Everything (2016-2017) Regular Season Game Threads

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post
    Tom Sterner took shots at Lowry. "Blames everybody but himself" and "that has been his M.O"
    Tom also said he thought it was unfair to blame Casey for this sort of stuff, so I'm not leaning too much on his opinion in this matter.
    twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post
      Tom Sterner took shots at Lowry. "Blames everybody but himself" and "that has been his M.O"
      Really unprofessional. That won't help his case to get back in the league.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• Maury wrote: View Post
        Really unprofessional. That won't help his case to get back in the league.

What's this Tom Sterner stuff and why is he imposing his opinion
        9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
          I don't know but I saw it on twitter and he's criticizing Kyle for causing all the problems. Trying to defend casey for some reason.

Comment

• Maury wrote: View Post
            I don't know but I saw it on twitter and he's criticizing Kyle for causing all the problems. Trying to defend casey for some reason.

Coaches defend each other to the death. A coach could drown a baby and an old assistant would come out of the woodwork to say the baby shouldve been a better swimmer

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
              He basically said:

- Lowry was a smart, calculating guy and likes to blame everything on Casey. Says it's not entirely fair, that last night him and Demar took tough shots and JV couldn't defend in pick and roll down the stretch. Said he thinks Lowry was in part referring to Bebe and JV out there in last two defensive possessions.

- Said he thinks they need a trade to inject new blood. Rookies aren't cutting it, Patterson's been hurt and DC has been disappointing.

- Said DC and Lowry will likely talk today if they haven't already. Says Lowry is volatile, get frustrated with himself and other guys easily. Said Lowry wanted to put people on notice but did it diplomatically. Said that was the right approach for Kyle as opposed to how he used to behave. Said Kyle does not want to be or be seen as a coach-killer.

- Lowry has leverage. How much control will he have? Ujiri may need to decide. Will that make them a better team? No question his new contract is an issue, will be pursued by other teams. Thinks he has 4-5 years left. Would Ujiri give Lowry a coach he wants?

- Ujiri has a plan. Makes own decisions. Picks his moments to say things. Very calculated man. Deserves credit for not forcing changes and recognizing he has some good players. Need to make a deal. Will turn things around.

He's giving his opinion cause he was interviewed and they asked him. He isn't "imposing" his opinion on anyone.

Comment

• Game #56 Toronto Raptors 94 - Chicago Bulls 105

Raptors struggling. Heading to Chicago. Chicago struggling. Chicago have big players injured. First game of back to back. Raptors falling apart. Happy Valentines Day everyone!

PROJECTED STARTING LINEUPS

Can the Raptors finally beat Chicago? Have the wheels fallen off? Will a trade happen soon? Find out all this and more, next time on Toronto Raptors basketball!

LET'S GO RAPS!!!
                The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

• Raps vs Chicago

Comment

• slaw wrote: View Post
                    He basically said:

- Lowry was a smart, calculating guy and likes to blame everything on Casey. Says it's not entirely fair, that last night him and Demar took tough shots and JV couldn't defend in pick and roll down the stretch. Said he thinks Lowry was in part referring to Bebe and JV out there in last two defensive possessions.

- Said he thinks they need a trade to inject new blood. Rookies aren't cutting it, Patterson's been hurt and DC has been disappointing.

- Said DC and Lowry will likely talk today if they haven't already. Says Lowry is volatile, get frustrated with himself and other guys easily. Said Lowry wanted to put people on notice but did it diplomatically. Said that was the right approach for Kyle as opposed to how he used to behave. Said Kyle does not want to be or be seen as a coach-killer.

- Lowry has leverage. How much control will he have? Ujiri may need to decide. Will that make them a better team? No question his new contract is an issue, will be pursued by other teams. Thinks he has 4-5 years left. Would Ujiri give Lowry a coach he wants?

- Ujiri has a plan. Makes own decisions. Picks his moments to say things. Very calculated man. Deserves credit for not forcing changes and recognizing he has some good players. Need to make a deal. Will turn things around.

He's giving his opinion cause he was interviewed and they asked him. He isn't "imposing" his opinion on anyone.
                    The imposing thing was a play on words from.his frightening half time interviews. Nonetheless, this doesn't read like he "ethered" lowry at all. Sounds like he started that it's not fair to blame DC then backtracked and said kyle was diplomatic about how he did it

Comment

• I can't see this ending well for us....

Edit: **Actual picture of Butler dunking on Jonas.**
                      Last edited by Nilanka; Mon Feb 13, 2017, 02:47 PM.

Comment

• 007 approaches the altar of the basketball gods. Do they deem his game thread worthy of a victory?
                        OG is our king

Comment

• Some interesting comments. Never stopped to consider that playing rookies would weigh down on Kyle and DeMar so much but it makes perfect sense. Those two are clearly hungry for a competitive team and getting further into the playoffs and having to rely on young players around them is a big step back for a team that made it to the ECF. That and losing Biz just puts too much pressure on JV to be the focal point on D, which I don't feel he is ready for.

Comment

• LJ2 wrote: View Post
                            Some interesting comments. Never stopped to consider that playing rookies would weigh down on Kyle and DeMar so much but it makes perfect sense. Those two are clearly hungry for a competitive team and getting further into the playoffs and having to rely on young players around them is a big step back for a team that made it to the ECF. That and losing Biz just puts too much pressure on JV to be the focal point on D, which I don't feel he is ready for.
                            Well..its the 5th season for JV.
                            If he isnt ready now its unlikely he will ever be ready.
                            There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
                            - TGO

Comment

• Rondo/wade/butler....lowry/casey...what a perfect valentine's day game, where everybody is pissed off and hating each other. Maybe we should get charles oakley in attendance to cap it off

Comment

• Demographic Shift wrote: View Post
                                Well..its the 5th season for JV.
                                If he isnt ready now its unlikely he will ever be ready.
                                If jv gets 2 post ups in the last 5 minutes of both yesterday and Minnesota game, we likely win them both and his offense/defense net is a positive

Comment

Working...
                                X