No announcement yet.

Everything (2016-2017) Regular Season Game Threads

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It would seem to me that playing FVV allowed them to (a) see what they had before Delon comes back (b) let other teams see what could be included as a trade chip (c) let the perimeter players know they are not without options if defence doesn't improve. Thankfully it was a blow out. This place would have exploded if they lost... And on another note what is with all the personal shit and name calling on here lately. Some like JV, some don't. You don't have to go all Donald Trump.
    Last edited by meductic; Mon Dec 19, 2016, 01:23 PM.

Comment

• meductic wrote: View Post
      It would seem to me that playing FVV allowed them to (a) see what they had before Delon comes back (b) let other teams see what could be included as a trade chip (c) let the perimeter players know they are not without options if defence doesn't improved. Thankfully it was a blow out. This place would have exploded if they lost... And on another note what is with all the personal shit and name calling on here lately. Some like JV, some don't. You don't have to go all Donald Trump.
      A lot of threads are becoming a cesspool.

I'm not even a moderator, but I got pretty fed up and deleted a thread I started because the same people decided to turn that into a JV vs. Bebe thread. This, even after I set a guideline in the OP not to make is a JV or DD thread, and subsequently reminded them not to bring their bickering into MY thread (Raptor Lineups you like to see). But alas, my plea fell on deaf ears, so I decided to exercise my ounce of power and pull the plug on a once terrific thread.

It's like the same small group of posters wrecking every thread over and over again.

Comment

• Demographic Shift wrote: View Post
        If you ever wondered what it looks like when a team quits... watch the Magic tonight...
        In an 82-game league, you can't overstate the value of just showing up and trying every night.

Comment

• I have no idea what Orlando is doing in terms of team building. I can't think of one good transaction in the last 2 years....other than hiring Vogel. I think he got screwed over in Indy.

Comment

• Lupe wrote: View Post
            Nobody said it's going to magically make us a good defensive team, and it wasn't even Biz specifically people have been advocating for but someone who can play the same type of role defensively and has similar attributes. That WOULD make us better defensively.
            what does this sentence even mean? "Biz wouldnt make this team automatically better at defense, BUT someone LIKE Biz would make us a better defensive team!"

what?

Lupe wrote: View Post
            Saying that just because Orlando isn't good defensively (however they are better than us on defense btw) isn't some sort of proof that type of player wouldn't help us.
            are they? orlando are at 20. raptors at 19 in defense.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post
              A lot of threads are becoming a cesspool.

I'm not even a moderator, but I got pretty fed up and deleted a thread I started because the same people decided to turn that into a JV vs. Bebe thread. This, even after I set a guideline in the OP not to make is a JV or DD thread, and subsequently reminded them not to bring their bickering into MY thread (Raptor Lineups you like to see). But alas, my plea fell on deaf ears, so I decided to exercise my ounce of power and pull the plug on a once terrific thread.

It's like the same small group of posters wrecking every thread over and over again.
              Good move....however (and I don't know if this is possible) that instead of deleting the thread that you could merely shut it down with the last post by yourself indicating why you did so. Might have served as a "teaching opportunity". Seems like a waste to have deleted all the good/readable thoughts and arguments along with the not-so ones.

Comment

• Game #28: Toronto Raptors 116 - Brooklyn Nets 104

Your Toronto Raptors return home to face the Nets, and will attempt to begin another winning streak after rediscovering some defensive mojo in an evisceration of Orlando. They will face a Nets team coming off a 1 point loss to the 76ers, and who have lost 4 of their last 5, sending them to nearly rock bottom in the east. It will be the return to Toronto for two of last year's key players.

PROBABLE STARTERS

Can the Raptors have back to back nights of good defense? Has VanVleet earned some more run? How will they stop Scola? Find out all this and more, next time on Toronto Raptors basketball!

LET'S GO RAPS!!!
                The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

• Nilanka wrote: View Post
                  I have no idea what Orlando is doing in terms of team building. I can't think of one good transaction in the last 2 years....other than hiring Vogel. I think he got screwed over in Indy.
                  You mean you did not like the Ibaka for Sabonis, Ilyasova & Oladipo trade? What were they thinking?...that Ibaka would resign with them end of this season? Maybe he would actually if they overpay like they did with Biyombo.

Comment

• Nilanka wrote: View Post
                    I have no idea what Orlando is doing in terms of team building. I can't think of one good transaction in the last 2 years....other than hiring Vogel. I think he got screwed over in Indy.
                    They're a mess. I'm enjoying it, they were always so smug with their Dwight teams vs. Toronto's Bosh teams. I still remember hearing their broadcasters mock the uselessness of the Raptors when Raps were actually having a pretty good year. They made fun of Bargnani a lot. lol.
                    "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
                        It's getting funny to listen to away announcers go on about how the Raptors' defence always looks so much better to start the second half than the first the last few games, since it is a hilariously obvious reason. Pat has been starting second halves. It's not magic or voodoo, it's just the Raptors' actual starting PF getting starters minutes.

On that note, thought Siakam looked great beside Nogueira tonight. Nice to get some run for Van Vleet, though I thought they'd give those minutes, at least beside Lowry, to Powell. Held his own though. Nice showing.

Lowry amazing, DD great once again, yada yada yada... JV was very, very good in this one. Once he got Pat beside him he got unleashed inside, all over the boards with room to operate in there and scored basically at will in the post. That's one other effect of having Siakam beside him - paint gets clogged and we see him settling (stupidly) for a lot of contested jumpers. Clear the paint and he gets aggressive, which is nice (we see a similar, though less obvious effect with DD and Pat as well).

Orlando is pretty bad, but even good teams don't smash bad teams every night. So this was a very good win. Nice to get back on track right away after that silly Hawks game.
                        it's funny how Casey just won't start Patterson right off the bat. I hope he comes around. Even when Sully returns, he would be a nice look off the bench to help Lucas, especially with rebounding and as a post up guy and pick n pop partner for Cory. So give Patterson the starting gig already...he deserves it and Sully can help the bench guys when he returns.

I was impressed with Van Vleet as well. Kid looked good out there. And Siakim looked concerned about losing minutes and came out hard in the second half. Made some good plays. We are deep!

Comment

• In keeping with the winning Dr. Strangelove theme from 007's winning effort yesterday, a little take on the Nets go for it strategy. A bit of fun and excitement the short while it lasted. And the consequences.

If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

• Wonder what team Scola is gonna start for...

Comment

• I don't even know half the players on the nets.
                              "Stay steamy"

- Kobe

Comment

• hotfuzz wrote: View Post
                                I don't even know half the players on the nets.
                                Never occurred to me until you mentioned it. I got up to 7 names, then had to scroll up to look at the pictures. Had Lopez, forgotten Bogdanovich. I knew Kilpatrick and Booker are in there, but which picture belongs to which? And will have to check who's the other guy.
                                If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

Working...
                                X