No announcement yet.

Everything (2016-2017) Regular Season Game Threads

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bottom line is that a wannabe ECF team should not be coughing up a 16 point lead to a fringe playoff team like the Pistons. Regardless of our personnel, we have a lot more talent than them. We are supposed to be the seasoned playoff team that knows how to win games and execute down the stretch. And it's especially bad to crap the bed on our home court. This one has to go into the 'coaching loss' bin, which is becoming all too frequent of late.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post
      You mean like Mike Brown, who coaches very similar to Casey, except that he can actually coach defense. Mike Brown's regular season W-L record is extremely impressive though.
      ... Coaching Lebron for however many years will do that. Lol

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post
        Sounds like Lowry wants to be the coach....

http://www.raptorsrepublic.com/2017/...-gotta-change/
        If that's not a message against dwane casey I dunno what is. You cant blame lowry, he's only got 2 or 3 more years of prime ball left, he can't afford a "wasted year" like us fans
        9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• Rihanna just checked Raptors-Pistons score @ Grammys

Comment

• Kyle Lowry: "At the end of the day, we gotta play harder I guess. I guess that’s what will be said. We gotta got out there and find ways to execute down the stretch."
            That's a part that really stands out to me.

Doesn't take a genius to read between the lines that he's basically saying that our franchise will claim we just need to play harder but he doesn't believe that...he believes they need more and as he says something needs to change. He's basically demanding a trade but he's keeping it "professional".

Comment

• A big reason we lost this one....I know people are going to point to the ISO in the 4th and yes, they seem to play differently when they have a lead.....The comfort zone just isn't there as it is with Ppatt in there.

Their bigs OUTPLAYED our bigs as they always had better positioning with regards to rebounds.

Drummond and Baynes combined for 25 rebounds (Drummond had 18 rebounds - 8 offensive).....JV and Bebe combined for 11 rebounds....that's the game right there. They had 11 offensive rebounds between Drummond and Baynes. JV and Bebe had 3 offensive rebounds combined.

We lost by 1 point....

Another wasted game by Carroll.....

Cojo was horrible (-17 for the game...by far the worst player). When he comes into the game in the 3rd and 4th we bleed points.

Im a Toronto guy (lived in the city most of my life) and I love the fact that Cory Joseph plays for us, but i'm really now struggling with this. The guy comes in and everything goes to shit. Honestly, what is happening with him? I don't see the playmaking that i would expect from him, especially coming from the Spurs. Everything just seems so hard for him......Do they have any plays for him to run??? What is happening?

Comment

• Cory was a third pg on spurs. Lets not make it sound like he was some amazing back up with Spurs. His calling card was defense but now he cant guard anybody
                Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• JamesNaismith wrote: View Post
                  That's a part that really stands out to me.

Doesn't take a genius to read between the lines that he's basically saying that our franchise will claim we just need to play harder but he doesn't believe that...he believes they need more and as he says something needs to change. He's basically demanding a trade but he's keeping it "professional".
                  Yeah.. his comments were about getting a trade done, and not about firing Casey. At least that's how I interpreted it initially. I don't think he likes his role players much anymore.

Comment

• CoJo blows chunks. So disappointed. Maybe he's spending too much time around Anthony Bennett.

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
                      If that's not a message against dwane casey I dunno what is. You cant blame lowry, he's only got 2 or 3 more years of prime ball left, he can't afford a "wasted year" like us fans
                      I don't think it was about the coach. I think he wants more talent. Maybe you're right but that's not how I interpret it.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
                        Yeah.. his comments were about getting a trade done, and not about firing Casey. At least that's how I interpreted it initially. I don't think he likes his role players much anymore.
                        I'm completely reversed, he's tired of 4th quarter strategy and decision making, or lack of. Between his comments after last game about "play calls down the stretch" and then here saying (paraphrase) "keep having the same thing happen late" and then "we need to play harder...that's what will be said" implies that will be caseys same old post game comment, a veiled shot at him
                        9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
                          That's what I got from it too.

He doesn't think our role players are good enough (and I agree). I don't think Bebe even comes close to replacing Biz (no matter how much people try to sell that snake oil).... The guy can't get a rebound to save his life or ours. He's not a PF and doesn't provide any offensive threat but he's a nice passer... better than Cory.

This is the time that I would've liked to see Wright play backup PG but the guy was injured for most of the season. What can you do? I don't blame Casey. We're playing inexperienced players and what can you expect?

I've said this many times..... our all-stars need help.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• Just finished watching the 4th quarter:

- Lowry and DeRozan literally just alternated taking shots in that quarter. Tough shots too. Just brutal.
                            - Unlike in the Minny game, JV actually played in the 4th. But they didn't really use him on offence lol. So what's the point?
                            - Bebe Noguiera is Casey's new John Salmons. He loves the guy. Putting him on Harris in the 4th was beyond stupid. Harris completely torched the Raps in that quarter. I mean, it's so predictable. That's what happens when you put a 7 footer against a good scoring SF like Harris. Someone tell Casey that Noguiera is not Bismack Biyombo.

And finally, i'm officially on the #FireCasey bandwagon. I've defended the guy since day 1 but I feel like it's time to shake things up.
                            Mamba Mentality

Comment

• TRex wrote: View Post
                              Just finished watching the 4th quarter:

- Lowry and DeRozan literally just alternated taking shots in that quarter. Tough shots too. Just brutal.
                              - Unlike in the Minny game, JV actually played in the 4th. But they didn't really use him on offence lol. So what's the point?
                              - Bebe Noguiera is Casey's new John Salmons. He loves the guy. Putting him on Harris in the 4th was beyond stupid. Harris completely torched the Raps in that quarter. I mean, it's so predictable. That's what happens when you put a 7 footer against a good scoring SF like Harris. Someone tell Casey that Noguiera is not Bismack Biyombo.

And finally, i'm officially on the #FireCasey bandwagon. I've defended the guy since day 1 but I feel like it's time to shake things up.
                              I don't have an issue with letting go Casey, just is it even realistic when we just re-signed him to an extension and who steps in mid-season to be able to coach well enough to convince Kyle to stay?!?

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
                                It's actually surprising how direct he was. I think you've hit the nail on head about him being worried about wasting a year, because this does feel like a call to action.

And it makes sense, because if you make a change now you can at least try to figure out who should be here next year.

But it will never happen. Masai will never fire Casey midseason. And I hope that doesn't complicate Kyle's decision to return. Because if he walks we are really, really fucked.

Comment

Working...
                                X