Everything (2016-2017) Regular Season Game Threads

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cody73 wrote: View Post
    I always check out the post-game interviews.... Casey didn't talk today. Odd for him, and I know the Raptors are done speaking to the media by now.
    You sure?

Anyway.. Let them enjoy some off time.

Comment

• Sooo...I just watched the highlights,didn't watch the game I was at work...and..wtf..first they won,second did raptors trade all their players..bc did I c 11-15th bench players playing most of the game..wtf..happy they won,I guess msg was sent,play f@#king D..
      Highlights didn't show that much Ibaka,how was he???
      Low scoring game..me like..
      "Never apologize for coming to me. Office hours are for patients.
      My kitchen is always open to friends"

Comment

• Dr Hannibal Lecter wrote: View Post
        Sooo...I just watched the highlights,didn't watch the game I was at work...and..wtf..first they won,second did raptors trade all their players..bc did I c 11-15th bench players playing most of the game..wtf..happy they won,I guess msg was sent,play f@#king D..
        Highlights didn't show that much Ibaka,how was he???
        Low scoring game..me like..
        He didn't play, he's only going play after the break which is the right decision instead of just throwing him on the court and he literally doesn't know a single play....although of course he does just need to know a single play....HIGH PnR....come hell or high water.

Comment

• JamesNaismith wrote: View Post
          He didn't play, he's only going play after the break which is the right decision instead of just throwing him on the court and he literally doesn't know a single play....although of course he does just need to know a single play....HIGH PnR....come hell or high water.

Lol..so true..but so sad.
          "Never apologize for coming to me. Office hours are for patients.
          My kitchen is always open to friends"

Comment

• Ebonhawke wrote: View Post
            There were a number of people upset at the time that Masai drafted Wright instead of Portis
            Yeah, I wanted Portis but not bc delon was a bad pick just position of need more. Easier to find a backup point. Wanted rondae more too.

Comment

• JamesNaismith wrote: View Post
              Delon single handedly created all the ball movement for our offence.

Now he's nowhere near the level BUT this is the kind of a player we've been missing. You see it in GSW it's Curry, in WAS it's Wall, HOU it's Harden and CLE of course LBJ....but every team needs a player that see's the court well, can create off the dribble and find the open man....that's what Delon does!

Again nowhere near his superstar counterparts but it's crazy that it took Ross getting traded for him to find minutes in the rotation when he is clearly better than Corey and VanFleek. I hope Ibaka coming doesn't effect his minutes and we see Corey's fade away or better yet traded for a different piece. Seeing Delon move the ball and the thought of Pat and Serge joining that gave me just the slightest glimmer of hope.
              Wright was good but, Raptors were getting good looks throughout the third but, couldn't make a shot. I think raps moved the ball well throughout the game. Just wasn't rewarded with the bucket. Shots started falling in the fourth.

Sent from my LG-H831 using Tapatalk
              @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
                Wright was good but, Raptors were getting good looks throughout the third but, couldn't make a shot. I think raps moved the ball well throughout the game. Just wasn't rewarded with the bucket. Shots started falling in the fourth.

What game were you watching? It was all about hard-nosed perimeter defense that won that game for the Raps. Hornets didn't score for at least 5 minutes at one stretch, stuck on 77 for what seemed like forever. Great defense also generated some easy buckets. Who knew?

I love DeMar, but that was a teachable moment for him. I hope he takes it to heart.

And props to Casey for rolling with that crazy lineup and resisting the urge to put DeMar back in to "close" out the game.
                Last edited by golden; Thu Feb 16, 2017, 09:51 AM.

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post

The crowd didn't boo just because the Raptors were missing "good shots" the whole quarter. C'mon now.

Comment

• dwane casey lucks out with one lineup and people want to give him credit now?

fuck that.

He was set to do the exact same thing he's done all year.

Fire this idiot.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post
                      I love DeMar, but that was a teachable moment for him. I hope he takes it to heart.
                      DeMar's had plenty of "empty the clip" games where he single handedly kills our entire offense. If there's a lesson to be learnt, he's learning it very slowly.

19 shots to score 10 points. -15 on the night. Just awful.

Comment

• rocwell wrote: View Post
                        Calm down guys.. Delon isn't on the scouting report just yet. Still long long way to go. He got physical "stats" to succeed tho. Next few years should be fun. Let's hope he can stay healthy.
                        Agreed. Once other teams pay attention it will be more difficult for Deleon. The key is the ability to adjust--something our coach has frequently failed to do during his tenure.

Comment

• tDotted wrote: View Post
                          Yes I realize that which is why I bolded "after"
                          Fwiw, it looks liked your bold "after" refers to drafting delon, not to how you felt when Corey was signed. I guess it could be read either way.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post
                            What game were you watching? It was all about hard-nosed perimeter defense that won that game for the Raps. Hornets didn't score for at least 5 minutes at one stretch, stuck on 77 for what seemed like forever. Great defense also generated some easy buckets. Who knew?

And props to Casey for rolling with that crazy lineup and resisting the urge to put DeMar back in to "close" out the game.
                            It was D but, raps missed a lot of open shots in the 3rd. I remember Powell missing 3 open looks. Which make sense raps only had like two legit shooters last night. Charlotte was packing the paint. Oddly enough Cory was the open who started making open looks in the 4rd. Made two big back to back 3s.

Last edited by Chr1s1anL; Thu Feb 16, 2017, 11:11 AM.
                            @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Nilanka wrote: View Post
                              DeMar's had plenty of "empty the clip" games where he single handedly kills our entire offense. If there's a lesson to be learnt, he's learning it very slowly.

19 shots to score 10 points. -15 on the night. Just awful.
                              Well, he carried the team through the first part of the season when Lowry was meh and other guys weren't going.

I think that we've seen both him and Lowry come unglued a little bit during this streak either trying to do too much or losing patience, etc. A few wins will hopefully restore balance to the force....

Comment

• Not worried about Deebo. He handles adversity the best way by going to the gym. He just going to be better cause of this. Really like the way he handled himself after in interviews. Class act, team player.

Great move by Casey. Going with the one lineup that would defend.

@Chr1st1anL

Comment

Working...
                                X