Everything (2016-2017) Regular Season Game Threads

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cody73 wrote: View Post
    On the court is what matters. Basketball is a mental game as much as it is a physical one. It's why any team can lose to another at any time. DeRozan needs to stop being something he's not and focus on what he is good at on the court. We saw his true potential earlier in the season. He was playing like a 2nd-All Team NBA player. Right now? He's trying to get calls and shooting 3's of all things. He's not focused on his strengths. I'm hoping this break allows him to loosen up.

A guy can be completely different on & off the court. Think back to Larry Bird. The guy was a foulmouth trash talker who backed up his claims on the court. Off the court, he was the golden boy, the hero.
    Your initial comment implied off court concerns. Like DeRozan was jealous, and had a vendetta against Lowry.

Comment

• Oh and Jakub was a stud.

Comment

• Nilanka wrote: View Post
        Your initial comment implied off court concerns. Like DeRozan was jealous, and had a vendetta against Lowry.
        I don't think derozan is jealous of lowry, but I do wonder if derozan had a choice to become a legitimate contender but sacrifice his numbers (and average 17 a game)la kevin love or miami bosh, ot lead the league in scoring on a crappy team, the choice may not be one we would like to hear
        9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• Delon and Yak kept trying not to smile during the comeback lol
          Sunny ways my friends, sunny ways
          Because its 2015

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
            I don't think derozan is jealous of lowry, but I do wonder if derozan had a choice to become a legitimate contender but sacrifice his numbers (and average 17 a game)la kevin love or miami bosh, ot lead the league in scoring on a crappy team, the choice may not be one we would like to hear
            One of the issues is he will never believe he has to make that choice. He always believes getting his shots is the right thing to do.

DanH was right on, earlier in the year DeMar looked much more intentional about taking "his" shots (i.e. shots that are actually good shots for him from spots on the floor that he likes) and it showed in his efficiency and general effectiveness. Lately he's just been getting up any shots, more along the lines of what he used to do. Hopefully he returns to this season's earlier form after the break.
            "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• Also, Matt ruins every 3 by said "bucket and book it".

I can't stand him.
              Sunny ways my friends, sunny ways
              Because its 2015

Comment

• Uncle_Si wrote: View Post
                Also, Matt ruins every 3 by said "bucket and book it".

I can't stand him.
                What a horrible human being
                9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• Raptor Jesus wrote: View Post
                  Missing missing missing, Kaminsky beat JV and Lucas handedly. DD looks mainly frustrated with himself. The crowd booed between the third and fourth.

The fourth is a thing of beauty.
                  JV did a decent job on Kaminsky. I recall a 3 over JV, a long 2 with a hand in his face and a shot in the paint where JV did what he could but Frank made a tough shot over JVs outstretched arm. If given the opportunity, JV would give us a lot more in this matchup than what he would give up.

Comment

• S.R. wrote: View Post
                    One of the issues is he will never believe he has to make that choice. He always believes getting his shots is the right thing to do.

DanH was right on, earlier in the year DeMar looked much more intentional about taking "his" shots (i.e. shots that are actually good shots for him from spots on the floor that he likes) and it showed in his efficiency and general effectiveness. Lately he's just been getting up any shots, more along the lines of what he used to do. Hopefully he returns to this season's earlier form after the break.
                    As someone pointed out basketball is mental and for some reason Demar has lost his positive decision making of early season. Early if his shot was not going he became a distributor then came back to his shot later when the opposing team had to adjust to his distributor mode. He seems to not to have that flexibility and mental strength now.

Comment

• Jangles wrote: View Post
                      JV did a decent job on Kaminsky. I recall a 3 over JV, a long 2 with a hand in his face and a shot in the paint where JV did what he could but Frank made a tough shot over JVs outstretched arm. If given the opportunity, JV would give us a lot more in this matchup than what he would give up.
                      The main difference in the 4th is that CHA went away from him. On the couple of plays they bothered to give him the ball he still got wide open jumpers - he made one three and bricked the other, both wide open, that I can recall. Nogueira did a terrible job on him (got blown by to give up layups and free throws), but the other two had pretty similar defensive performances in terms of coverage.
                      twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• Jangles wrote: View Post
                        Maybe but not on this occasion.

Frank went for a career high 27, 3 in the fourth.

Comment

• Both JV and Bebe were horrible against Frank. Luckily Yak had his number.

Sent from my LG-H831 using Tapatalk
                          @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
                            Both JV and Bebe were horrible against Frank. Luckily Yak had his number.

Sent from my LG-H831 using Tapatalk
                            Agreed. Bebe was maybe even worse.

Comment

• Lol Bebe got torched by Kaminsky in the 3rd last nght.
                              Mamba Mentality

Comment

• He was even worse in yaks interview

Comment

Working...
                                X