Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Everything (2016-2017) Regular Season Game Threads

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • iblastoff wrote: View Post
    yes im well aware of JV's faults. its just funny that all of a sudden, the narrative of playing more JV in the 4th has literally vanished within the first 25 games of this season, when it was the running critique against casey for the past several seasons.
    Demars on the payroll for $140m now and taking lots of shots. Those two are too bad defensively to co-exist. We are locked into demar unless Lowry bolts.
    Forget Cavs, we have to get passed kemba and horford first. Drummond and presumably Dwight are better matchups.

    Comment


    • slamdunk23 wrote: View Post
      Ya the blazers would probably say no to that trade but I would really like to trade for Noel if we do decide to trade JV. Always liked Noel and I think he would be the perfect 5 for this team and could develop into a defensive star.
      Where are you gonna trade jv and what's the return?

      Comment


      • lewro wrote: View Post
        Demars on the payroll for $140m now and taking lots of shots. Those two are too bad defensively to co-exist. We are locked into demar unless Lowry bolts.
        Forget Cavs, we have to get passed kemba and horford first. Drummond and presumably Dwight are better matchups.
        2013-14 raptors were in top 10 defense. 2015-2016 were top 11. demar and JV still existed in those years.

        Comment


        • lewro wrote: View Post
          Where are you gonna trade jv and what's the return?
          I wouldn't trade JV straight for Noel because JV has more trade value. They would also have to be a 3rd team involved because the 76ers def don't need / want JV. If we could get Noel and a rotational 3/4 player or top 15 pick I would def do it but I can't think of many teams that will be interested in a traditional 5 man.

          Comment


          • iblastoff wrote: View Post
            2013-14 raptors were in top 10 defense. 2015-2016 were top 11. demar and JV still existed in those years.
            They were better defensively in those yrs. Team was better defensively too. Everybody has to be better but they're the weakest links and play heavy mins. Jv is sitting the 4th for defensive reasons on a number of occasions.

            Comment


            • slamdunk23 wrote: View Post
              I wouldn't trade JV straight for Noel because JV has more trade value. They would also have to be a 3rd team involved because the 76ers def don't need / want JV. If we could get Noel and a rotational 3/4 player or top 15 pick I would def do it but I can't think of many teams that will be interested in a traditional 5 man.
              Alridge proposed Ross +1st for noel + roco.
              I'd like that trade more if it were Cory.
              No idea what to do with jv. If we could get a high pick and flip it for favors or add parts for millsap I'd do that. Not sure if Dallas or new Orleans would bite? Doubtful.

              Comment


              • lewro wrote: View Post
                Alridge proposed Ross +1st for noel + roco.
                I'd like that trade more if it were Cory.
                No idea what to do with jv. If we could get a high pick and flip it for favors or add parts for millsap I'd do that. Not sure if Dallas or new Orleans would bite? Doubtful.
                Ya Dallas should be interested but they have no assets other than their 1st which I doubt they will offer. New Orleans has been playing small ball more recently with Davis at the 5 and they have been looking a lot better. Other teams that I think could use him are:

                Boston- They need rebounding but its unlikely to trade with a rival in our division
                Bucks- He would be a good fit but raps would have to take back one of monroe / Plumlee and they can't entice us enough to take them
                Blazers- Could use the upgrade at the 5 but JV doesn't help their defensive problems
                Suns- Might be interested but can only offer project players / picks who they are unlikely to deal

                Comment


                • lewro wrote: View Post
                  They were better defensively in those yrs. Team was better defensively too. Everybody has to be better but they're the weakest links and play heavy mins. Jv is sitting the 4th for defensive reasons on a number of occasions.
                  Did you say DD was better defensively back in '14?

                  Comment


                  • iblastoff wrote: View Post
                    2013-14 raptors were in top 10 defense. 2015-2016 were top 11. demar and JV still existed in those years.
                    And before the Warriors game, the Raps were ranked 13th this year. Give them a few games to average out that game (frankly, that 1st Q) and they'll be about there again (currently 16th). This team is very similar to those teams in defensive performance - roughly average, perhaps a little above when they are locked in.
                    twitter.com/dhackett1565

                    Comment


                    • Seems to be a lot of negativity here after this one. I didn't see so much to be upset about. The Warriors are insanely good, and barring Casey spotting them 15 points in 4 minutes with that starting lineup, this one is even closer than it turned out to be. The Warriors came out like a barn on fire, and I thought there was very little the Raps could have done defensively to change that, but it was made worse by some defensive breakdowns and some terribly run offence, year long symptoms of our incorrect starting lineup.

                      I thought it was a good fight by the team to get back in it at various points. They took advantage when the GSW stars were sitting and made their run, and fought well at the end with the small ball lineup, which failed for the only reason it ever seems to fail - they couldn't box out to save their lives. Had a hard time scoring against GSW switching everything too.

                      It's one game of 82, against the most ridiculous team ever assembled, and the Raps don't have to worry about these guys again unless they get to the Finals.
                      twitter.com/dhackett1565

                      Comment


                      • DanH wrote: View Post
                        Seems to be a lot of negativity here after this one. I didn't see so much to be upset about. The Warriors are insanely good, and barring Casey spotting them 15 points in 4 minutes with that starting lineup, this one is even closer than it turned out to be. The Warriors came out like a barn on fire, and I thought there was very little the Raps could have done defensively to change that, but it was made worse by some defensive breakdowns and some terribly run offence, year long symptoms of our incorrect starting lineup.

                        I thought it was a good fight by the team to get back in it at various points. They took advantage when the GSW stars were sitting and made their run, and fought well at the end with the small ball lineup, which failed for the only reason it ever seems to fail - they couldn't box out to save their lives. Had a hard time scoring against GSW switching everything too.

                        It's one game of 82, against the most ridiculous team ever assembled, and the Raps don't have to worry about these guys again unless they get to the Finals.
                        Good point. I'm not mad we lost because this team is so ridiculously good it's almost unfair. I just wish we would stop getting down by 20 against elite teams. But as you said, and you are right, the starting lineup is normally the culprit for that. I can't wait until Jared comes back just so it means no more Pascal. That's literally the only reason why I'm not panicking about this terrible starting lineup. Unfortunately we will probably see a lot of Pascal tonight with Carroll most likely not playing, meaning we have no one who can play the four other than Pascal and Patterson.
                        I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

                        Comment


                        • Raptors should of traded JV this past summer. When his value was at a all time high. Now Raptors have to hope for JV to get a favorable match up in the playoffs. No one wants low post scorers that cant guard the perimeter. If they do it's to use them as a 6th man type.

                          Sent from my LG-H831 using Tapatalk
                          Last edited by Chr1s1anL; Thu Dec 29, 2016, 09:30 AM.
                          @Chr1st1anL

                          Comment


                          • Turned off the game after the first.. hard to watch a game so late at night. Will see if I can watch a replay later. Siakam with a -15 in 4 mins.. sounds about right.

                            I also see that the Warriors shot over 60% from 3 (with 23 attempts). Yet it was still a 10point game. That's pretty surprising. If that first quarter wasn't so lopsided perhaps this could have actually been a win?

                            Need to change that starting unit somehow before the playoffs. And not during the playoffs (because that never works). I have no faith that Sully will help. Wonder if Masai will be able to pull of a trade?

                            Comment


                            • DanH wrote: View Post
                              Seems to be a lot of negativity here after this one. I didn't see so much to be upset about. The Warriors are insanely good, and barring Casey spotting them 15 points in 4 minutes with that starting lineup, this one is even closer than it turned out to be. The Warriors came out like a barn on fire, and I thought there was very little the Raps could have done defensively to change that, but it was made worse by some defensive breakdowns and some terribly run offence, year long symptoms of our incorrect starting lineup.

                              I thought it was a good fight by the team to get back in it at various points. They took advantage when the GSW stars were sitting and made their run, and fought well at the end with the small ball lineup, which failed for the only reason it ever seems to fail - they couldn't box out to save their lives. Had a hard time scoring against GSW switching everything too.

                              It's one game of 82, against the most ridiculous team ever assembled, and the Raps don't have to worry about these guys again unless they get to the Finals.
                              I think that's where frustration lies with people. We are a semi contender in about 50% of seasons. 2016 17 is an exception where really nobody has a shot. Golden State if healthy is 95% likely to win IMO, and should they get bad injuries or something strange than Cleveland has the other 5%, in fact lets call it 6%, they are 101% likely.

                              It wouldn't be so bad if we were say Minnesota or Milwaukee, and say I dunno...2 years away from being 2 years away..its just so Raptors that we become a (60?) win team and the best edition we've ever had, and it's the year of the superest super team of all time because of an exploding cap and the Lebronaliers are also great.

                              How often in history can a team win 60 and know they have no shot? The time is now to add an all star, if Masai can pull it.
                              Last edited by KeonClark; Thu Dec 29, 2016, 10:44 AM.
                              It's Klaw Season. Time to hunt.

                              Comment


                              • KeonClark wrote: View Post
                                I think that's where frustration lies with people. We are a semi contender in about 50% of seasons. 2016 17 is an exception where really nobody has a shot. Golden State if healthy is 95% likely to win IMO, and should they get bad injuries or something strange than Cleveland has the other 5%, in fact lets call it 6%, they are 101% likely.

                                It wouldn't be so bad if we were saying Minnesota or Milwaukee, and say I dunno...2 years away from being 2 years away..its just so Raptors that we become a (60?) win team and the best edition we've ever had, and it's the year of the superest super team of all time because of an exploding cap and the Lebronaliers are also great.

                                How often in history can a team win 60 and know they have no shot? The time is now to add an all star, if Masai can pull it.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X