Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Everything (2016-2017) Regular Season Game Threads

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Lupe wrote: View Post
    Superb isn't an accurate description of Kobe defensively, his defense is often overrated. He was a good defender though, better than DeMar for sure that's not debatable.

    I've always thought that prime Wade was actually more similar to Jordan than Kobe was but that's just me.
    Kobe was voted by NBA coaches to the NBA 1st team all defence 9 times. Tied with Jordan, Payton, Garnett. I think 'superb' might be an understatement.

    Comment


    • Game #32: Toronto Raptors 91 - Phoenix Suns 99

      6pm Pacific Time.

      Probable Starters

      Toronto
      PG - Kyle Lowry
      SG - DeMar DeRozan
      SF - DeMarre Carroll (Norman Powell? hope so)
      PF - Pascal Siakam
      C - Jonas Valanciunas

      Phoenix
      PG - Eric Bledsoe
      SG - Devin Booker
      SF - PJ Tucker
      PF - Marquese Chriss
      C - Tyson Chandler

      Key Matchup - DeRozan vs Booker.
      Mamba Mentality

      Comment


      • i have no idea what phoenix is doing. caught some of suns/spurs last night, earl watson runs worse offensive sets than dwane casey's first couple of years here.

        Comment


        • KHD wrote: View Post
          i have no idea what phoenix is doing. caught some of suns/spurs last night, earl watson runs worse offensive sets than dwane casey's first couple of years here.
          Maybe Watson should try some pot, I heard it makes you creative.
          It's Klaw Season. Time to hunt.

          Comment


          • KeonClark wrote: View Post
            Maybe Watson should try some pot, I heard it makes you creative.
            That play was so good. Jaw dropping good.
            Heir, Prince of Cambridge

            If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

            Comment


            • big boi wrote: View Post
              Kobe was voted by NBA coaches to the NBA 1st team all defence 9 times. Tied with Jordan, Payton, Garnett. I think 'superb' might be an understatement.
              Highly debatable whether he deserved those 1st team all defence selections. Especially not the ones later in his career like the 1st team selection he had no business getting in 2010.

              It's hard to measure objectively with statistics but for example his defensive box-score plus minus was negative or near zero almost every single year of his career with the exception of one (1999-2000)
              Last edited by Lupe; Thu Dec 29, 2016, 06:29 PM.

              Comment


              • 3inthekeon wrote: View Post
                JV is a somewhat better version of Greg Monroe, who's been on the trade block for some time now.
                Was thinking this but reading it makes it real.

                Comment


                • lewro wrote: View Post
                  Was thinking this but reading it makes it real.
                  JV, Monroe, Kanter and Vucevic are all kind of in the same group of center. Similar aged centers, skilled offensively but defensive liabilities in the modern game. JV is the best in that group (maybe a hair better than Kanter) but it's telling that the other three are all sort of being used as 6th men spark-plug type scorers.

                  Comment


                  • Lupe wrote: View Post
                    JV, Monroe, Kanter and Vucevic are all kind of in the same group of center. Similar aged centers, skilled offensively but defensive liabilities in the modern game. JV is the best in that group (maybe a hair better than Kanter) but it's telling that the other three are all sort of being used as 6th men spark-plug type scorers.
                    I'd say Vuc is better than JV at this moment. He has a much more complete offensive game and can actually make shots from the mid range consistently.

                    Comment


                    • Booker looked looked good for a rookie last year, but has pretty well flatlined this year.

                      Siakim vs Chriss suggests Pascal should play more than 5 minutes tonight.
                      If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

                      Comment


                      • 3inthekeon wrote: View Post
                        JV is a somewhat better version of Greg Monroe, who's been on the trade block for some time now.
                        It should be interesting what the Magic get for Vuc. He's pretty comparable to JV. Even though he is more agile than JV.

                        Sent from my LG-H831 using Tapatalk
                        Last edited by Chr1s1anL; Thu Dec 29, 2016, 07:09 PM.
                        @Chr1st1anL

                        Comment


                        • Lupe wrote: View Post
                          JV, Monroe, Kanter and Vucevic are all kind of in the same group of center. Similar aged centers, skilled offensively but defensive liabilities in the modern game. JV is the best in that group (maybe a hair better than Kanter) but it's telling that the other three are all sort of being used as 6th men spark-plug type scorers.
                          I'd like to see what JV's man to man defence could look like if he didn't have to help compensate for a defensive sieve in Demar. When healthy JV has played fine man to man defence. Demar can't so constantly needs help d. JV can also be a beast on the boards in addition to some efficient offence. Kanter might be a decent comparison but he plays behind Adams who is better than both.

                          Comment


                          • slamdunk23 wrote: View Post
                            I'd say Vuc is better than JV at this moment. He has a much more complete offensive game and can actually make shots from the mid range consistently.
                            Better offensively for sure

                            Comment


                            • Whats this injury that JV has? A couple of you have mention it. What is he playing through?

                              Sent from my LG-H831 using Tapatalk
                              @Chr1st1anL

                              Comment


                              • Lupe wrote: View Post
                                Highly debatable whether he deserved those 1st team all defence selections. Especially not the ones later in his career like the 1st team selection he had no business getting in 2010.

                                It's hard to measure objectively with statistics but for example his defensive box-score plus minus was negative or near zero almost every single year of his career with the exception of one (1999-2000)
                                So a debate between you and all of the coaches in the NBA judging him at that time (except the Lakers coach) 9 times? Interesting. I'm gonna go with the 29 coaches, 9 times.

                                What is not open for debate is how ludicrous it is to even compare Kobe's D to Demar's D. It is not enough to say 'Kobe was better but...' I'm paraphrasing I think. One is a bad defender at his position and can't play good man to man d. The other was considered to be the best defender at his position in the league 9 times, by opposing coaches. And the 2nd best at his position some other years.

                                If Demar could be considered the 15th best at his position I would be extremely happy. SI consider he is in the bottom 20%. So what's that, 6th worst?

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X