Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Everything (2016-2017) Regular Season Game Threads

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • special1 wrote: View Post
    Unlike you guys, I don't hate any of our players. You guys hate on our all-star!!!.... lol. You admit it.

    JV doesn't fit man.... Biz stole his mins, Bebe finishing games now.

    We told you guys this would happen but we're just haters right?

    Now your mad at us for seeing what was right before our eyes. I like JV, I really do. He seems like a nice guy and he plays for my team. However, I just don't think he fits and I've noticed this issue for a while now.

    Now you guys are seeing it to.
    no, you, as usual, miss the point.

    JV doesnt fit our style, no shit sherlock. We've said that all along.

    Good coaches, though, work with the strengths and weaknesses of their players to make a better team. average coaches ram square pegs into round holes.

    Comment


    • Scraptor wrote: View Post
      What great long-term vision we showed when we we decided to turn him into Roy fucking Hibbert
      FWIW I don't think JV is on the block...
      He has to control what he can.. which is to amp up his focus and intensity and bring that each and every night. He just has to come out with more energy that he has shown lately.

      Its a thankless role he has right now... setting screens and rebounding. But such is his lot in life until he starts kicking ass hard under the boards, puts up more points off of offensive rebounds and gets better position down low earlier in the possession.

      He can do it.. .but he has to do it with more frequency and ummph than he has been so far this year.
      And with the 4th overall pick the Toronto Raptors select..... Scottie Barnes.

      Comment


      • TRex wrote: View Post
        Bottomline is, letting Biz go in the offseason was a huge mistake.
        not at that price

        Comment


        • TRex wrote: View Post
          Bottomline is, letting Biz go in the offseason was a huge mistake.
          Yeah. Masai just let him go because he didn't really like the guy. Not that the Magic were doubling the Raptors' offer or anything.

          Comment


          • special1 wrote: View Post
            Unlike you guys, I don't hate any of our players. You guys hate on our all-star!!!.... lol. You admit it.

            JV doesn't fit man.... Biz stole his mins, Bebe finishing games now.

            We told you guys this would happen but we're just haters right?

            Now your mad at us for seeing what was right before our eyes. I like JV, I really do. He seems like a nice guy and he plays for my team. However, I just don't think he fits and I've noticed this issue for a while now.

            Now you guys are seeing it to.
            Whatever helps you sleep at night buddy.

            Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk
            "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

            Comment


            • Was Poeltl dressed? Surprised he didn't get a few minutes. Either way.. this was a bad loss, and as I predicted it was going to be a bad shooting night. If the Raptors didn't hit their free throws, Phoenix would have ran away with this one.

              Oh well.. on to the next..

              Comment


              • special1 wrote: View Post
                Now you see the light!? Some of us Have been saying this for a while now.....it comes down to fit.
                I actually have to agree with this a bit.

                It's clear as day that we simply will not use our big man to create down on the blocks unless we're completely desperate. For the most part what we want from our big man is a rebounder that can defend the post AND perimeter that can catch alleyoops...nothing more.

                Where we would like some more offence is the PF position and for the most part to be able to nail mid-range and 3pt shots while passing hence why we went and got Sully. The issue though will likely be that Jared is too slow defensively.

                In an "ideal" world, this team would have someone like Milsap at PF and Whiteside at C. That's just how our SYSTEM is designed and JV simply doesn't fit into that equation.

                Comment


                • tDotted wrote: View Post
                  Yeah. Masai just let him go because he didn't really like the guy. Not that the Magic were doubling the Raptors' offer or anything.
                  Masai shouldn't obviously gutted the entire team to bring back a role player lmao

                  Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk
                  "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

                  Comment


                  • Raptors didn't lose because of their defense tonight.. they lost because they couldn't score. Biyombo would have made it worse.

                    Comment


                    • TRex wrote: View Post
                      Bottomline is, letting Biz go in the offseason was a huge mistake.
                      Nope! No thanks. Do not want him at 17/m per year. That was definitely not a mistake.
                      "Stay steamy"

                      - Kobe

                      Comment


                      • JamesNaismith wrote: View Post
                        I actually have to agree with this a bit.

                        It's clear as day that we simply will not use our big man to create down on the blocks unless we're completely desperate. For the most part what we want from our big man is a rebounder that can defend the post AND perimeter that can catch alleyoops...nothing more.

                        Where we would like some more offence is the PF position and for the most part to be able to nail mid-range and 3pt shots while passing hence why we went and got Sully. The issue though will likely be that Jared is too slow defensively.

                        In an "ideal" world, this team would have someone like Milsap at PF and Whiteside at C. That's just how our SYSTEM is designed and JV simply doesn't fit into that equation.
                        oh, is that all? you do realize you're describing essentially an elite C right?

                        Comment


                        • tDotted wrote: View Post
                          10 rebounds in 19 minutes. Nogueira and Siakam grabbed 6 TOTAL in 44 minutes on the floor.

                          He's the best big on this team, just drop this fit bullshit.
                          Hey coach.... bottom line is that he played less minutes than either of those guys.

                          That's just sad. Don't kill the messenger. Unlike you, I'm not going to ignore reality.

                          Comment


                          • Problem with Biyombo was Raptors didn't have his bird rights, if they did then Masai definitely would have gone over the cap to sign him.

                            Comment


                            • KHD wrote: View Post
                              no, you, as usual, miss the point.

                              JV doesnt fit our style, no shit sherlock. We've said that all along.

                              Good coaches, though, work with the strengths and weaknesses of their players to make a better team. average coaches ram square pegs into round holes.
                              I don't think that actually means that he misses the point but rather that our coaching staff does.

                              The coaching staff is clearly not adapting JV into the offence, they're set on what they would like to do. Soooo based on that, he doesn't actually FIT what THEY want to do. It's actually fair point. Maybe he has hated on JV before but that's actually a fair point imo.

                              Comment


                              • special1 wrote: View Post
                                Hey coach.... bottom line is that he played less minutes than either of those guys.

                                That's just sad. Don't kill the messenger. Unlike you, I'm not going to ignore reality.
                                Yeah coach made an idiotic decision. What's new? Chandler was murdering Siakam/Bebe on the glass when the Raps were trying to make a run and Casey decides to sit JV. What's JV supposed to do about that? The "reality" is he should've been on the floor.. and wasn't.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X