Everything (2016-2017) Regular Season Game Threads

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rocwell wrote: View Post
    Today's day should be circled on lads' calendars.

Hornets gave us a shameful beating just few weeks ago
    If they would have responded it would have been in a win against the Bulls yesterday.

I'm not confident in this team anymore. We complain too much. We don't play defense. Our offense is sloppy.

Comment

• white men can't jump wrote: View Post
      How will he make us better? Im still not convinced he's better than JV. Bad defensively, limited offensively, a liability as a FT shooter...he's a better rebounder but JV is already elite there. We just have to play/utilize JV.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
      he's not better than JV.

Comment

• I agree with the last few posts. It seems like Casey has lost Lowry (and in term the team as it goes where Lowry goes). You honestly can't fault Lowry at this point. He bought into the system, but clearly the system is not very good.

Comment

Today's day should be circled on lads' calendars.

Hornets gave us a shameful beating just few weeks ago
          Like that detroit game where we choked against minny..or that chicago game after we choked against detroit, Lowry went rogue in the media and we acquired ibaka...oh...yeah
          9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• mjt20mik wrote: View Post
            If they would have responded it would have been in a win against the Bulls yesterday.

I'm not confident in this team anymore. We complain too much. We don't play defense. Our offense is sloppy.
            Yeah yeah, we looked like a flat pepsi but this won't happen again. I hope haha.

I'm feeling so good tonight. Let's go Raps and Arsenal!!

Comment

• white men can't jump wrote: View Post
              How will he make us better? Im still not convinced he's better than JV. Bad defensively, limited offensively, a liability as a FT shooter...he's a better rebounder but JV is already elite there. We just have to play/utilize JV.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
              This. I'm honestly just fed up of Casey right now.

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
                Like that detroit game where we choked against minny..or that chicago game after we choked against detroit, Lowry went rogue in the media and we acquired ibaka...oh...yeah
                Lowry went rogue for a good cause. Give him an assist for this trade

Comment

Lowry went rogue for a good cause. Give him an assist for this trade
                  So...would you bet Raptors MoneyLine tonight? Put ones money where ones mouth is?

Comment

• mjt20mik wrote: View Post
                    I agree with the last few posts. It seems like Casey has lost Lowry (and in term the team as it goes where Lowry goes). You honestly can't fault Lowry at this point. He bought into the system, but clearly the system is not very good.
                    Yeah doesn't help when the system is bad, the team has been playing terribly and your All-star 30 year old PG is averaging the most minutes in the NBA. Averaged 37 mins last season and a league-leading 37.7 mins this season.

Comment

• I think Sully should get most of Bebe's minutes from now on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

So...would you bet Raptors MoneyLine tonight? Put ones money where ones mouth is?
                        No question mate. Raps gonna win tonight. I never bet on struggling fav. team's spread when they play against the team with a losing SU record though.

If you took the Raps spread tonight and lose - most pro bettors would tell ya it was a great bet.
                        Last edited by rocwell; Wed Feb 15, 2017, 03:40 PM.

Comment

• For anybody as down on the team as me today, a little glass half full from theringer.com:

Are the Raptors Still Conference Contenders?
                          The Raptors badly needed Serge Ibaka. Consider this: When Kyle Lowry shares the floor with Patrick Patterson, Toronto outscores teams by an amazing 18.9 points per 100 possessions, per NBA.com. Take Patterson off and that number dips to a middling 0.9. Patterson isn’t a marquee name, but it’s only because the things that he does well — shoot and defend — don’t always manifest into counting stats.
                          Now they have a better version of Patterson in Ibaka, who can space the floor, play small-ball 5, and defend the perimeter. With Ibaka and Patterson, Dwane Casey won’t even have to think about turning to Jared Sullinger (who looks ready for a career in Europe) or any of his younger, less reliable bigs in lineups next to Jonas Valanciunas. Ibaka’s shooting ability (38.8 percent from 3) will open driving lanes for Lowry and DeMar DeRozan, two of the best half-court playmakers in the NBA this season.

That friendly duo is why the Raptors are still contenders. They might be just 10–16 since December 27, but over that time they have outscored teams by 15.1 points per 100 possessions with Lowry, DeRozan, and Patterson sharing the floor. The problem is availability. Since late December, that trio has played only four games together, with DeRozan missing contests due an ankle injury and Patterson out for the past three games with a knee injury.
                          Don’t let their lull fool you. If the Raptors are healthy, they’re still the second- or third-best team in the East and they have the weapons to go toe-to-toe with the Cavaliers.

Comment

For anybody as down on the team as me today, a little glass half full from theringer.com:
                            Man imagine if Patterson returning fixes all of this, he should win the MVP.

Comment

Yeah yeah, we looked like a flat pepsi but this won't happen again. I hope haha.

I'm feeling so good tonight. Let's go Raps and Arsenal!!
                              Ok scratch that Arsenal W. Raps will still win though

Comment

• A.I wrote: View Post
                                Man imagine if Patterson returning fixes all of this, he should win the MVP.
                                And we all elect DanH president of smart people

Comment

Working...
                                X