in starting the clock, or clock malfunction as it has been labelled. You lose a game to a buzzer beater, you can request a review of the play. Of course, that request can be denied and would be unless the refs thought there may have been a problem, but basically every play like that can now be scrutinized (and likely will be) by teams and fans. And given the extent of social media and all that, I think the NBA opened a can of worms here. They may regret this decision if people start posting evidence of plays that should have been reviewed but were not and would have affected outcomes of games.
                                Not to mention the refs were in charge of starting the clock, then the refs determined they did it late, then the refs took t ross heroics away. Hmmmm
                                It's Klaw Season. Time to hunt.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X