Everything (2016-2017) Regular Season Game Threads

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Barolt wrote: View Post
    So, after last night Ross is having a 50/40/90 season. 52.5% from the field, 44.4% from 3, 92.9% from the FT line.

Shooting 70.6% on wide open 3s.
    The most important thing with Ross isn't his shooting percentages, rather, it's a question of is he performing game-in, game-out. And, shockingly, the answer in November has been a resounding YES! Other than the Sacramento game (where everyone was awful), he's been good to very good to excellent over a 14-game stretch this month. Honestly, I can't recall him ever putting together 4 weeks of consistently, solid basketball. He's made multiple threes in 9 of those 14 games and has only scored less than 8 points once. And, for me, even more encouraging is that he's actually played well against good teams in important games at Houston and Cleveland.

I am very curious to see if he can sustain this through December.

Comment

• Ross is also doing a great job of creating his own shot and his mid-range jumper has been smooth and reliable lately. I'm glad to see he has expanded his O beyond catch and shoots from deep.

Comment

• If Ross keeps this up he could seriously be in play for 6th man of the year. Or if not that then the MIP award.

Comment

• rocwell wrote: View Post
          Not basketball related, but RIP to 76 people who died last night in Colombia.

Brazillian soccer teams Chapecoense FC jet has crashed. They were travelling to play in Sudamericana Final.

RIP

Chapecoense is Brazil's Leicester City. Just few years ago they played in the lowest Brazil league's division.

Just to follow up to this story. A fairytale that ended in heaven.

In football(soccer) there are no borders:

Brazilian clubs have asked the league to make Chapecoense exempt from relegation and also offered them free loan players.
          Paris Saint-Germain, a very well known club from France will donate 40 million euros to Chapecoense.
          Atletico Nacional, other Sudamericana finalist want the tittle to be awarded to Chapecoense.

Comment

• TRex wrote: View Post
            I feel sorry for Brett Brown. He's going to get fired. Hope he gets another head coaching job.
            What makes you think that? Most sources that I've read can't give him enough praise for the job he has done in Philly (not necessarily in W/L, but having that group of guys, with clearly lackluster - albeit young - talent, compete on a nightly basis).

I think he keeps his job. I hope so at least. There is still a lot of growth for a lot of players, but if Embid can get up to speed, stay healthy and play on a nightly basis, and they get Ben Simmons back, I think this team takes a big step forward.

Comment

• Scraptor wrote: View Post
              The tip of his middle finger on his shooting hand is broken. It's a testament to his grit that he's playing through it and dragging that roster to overtime on the road against a better team.
              It's also the way he plays when he's healthy.

It's also a testament to low IQ to have an injured shooting hand and still take 34 shots. He didnt even have a bad shooting night overall by his own standards, but you'd think if someone knew their shooting hand is injured they might look to mix it up and pass a bit more.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
                If Ross keeps this up he could seriously be in play for 6th man of the year. Or if not that then the MIP award.
                I think the early front runner for 6th man is good ol lou williams. Also zach Randolph in Memphis, and I'm forgetting some.

Most improved you'd start with the greek freak, maybe a KAT, porzingis, heck even here in toronto our own demar derozan probably currently ranks higher
                9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• CNinja26 wrote: View Post
                  What makes you think that? Most sources that I've read can't give him enough praise for the job he has done in Philly (not necessarily in W/L, but having that group of guys, with clearly lackluster - albeit young - talent, compete on a nightly basis).

I think he keeps his job. I hope so at least. There is still a lot of growth for a lot of players, but if Embid can get up to speed, stay healthy and play on a nightly basis, and they get Ben Simmons back, I think this team takes a big step forward.
                  I hope they dont decide they need a new coach to "take the next step" When they get good. He's earned the right to see it through

Comment

• white men can't jump wrote: View Post
                    He also shot 16-34, 1-6 from 3 and 3-10 from the FT line with 5 turnovers.

Gay took 16 shots, but together they combined for 50 FGAs and only 6 assists.
                    Why anybody still wants rudy gay I'll never know. At best he should be a bench scorer. Every time he's played on either sucked or improved dramatically when he left, or both.

Comment

• white men can't jump wrote: View Post
                      It's also the way he plays when he's healthy.

It's also a testament to low IQ to have an injured shooting hand and still take 34 shots. He didnt even have a bad shooting night overall by his own standards, but you'd think if someone knew their shooting hand is injured they might look to mix it up and pass a bit more.

I can get behind critiquing Boogie as much as the next person but this sounds like a massive Bruno-esque reach.
                      Two beer away from being two beers away.

Comment

• Ebonhawke wrote: View Post
                        Mike Conley (from the Grizzlies, the Raptors next opponent) left the game tonight with a lower back injury
                        Latest word is he wasn't expected to fly to TOR with the team, but no confirmation he actually stayed in MEM yet.
                        twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• Comment

• Mess wrote: View Post
                            I can get behind critiquing Boogie as much as the next person but this sounds like a massive Bruno-esque reach.
                            Reach in what way? His hand was injured and he dominated the ball even more than usual. That doesn't seem very smart.

But you know, he'll get his numbers and complain again when he isn't picked for 1st team all-nba because of "politics" or some nonsense.

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
                              Latest word is he wasn't expected to fly to TOR with the team, but no confirmation he actually stayed in MEM yet.
                              Conley is out 6 weeks mate.

Comment

• rocwell wrote: View Post
                                Conley is out 6 weeks mate.
                                Man...Memphis gets a devastating injury again...this team is hard luck. They will likely fall out of the playoffs, if he's back sooner rather than later they could climb back in but that's gotta suck

Comment

Working...
                                X