No announcement yet.

Everything (2016-2017) Regular Season Game Threads

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Our 2 all-stars should plead an injury and take the all-star game off....get some rest time and get rejuvenated. They have been there before. I am convinced that general fatigue is the cause of the general malaise.incl. mental. Which brings up the oddity of the AS game being held after 57 games of a 82 game season. What happened to halfway point? I can't remember it being so late.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post
      I love DeMar, but that was a teachable moment for him. I hope he takes it to heart.

And props to Casey for rolling with that crazy lineup and resisting the urge to put DeMar back in to "close" out the game.
      Props to Casey, credit where credit is due.

DeMar is funny though... He may be even more stubborn than Casey. In this way they may be the perfect match. DeMar believes he has to carry us, and when it's not working, he doesn't alter course, he doubles down. It seems less a fault of active selfishness than one of overconfident obliviousness.

Curious to see how the dynamic changes with Serge. I suspect it won't, but it will be interesting nonetheless.

Comment

• Scraptor wrote: View Post
        Props to Casey, credit where credit is due.

DeMar is funny though... He may be even more stubborn than Casey. In this way they may be the perfect match. DeMar believes he has to carry us, and when it's not working, he doesn't alter course, he doubles down. It seems less a fault of active selfishness than one of overconfident obliviousness.

Curious to see how the dynamic changes with Serge. I suspect it won't, but it will be interesting nonetheless.
        I can't think of a better descriptor.

DeRozan means well, but sometimes makes bad decisions. And those bad decisions come in excruciating rapid fire spurts.

He can look like the best player on the floor, or the worst player on the floor, on any given night. Can't have such large extremes going forward.

Comment

• In all the hype about Delon and Poeltl, which is deserved for that 4th quarter, there's almost no mention of Lowry. That guy was phenomenal in the 4th.
          "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• The issue is DeRozan wants to be a Alpha dog. He's a second fiddle.... & he hates that label. You can see it with him even though he won the starting gig for the ASG. He knows Lowry is the one that's more respected, and it frustrates him.
            Axel wrote:
            Now Cody can stop posting about this guy and we have a poster to blame if anything goes wrong!!
            KeonClark wrote:
            We won't hear back from him. He dissapears into thin air and reappears when you least expect it. Ten is an enigma. Ten is a legend. Ten for the motherfucking win.
            KeonClark wrote:
            I can't wait until the playoffs start.

Until then, opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one and they most often stink

Comment

• S.R. wrote: View Post
              In all the hype about Delon and Poeltl, which is deserved for that 4th quarter, there's almost no mention of Lowry. That guy was phenomenal in the 4th.
              It's almost expected of Lowry nowadays. Just Lowry being Lowry.

Cody73 wrote: View Post
              The issue is DeRozan wants to be a Alpha dog. He's a second fiddle.... & he hates that label. You can see it with him even though he won the starting gig for the ASG. He knows Lowry is the one that's more respected, and it frustrates him.
              I'm not sure I see what you're seeing off the court. On the court, I 100% agree. DeRozan looks to pass only if the defense beats him to his spot (in either the half court, or fast breaks). In DeRozan's head, he's the clear #1 option regardless of who's on the floor or who has the hot hand. But off the court, he seems genuinely happy for Lowry's success.
              Last edited by Nilanka; Thu Feb 16, 2017, 12:11 PM.

Comment

• Cody73 wrote: View Post
                The issue is DeRozan wants to be a Alpha dog. He's a second fiddle.... & he hates that label. You can see it with him even though he won the starting gig for the ASG. He knows Lowry is the one that's more respected, and it frustrates him.
                You must be a mind reader. Nothing at all indicates this.

Sent from my LG-H831 using Tapatalk
                @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Nilanka wrote: View Post
                  It's almost expected of Lowry nowadays. Just Lowry being Lowry.

I'm not sure I see what you're seeing off the court. On the court, I 100% agree. DeRozan looks to pass only if the defense beats him to his spot (in either the half court, or fast breaks). In DeRozan's head, he's the clear #1 option regardless of who's on the floor or who has the hot hand. But off the court, he seems genuinely happy for Lowry's success.
                  On the court is what matters. Basketball is a mental game as much as it is a physical one. It's why any team can lose to another at any time. DeRozan needs to stop being something he's not and focus on what he is good at on the court. We saw his true potential earlier in the season. He was playing like a 2nd-All Team NBA player. Right now? He's trying to get calls and shooting 3's of all things. He's not focused on his strengths. I'm hoping this break allows him to loosen up.

A guy can be completely different on & off the court. Think back to Larry Bird. The guy was a foulmouth trash talker who backed up his claims on the court. Off the court, he was the golden boy, the hero.
                  Axel wrote:
                  Now Cody can stop posting about this guy and we have a poster to blame if anything goes wrong!!
                  KeonClark wrote:
                  We won't hear back from him. He dissapears into thin air and reappears when you least expect it. Ten is an enigma. Ten is a legend. Ten for the motherfucking win.
                  KeonClark wrote:
                  I can't wait until the playoffs start.

Until then, opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one and they most often stink

Comment

• Re-watching the game the second quarter wasn't far off what Casey said in his presser.

We are missing clean looks. Norman missed JV on a deep post up that could have helped him shake off a couple defensive miscues and help Norm shake off his turnovers.

Kemba went from missing a layup and then throwing the ball out of bounds to drilling a lean in 3 right after Kyle missed a great open look. Carrying the lead for 75% of the second raps are cold. Then Kemba goes nova.

Comment

• I didn't get to watch the game but in the highlights three out of the four 3's that Kemba hit were damn tough.
                      Two beer away from being two beers away.

Comment

• Start of the third is horrible both teams turn it over and then Hornets snuff out our next 2 plays reading them immediately. JV and DD turn it over and then the Tank is just to quick for JV.

Missing wide open shots.

Comment

• Mess wrote: View Post
                          I didn't get to watch the game but in the highlights three out of the four 3's that Kemba hit were damn tough.
                          Yeah I still maintain the Hornets were ready to rollover and die in the first half. Then we went like 4 for 21 over the next 2 quarters.

Comment

• S.R. wrote: View Post
                            In all the hype about Delon and Poeltl, which is deserved for that 4th quarter, there's almost no mention of Lowry. That guy was phenomenal in the 4th.
                            It's typical of him

Comment

• Raptor Jesus wrote: View Post
                              Re-watching the game the second quarter wasn't far off what Casey said in his presser.

We are missing clean looks. Norman missed JV on a deep post up that could have helped him shake off a couple defensive miscues and help Norm shake off his turnovers.

Kemba went from missing a layup and then throwing the ball out of bounds to drilling a lean in 3 right after Kyle missed a great open look. Carrying the lead for 75% of the second raps are cold. Then Kemba goes nova.
                              Yeah I think we were like 1-8 on threes in that quarter, and at least 75% of them were open looks.

Comment

• Missing missing missing, Kaminsky beat JV and Lucas handedly. DD looks mainly frustrated with himself. The crowd booed between the third and fourth.

The fourth is a thing of beauty.

Comment

Working...
                                X