No announcement yet.

Everything (2016-2017) Regular Season Game Threads

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm gonna go against the grain and choose to believe in Casey.

Comment

• Never thought at the start if the year I would say this, but the team needs to find a taker for Cory before the deadline. Casey won't stop rolling him out there and it's hurting us. Not that that was the biggest issue in this one, but it remains an issue.
      twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
        Hopefully both pat and ibaka play tomorrow. Bench got outscored by 30 tonight. Need bodies.

Sent from my LG-H831 using Tapatalk
        What they really need is the air ambulance to drop off a heart and a bag of guts...some pretty timid play on display in the last few.
        There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
        - TGO

Comment

• Jangles wrote: View Post
          We didn't start the game with enough "force". I am jealous of Caseys 6th sense to be able to always find the most accurate reason for why we lose a game.
          that's not even remotely accurate.

We started the game with Jonas demolishing the bulls inside to the tune of 10 pts and 6? boards in the 1st quarter, the bulls couldn't keep him off the glass and he hit some jumpers. We were up by 1 point when he came out with 3 to play in the first.

As soon as he came out we fell apart and that was it. The bulls were running after that and we just threw turnover after turnover and shot horrendous shots.

Like, i'm at the point where I'm starting to question if Casey is suffering from early dementia because he has no fucking clue what is happening and what to do at all times

Comment

• Was expecting a lot more jump in our step coming into this game. Instead, looked completely flat on both ends. No communication on defense, and guys just freestyling on offense.

Seeing little to no improvement from game to game. It actually looks like we're regressing.

It's hard to draw conclusions from just one game, but it looks like the team has tuned out Casey, and are just going through the motions. What happened?

Comment

• lewro wrote: View Post
              Handwritten? They let you submit that?
              I say let the guy start a homework thread (in lieu of game threads), it's mildly entertaining.
              It was a exam
              Abbas wrote:

First of all i was my own source

Comment

• TRex wrote: View Post
                Huh? why?
                Cause he literally just got here and hasn't had not even one day of practice time. It just doesn't make sense. Let both him and Pat come back after the All Star break where they both get some practice time under their belt and some rest. But if he does play I won't be mad that's for sure.
                I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

Comment

We actually lost to the Bulls? WTF. This is bad. This is really bad.

I don't plan on watching the game but just looking at the boxscore: Sounds like DeRozan struggled, it happens, but where are the role players? Carroll FORTY minutes - 4 points? you've got to be kidding me.

This team just lost b2b to two mediocre teams. Lowry then called out the coach and the mgmt after the Detroit game. Masai responded today by trading for Ibaka. You would think that the team would be energized for tonight's game after that trade, and then this happened?

I think the coach has completely lost the lockerroom. No other explanation. The Bulls are flat out terrible.
                  Honest question: How is Carroll supposed to make an impact scoring wise when he only gets 4 shots? That makes no sense.

The role players were not the problem; they played well. It was our two all-stars who stunk up the joint.
                  "Stay steamy"

- Kobe

Comment

• hotfuzz wrote: View Post
                    Honest question: How is Carroll supposed to make an impact scoring wise when he only gets 4 shots? That makes no sense.

The role players were not the problem; they played well. It was our two all-stars who stunk up the joint.
                    I would kind of agree with that. Tonight it was Demar and Kyle playing like complete shit that stood out to me. Bebe as well. Cory was bad but not AS bad as he's been. Carroll missed a couple open 3's but he actually wasn't that bad. He played good defence when no one else was and he rebounded well. And the biggest thing is he didn't try and drive the ball like he normally does lol. Kyle and Demar played like shit and had bad body language and that's what did it. I'll give them a pass though because they normally don't play this bad at the same time. But the biggest reason was Casey and his stupid lineups once again. Oh and the defence in the first half from what i've heard because I missed the first half. The biggest thing Ibaka and Patterson will do for this team is prevent Casey from having bad big men combinations on the floor. We are fucked with Cory but I think Patterson and Ibaka can make up for how bad Cory is. Jonas wont get any fourth quarter minutes anymore but at least this time it will be at the hands of Ibaka and not Bebe, which I can live with a little bit more. HOPEFULLY we can get rid of Cory before the deadline but as someone else said I feel Masai isn't yet comfortable with having Delon man the point in the playoffs. But Cory better be gone in the offseason at the very least.
                    I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

Comment

• The one thing this team has done almost without fail the last three years is play hard. They might have the odd stinker here or there but they were few and far between. This year, I've seen more lay-down games than I have in the last 2 years combined.

Comment

• slaw wrote: View Post
                        The one thing this team has done almost without fail the last three years is play hard. They might have the odd stinker here or there but they were few and far between. This year, I've seen more lay-down games than I have in the last 2 years combined.
                        Couldn't agree with you more. And that's a sign of the coach losing the locker room which isn't good. Casey has always been bad at adjustments and lineups and offensive sets but the ONE thing he did was get his guys to play hard every game. That is not happening anymore and it's worrisome.

Comment

• GLF wrote: View Post
                          Cause he literally just got here and hasn't had not even one day of practice time. It just doesn't make sense. Let both him and Pat come back after the All Star break where they both get some practice time under their belt and some rest. But if he does play I won't be mad that's for sure.
                          Practice? you talkin about practice?

He's a basketball player man. Raptors need him RIGHT NOW.
                          Mamba Mentality

Comment

Practice? you talkin about practice?

He's a basketball player man. Raptors need him RIGHT NOW.
                            Lol agreed. I just know Casey and I know that he likes guys to get at least a couple days of practice before he plays them. But these are desperate times so maybe he'll make an exception this time

Comment

• slaw wrote: View Post
                              The one thing this team has done almost without fail the last three years is play hard. They might have the odd stinker here or there but they were few and far between. This year, I've seen more lay-down games than I have in the last 2 years combined.
                              Their .407 win % since Christmas is actually almost right in line with the cumulative .443% for the franchise. We used to watch basketball like this all the time. I hate it.
                              "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• Raps gonna win this one.
                                twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Working...
                                X