Everything (2016-2017) Regular Season Game Threads

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• iblastoff wrote: View Post
    i cant remember the last time JV was dominant in a game. was it 2nd game in the season vs detroit and thats it?
    Forget dominating. Randle completely made JV his bitch with that sequence in the 4th. I think I'm done with him too.
    "Stay steamy"

- Kobe

Comment

• hotfuzz wrote: View Post
      consmap man. The fuck is going on with JV?
      He had a bad sequence in the 4th but the rest of the game was fine for him. Lakers near the end of the quarter were really going for steals and he probably wasn't expecting the pressure.

Something definitely has been up with him this season, we'll see what happens. I'll keep believing that he'll eventually get it together
      OG is our king

Comment

• psrs1 wrote: View Post
        Should Poetl get a shot to play the 4 or are the Lakers just that bad?
        a little bit of both, but hey Poeltl kept shit simple and earned it

Comment

i cant remember the last time JV was dominant in a game. was it 2nd game in the season vs detroit and thats it?
          I think that was the first game.

But he's been dominant in the rebounding category at times throughout the season. Scoring not so much as he doesn't quite get the ball enough.

Comment

well i assume its because patterson is clearly unavailable to play, since hes the usual closer at the 4.
            Carroll is the logical choice to take some of 2Pat's minutes, and he provides spacing. At $15M/yr, Raps need to get some production out of him.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post
              Carroll is the logical choice to take some of 2Pat's minutes, and he provides spacing. At $15M/yr, Raps need to get some production out of him.
              yeah but, carroll sucks. so theres that!

Comment

• Lowry has a chance to be the greatest Raptor of all time if he stays. Right now it's still Vince.
                Mamba Mentality

Comment

• TRex wrote: View Post
                  Lowry has a chance to be the greatest Raptor of all time if he stays. Right now it's still Vince.
                  What else does he have to do? Vince scores and dunks really well. Lowry does it all and makes the entire team better. He's the most positive contributor this team has ever had.

Comment

• Whew, a win. Nice. I'll take it. Very nice minutes from Poeltl at PF. Maybe something to try more to fill in any minutes Patterson misses. Heck, if he can play well there with bench units, let's start Patterson when he's back. OK, maybe jumping the gun on that one, but let's at least try that look a lot more, it looked really good defensively.

Team almost choked down the stretch, with first Siakam and then JV seemingly forgetting how to play basketball for a couple minutes, but Lowry was not to be denied. What a game from him. JV was pretty good too, up until that terrible stretch right at the end, finishing with 14 and 10 on 6/7 shooting - now that's a JV line, we need to see that more often. DD was very good for stretches, keeping the team alive early in each half, but overall finished with a very high-volume-low-efficiency DeMar line, without much else to go along with the scoring. Still, needed every point in this one.

Like I said, I'll take it. Now go get me Millsap, Masai!
                    twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

yeah but, carroll sucks. so theres that!
                      Yes, but Pascal has hit the rookie wall and they are both sucking about equally. However Carroll's a vet who is making a big chunk, so you have to play him. Pascal's got lots to time to get better.

Comment

• tDotted wrote: View Post
                        What else does he have to do? Vince scores and dunks really well. Lowry does it all and makes the entire team better. He's the most positive contributor this team has ever had.
                        Vince certainly had more talent and natural gifts to be better but never carried this team as far or to more Ws. Kyle's intangibles like his leadership at least make him on par, if not as you say more valuable, to our franchise.

Comment

• If Masai gets Millsap, there needs to be a diamond statue of Masai in front of the ACC.

Comment

• JamesNaismith wrote: View Post
                            Vince certainly had more talent and natural gifts to be better but never carried this team as far or to more Ws. Kyle's intangibles like his leadership at least make him on par, if not as you say more valuable, to our franchise.
                            I still think Vince is the greatest Raptor of all time, but Lowry is definitely a close second and Derozan behind them at 3rd.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post
                              Yes, but Pascal has hit the rookie wall and they are both sucking about equally. However Carroll's a vet who is making a big chunk, so you have to play him. Pascal's got lots to time to get better.
                              I really wish our franchise didn't think this way, not singling you out...everything should be earned and DC has come nowhere close to showing he's earned the starting spot. I like Ross more off the bench but even he has proven to be more deserving of the spot and I would have no problem and would prefer if we start Powell, he at least plays hard nosed defence. Carroll has had less than a handful of meaningful games this season. He should be sent to the bench and work to prove he deserves to be a starter again, he has been nothing like the DeMarre of ATL for the most part.

Comment

• On the Laker side, Luke Walton has turned buyout candidate Nick Young into an offensive star. The past 2 seasons he had TS% of .520 and .483.

Prior to tonight's game - TS%
                                Steph Curry .634
                                Kyle Lowry .631
                                Nick Young .631
                                If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

Working...
                                X