Everything (2016-2017) Regular Season Game Threads

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• white men can't jump wrote: View Post
    What are you talking about? Almost 40% of his O comes at the rim (0-3 ft), where he shoots over 60% (and about 60% of his O comes within 10 ft). Pat and Siakam will get utterly destroyed by him inside. He has a very strong low post game. He isn't out there trying to cross people over, he just has the total package where he bullies players who can't handle his size but also has a dangerous first step on bigger guys. Put a smaller guy on him and he'll shoot straight over them anywhere on the court. You put the big guy on and give him space to dare him to shoot.

The small guy won't be able to defend him in any scenario and you'll have to double every time he has the ball down low. The bigger player can push him out more easily forcing him to face up and shoot more, while also making it easier to cheat toward him on D by zoning up a little bit without having to fully commit to doubles that leave shooters and cutting lanes open.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
    He'd be able to drive by JV with ease. JV will have 2 fouls in the first 5 mins if he match-ups up against him. Lets see what Casey decides to do.

Comment

• slamdunk23 wrote: View Post
      He'd be able to drive by JV with ease. JV will have 2 fouls in the first 5 mins if he match-ups up against him. Lets see what Casey decides to do.
      No he wouldnt, not if you gameplan to give him space and try to force him into the midrange. If you put the smaller guy on him he doesnt have to drive by anyone with ease. Again, he'll just bully them, get deep post position and easily score through/over them. Most of his offence comes inside, and a smaller player will not be able to stop that.

You try to push him out and force him to be a jump shooter and go from there.

For the record the Raps have used this strategy with success before with JV guarding stronger PFs like Griffin or Randolph who can also take him off the dribble...but it keeps them from dominating inside, from consistently collapsing the D so they can pass to open player, and probably wears them down and fatigues them more than playing a smaller player.

Comment

• I also dont think this game is defined by the C match up. We outclass this team and should be able to beat them even if Towns goes off, regardless of how we guard him.

Comment

• Wiggins probably would get cheered again tonight like he's some folk hero. This dude declined to play in that tournament in Manila this past summer. If he played in that tournament, Canada basketball team would've made it to the olympics(for sure) and we're probably talking about a medal right now.
          Mamba Mentality

Comment

• I can see the argument for using a PF to check Towns and double on the catch, force their secondary players to make shots. Wouldn't mind trying JV on him though.
            twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
              I can see the argument for using a PF to check Towns and double on the catch, force their secondary players to make shots. Wouldn't mind trying JV on him though.
              As long as they're confident in the secondary rotations...

Most importantly they need to (obviously) try to take the paint away from Towns.

Comment

• TRex wrote: View Post
                Wiggins probably would get cheered again tonight like he's some folk hero. This dude declined to play in that tournament in Manila this past summer. If he played in that tournament, Canada basketball team would've made it to the olympics(for sure) and we're probably talking about a medal right now.
                I'm still pissed. #fuckyouAndrew
                9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• I fucking hate Wiggins too.. At least for now... We could've won something in Rio. Every other country (except USA) sucked!

Comment

• Lol

Comment

• go raps!!

Comment

• Will there be an Andy Greer tribute tonight?
                        Mamba Mentality

Comment

• DeRozan and Lowry just got their rings from USA Basketball team.
                          Last edited by rocwell; Thu Dec 8, 2016, 08:12 PM.

Comment

• Demar didn't hug Greer...

Comment

• Trade JV

Comment

• wow.. slow start for the boys in blue tonight...... like a 450HP diesel on a cold day....
                                There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
                                - TGO

Comment

Working...
                                X