No announcement yet.

Everything (2016-2017) Regular Season Game Threads

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• He was seeking the foul; not attempting to actually make a basket. That would never get called at that time of the game.
    "My biggest concern as a coach is to not confuse winning with progress." - Steve Kerr
    "If it's unacceptable in defeat, it's unacceptable in victory." - Jeff Van Gundy

Comment

• JamesNaismith wrote: View Post
      I still don't agree on him being great last year but that's whatever but I will at least give you that in today's NBA market that he's very tradeable. Again the issue I had with it was the combined spend of over $20M/yr to 2 mediocre at best players in a CBA at the time hadn't exploded. Before you say it I know it was made in light of trying to hedge against the current one but I find incredibly hard to believe $20+M in THAT cba couldn't have bought a lot more.

As for the Carroll signing (not repeating as a mock lol) "free money" is a terrible way to view things and is exactly what's biting us in the ass right now for being so short sighted. If we're doing it for the sake of then don't make a long time commitment to a very unsure thing like Carroll, his health was already in question (oh yes it was even prior to this knee), he looked pretty badly hurt in the series against LeBron and had previous injuries in his past. Not to mention this was a contract dulled out for a single decent season which was definitely very Hedo like and maybe even more so because DC was playing next to 4 "all star" players and most notably he was the guy left out which speaks to his impact. I won't even touch on the comment of his contract still being quite good under no CBA is a totally washed up player eating up $15M/yr attached to the word good. I'm not sure why this board (looks at av) has such a hard time even just giving the slightest criticism to Masai's decisions, it's like a weird suppression lol. The man can do wrong and has.

As for Canada sucking, that's not true either but again at the fault of our GM. There are good CAN ie/ Nash, Wiggins, Lyles and soon to be Barrett Jr. Just our GM deciding to turn a blind eye because of their nationality....but hey Masai is apparently perfect.
      He's not perfect.. I even said so earlier. He brought Casey back. That was an error in judgement. I still think the Carroll signing was a good decision. Maybe 1 year too much on his contract, but whatever. Carroll could easily be traded too. He's making less per year than guys like Jeff Green or Bazemore. It's not like he's super overpaid here.

As for a quick rant on Canadian ballers.. way over hyped man. Wiggins is not a star in the making. He'll be a good player but #1 pick over all? Shameful. Lyles is fine, but again he's over hyped here because he's Canadian. Probably in the same realm as a guy like Patterson or Taj Gibson. Good player/starter, never going to be an all-star. Way too early to discuss Barrett Jr. Skal was a high school phenom too at one point. Our Canadian team fricken lost to old man Scola's team. I just have no hope in Canadian talent becoming world beaters any time soon.

I have no problems assigning blame. He made a poor decision in keeping/extending Casey. If he f's up the Lowry situation this summer than I'll be right there with you with my pitch fork in hand.

Comment

• hotfuzz wrote: View Post
        The bulls could have a roster full of d leaguers and I still wouldn't trust the raptors to beat them.
        I second this

Comment

• Man, I hate the NBA.

Sent from my LG-H831 using Tapatalk
          @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Ugh..... there was this really old post I made about the Gay trade evaluating the pieces we got for him. Shame to see that GV is out of the league at this point, given that he's essentially a better shooting version of Ricky Rubio. I can't find it, but Masai was willing to go full-tank until he watched this team play with the new pieces. He then realized we had the depth to compete & make the playoffs. Which is why KLOE isn't south of the border in the Big Apple.

The worst thing that can happen right now: Nothing. We stay put, no trades, no firing Casey, etc. We just stay pat. I thin Masai is realizing the patience of his team is high.... but then again, he's the Billy Beane of Hoops. Never watching games live, keeping quiet & mysterious. I like that about the guy. Also.... you know fully well most rumours for us never come to fruition.
            Axel wrote:
            Now Cody can stop posting about this guy and we have a poster to blame if anything goes wrong!!
            KeonClark wrote:
            We won't hear back from him. He dissapears into thin air and reappears when you least expect it. Ten is an enigma. Ten is a legend. Ten for the motherfucking win.
            KeonClark wrote:
            I can't wait until the playoffs start.

Until then, opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one and they most often stink

Comment

• If we lose this game, I hope the fans start chanting "Fire Casey".
              Axel wrote:
              Now Cody can stop posting about this guy and we have a poster to blame if anything goes wrong!!
              KeonClark wrote:
              We won't hear back from him. He dissapears into thin air and reappears when you least expect it. Ten is an enigma. Ten is a legend. Ten for the motherfucking win.
              KeonClark wrote:
              I can't wait until the playoffs start.

Until then, opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one and they most often stink

Comment

• Just Is wrote: View Post
                He was seeking the foul; not attempting to actually make a basket. That would never get called at that time of the game.
                IT gets the call 99-100 times in Boston gaden

Comment

• Mapko wrote: View Post
                  No he doesn't

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk
                  "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

• I clicked on this to say that Tony Snell was going to score 40 tomorrow, forgetting he doesn't play for the bulls anymore.
                    Someone on the Bulls will have a career high tomorrow night.

That said, this is a game the raps SHOULD come out on fire. Lots of intensity, lots of D. If we see a flat game with no heart the problems are more severe than I thought.

Comment

• Mapko wrote: View Post
                      No one gets that call at the end of the game. It would have to be pretty damn blatant.

Sent from my STV100-3 using Tapatalk
                      "My biggest concern as a coach is to not confuse winning with progress." - Steve Kerr
                      "If it's unacceptable in defeat, it's unacceptable in victory." - Jeff Van Gundy

Comment

• Scraptor wrote: View Post
                        There is almost a zero chance we lose this if Butler's out. The Bulls are steaming garbage, if not for Jimmy's heroics they'd be deep in the lottery.

But a win by default is meaningless. Would much prefer to see how we adjust and react to adversity.
                        How soon we forget. Just under a year ago...Butler is held to 13 points, the only other actual starter who starts for the Bulls is Taj. DeMar and Kyle combine for 60 pts. And we lost.

http://www.basketball-reference.com/...603140TOR.html

Comment

• Jclaw wrote: View Post
                          How soon we forget. Just under a year ago...Butler is held to 13 points, the only other actual starter who starts for the Bulls is Taj. DeMar and Kyle combine for 60 pts. And we lost.

http://www.basketball-reference.com/...603140TOR.html
                          Cory was a +4 in a loss.

Oh how I miss those days

Comment

• Anyone watching this Wizards game? we're not going to catch them are we?
                            Mamba Mentality

Comment

• Nuggets are about to put up 80 points on the Warriors at the half LOL

Comment

• TRex wrote: View Post
                                ONE good draft pick(46th overall) in 3-4 years. Yay!
                                Lol that was predictable.

It's okay, everybody needs to vent.
                                "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

Working...
                                X