No announcement yet.

Everything (2016-2017) Regular Season Game Threads

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A question right off the grid and nothing to do with the Nuggets Raps...

Russell Douchebrook put up 44.. yes 44 FG attempts against the Suns on game 2 of the season...

Whats the over under on a 40 plus shots attempted games for Russell as he embarks on his "Its all about Me" tour this year without Durant. The record is 3 times held by .. yeah.. Kobe.

I will ante up first and say he does it two more times this year and ties Kobe.
    There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
    - TGO

Comment

• It's not really about a set number of guys in a tier, it's about where there is a significant difference in talent. Seriously, look at this list of names: Harden, Westbrook, Thompson, Butler, DeRozan. Is that really a group of similar players?

I could see the argument that DeRozan is on a similar tier to Thompson and Butler. Westbrook and Harden are on a different planet.
      twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• Demographic Shift wrote: View Post
        A question right off the grid and nothing to do with the Nuggets Raps...

Russell Douchebrook put up 44.. yes 44 FG attempts against the Suns on game 2 of the season...

Whats the over under on a 40 plus shots attempted games for Russell as he embarks on his "Its all about Me" tour this year without Durant. The record is 3 times held by .. yeah.. Kobe.

I will ante up first and say he does it two more times this year and ties Kobe.
        34 PER and averaging pretty much a triple-double for a 3-0 team.

Yeah, what a douche.
        Last edited by Mess; Mon Oct 31, 2016, 12:27 AM.
        Two beer away from being two beers away.

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
          And... any evidence of that? He only defended 39 post ups last season, and gave up 1.08 PPP, second worst on the Nuggets behind only Mudiay.
          I mean if you actually followed him, you would know that he was injured as shit last year, coming off knee surgery, and when he came back his conditioning was poor.

But don't take my word for it. Here's a passage from May 2015 after his rookie season (during which he was routinely lauded for his defense):

He was a stout defensive presence at the rim, holding his opponents to 5.1 percent below their average within six feet of the basket, per SportVU. He also allowed just 0.72 points per possession in the post, according to Synergy.

Comment

• Scraptor wrote: View Post
            I mean if you actually followed him, you would know that he was injured as shit last year, coming off knee surgery, and when he came back his conditioning was poor.

But don't take my word for it. Here's a passage from May 2015 after his rookie season (during which he was routinely lauded for his defense):
            Again, though, that's one year of limited sample size from two years ago when he was an unscouted rookie, playing mostly against backup centres (and they tend to be just great in the post). Assuming the same rate of defended post ups per minute as last season, that means a total of about 80 postups. That's fewer defended post ups than... Spencer Hawes. Dirk Nowitzki. Harrison Barnes. Pau Gasol. Brook Lopez. Does JV have trouble with those guys? Because they all posted a DPPP in the post between 0.7 and 0.8 last season in a larger sample than Nurkic did his rookie year. Post plays offensively require a large sample to normalize statistically, just like 3 point shots. Defensively even more so.

That's a... tenuous reason to be worried about him as a defender. Fair enough, though. Suffice to say I'm personally not concerned.
            twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• Comment

• Spooky game day!

Comment

• Mess wrote: View Post
                  34 PER and averaging pretty much a triple-double for a 3-0 team.

Yeah, what a douche.
                  I know right. He should totally give the reins to Roberson.

Comment

• Best costume ever.

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
                      Again, though, that's one year of limited sample size from two years ago when he was an unscouted rookie, playing mostly against backup centres (and they tend to be just great in the post). Assuming the same rate of defended post ups per minute as last season, that means a total of about 80 postups. That's fewer defended post ups than... Spencer Hawes. Dirk Nowitzki. Harrison Barnes. Pau Gasol. Brook Lopez. Does JV have trouble with those guys? Because they all posted a DPPP in the post between 0.7 and 0.8 last season in a larger sample than Nurkic did his rookie year. Post plays offensively require a large sample to normalize statistically, just like 3 point shots. Defensively even more so.

That's a... tenuous reason to be worried about him as a defender. Fair enough, though. Suffice to say I'm personally not concerned.
                      And, the guys who actually are known as dominant post defenders, players like DeAndre and Drummond, are generally the players that JV puts up some of his best performances against. JV gets up to play those guys.
                      twitter.com/anthonysmdoyle

Comment

• Barolt wrote: View Post
                        And, the guys who actually are known as dominant post defenders, players like DeAndre and Drummond, are generally the players that JV puts up some of his best performances against. JV gets up to play those guys.
                        When did Drummond become a dominant post defender?
                        Sunny ways my friends, sunny ways
                        Because its 2015

Comment

• Barolt wrote: View Post
                          i thought drummond was well known to be a bad post defender

Comment

• Uncle_Si wrote: View Post
                            I'm not saying he is, but in the general NBA purview, he does have that reputation.
                            twitter.com/anthonysmdoyle

Comment

• Comment

• Uncle_Si wrote: View Post
                                It's news to me too.

Sent from my LG-H831 using Tapatalk
                                @Chr1st1anL

Comment

Working...
                                X