No announcement yet.

Everything (2016-2017) Regular Season Game Threads

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Geez. Getting PTSD flashbacks from this one. The Raptors used to turtle like that all the time, run garbage offence to run out the clock, barely set screens, then jack contested jumpers. Never thought I'd see it again. No idea what Casey was thinking. Somehow ran out a decent rotation this game and still found a way to throw the game away. Stupid, stupid, stupid.

On the rotation note, loved starting Poeltl. He's definitely capable at PF. Better option than Siakam or Sully next to JV, though offensively you still have some spacing issues. With BeBe carrying backup C minutes, need those minutes from Poeltl until Pat comes back. Didn't like Poeltl beside BeBe - not enough rebounding or inside scoring with that pair, and they kind of clash stylistically. Did not like the small ball lineups with BeBe either - definitely would have given Siakam some run as a bench PF. JV and BeBe looked good together as ever, except late but that was because Harris shifted to the 4 - I'm all for forcing matchups and not changing to match the other team, but if the Raps aren't going to exploit it at the other end, you'd be better off throwing Carroll on Harris and getting Norm some more run late.

Plenty of guys actually looked good until the Raptors abandoned the radical idea of playing actual basketball down the stretch. Carroll, Ross, Powell, DeMar early on, Lowry was quietly solid as ever, JV was solid. BeBe struggled as the lone big but overall was decent, Poeltl was very good. CoJo struggled defensively, but hit a few shots at least.

Pat would fix so many issues. He'd have saved the Raps in this one, for sure. Cannot wait for him to be back.
    twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
      Right cause he has had no success as a coach. Its not like only a hand full of coaches have more wins than him during his tenure. Let's also act like last year never happened.

Sent from my LG-H831 using Tapatalk
      i dont give a fuck about his wins considering that we are, now, losing because of him, and he's constantly making the same mistakes.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post
        #FireLue also. But at least he's got a ring.
        A lot of coaches would have rings if they coached Lebron. Once again great rebuttal.

@Chr1st1anL

Comment

A lot of coaches would have rings if they coached Lebron. Once again great rebuttal.

You mean like Mike Brown, who coaches very similar to Casey, except that he can actually coach defense. Mike Brown's regular season W-L record is extremely impressive though.

Comment

• KHD wrote: View Post
            i dont give a fuck about his wins considering that we are, now, losing because of him, and he's constantly making the same mistakes.
            Well I'm glad Masai isnt as short sighted as you.

@Chr1st1anL

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post
              You mean like Mike Brown, who coaches very similar to Casey, except that he can actually coach defense. Mike Brown's regular season W-L record is extremely impressive though.
              Yeah, has nothing to do with Bobbi Gibson being a main contributed to that finals team. What team he play for?

@Chr1st1anL

Comment

• To add some salt to the wound...I think this is twice in the past month or so that we've lost a one point game with DeMar getting a technical foul somewhere in it

Comment

Well I'm glad Masai isnt as short sighted as you.

To me the problem is that the team still hasn't come close to climbing the mountain so to speak and Casey doesn't really have anything else to add. Even if you like the guy, at some point fresh blood is good (as long as its not an obvious downgrade)

Comment

• As much as everyone hates on Casey, Demar is the star and he should have vetoed casey and asked him to draw up a better play... he's to blame as much as casey.. he could have made a pass and choose not too...

Comment

• Rand wrote: View Post
                      If this team keeps going this way, I'm ok with this. Notice how bad the D was tonight? Where do you think Lowry's legs and quickness are going to be next season? 2 years from now?
                      I dont know but i know where Raps would be in 2 years without Lowry: lottery
                      Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• Axel wrote:
                        Now Cody can stop posting about this guy and we have a poster to blame if anything goes wrong!!
                        KeonClark wrote:
                        We won't hear back from him. He dissapears into thin air and reappears when you least expect it. Ten is an enigma. Ten is a legend. Ten for the motherfucking win.
                        KeonClark wrote:
                        I can't wait until the playoffs start.

Until then, opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one and they most often stink

Comment

• But hey, silver lining......

Comment

• Axel wrote: View Post
                            Really Joey, all that time to prepare and you can't even roll out a single W.
                            At this point, there's nothing even I can do to help this team ... these are interesting times... Lol

Comment

• Team definitely looked frustrated and anxious once things started going south. Lowry's post game was definitely on point. Too many of these types of losses recently. Not panic time but definitely real concern time.

Comment

• slaw wrote: View Post
                                Team definitely looked frustrated and anxious once things started going south. Lowry's post game was definitely on point. Too many of these types of losses recently. Not panic time but definitely real concern time.
                                Yeah in years past close games in the 4th didn't really make them panic. It's way different now
                                OG is our king

Comment

Working...
                                X