No announcement yet.

Everything (2016-2017) Regular Season Game Threads

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wow. Just wow. That was impressive. Masai tryin to be the first President to win the MVP.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post
      The perimeter D was tremendous. One game, but CoJo, Tucker and Serge had some nice chemistry on defense containing the ball at the point of attack - blowing up plays. We haven't seen that all year.

Not having Lowry really helped tonight. Can't believe I just typed that.
      K chill lol. You took it too far with the not having Lowry thing
      I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

Comment

• KHD wrote: View Post
        what you're calling "scramble" is actually just guys rotating properly and keeping their man in front of them. a rare sight in toronto.

the scramble is good for eggs, not defence.
        Like I said 2 guys who know how to play defense and are vocal on defense. Casey gets no credit, especially since the offense was still the same garbage for a lot of the game.

Comment

• KHD wrote: View Post
          what you're calling "scramble" is actually just guys rotating properly and keeping their man in front of them. a rare sight in toronto.

the scramble is good for eggs, not defence.
          Raptors were switching everything and scrambling out to shooter. Looks a lot better when you finally have the right players to execute it.

Sent from my LG-H831 using Tapatalk
          @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Also shutout to Joseph. He was really good defensively. And i probably would get a lot of flak for this but Joseph IMO is a better defender than Lowry.
            Mamba Mentality

Comment

• A.I wrote: View Post
              Less the coach, and more of 2 guys who know how to play defense and are vocal.
              Isn't that Casey's whole plan get players who make him look good? Lowry and Derozan make him look like an offensive whiz.
              -"You can’t run from me. I mean, my heart don’t bleed Kool-Aid."
              -"“I ain’t no diva! I don’t have no blond hair, red hair. I’m Reggie Evans.”

Comment

• TRex wrote: View Post
                Again, why did this guy play in the AS game again?

https://twitter.com/JLew1050/status/835336674255187969
                Im hoping the brace is just precaution to help the wrist heal faster. I'm assuming the brace is to prevent him from moving his wrist too much
                I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

Comment

Also shutout to Joseph. He was really good defensively. And i probably would get a lot of flak for this but Joseph IMO is a better defender than Lowry.
                  not consistantly tho

Comment

• Raptorsss wrote: View Post
                    Yeah, bebe is situational I think he's best pared with Jonas as they complement each other. He might be our best big at defending stretch fours like Channing Frye, but he's still a situational player at this point.
                    True. I can see some matchups where he's useful, and I still like him as a developing prospect, but I don't think he should be a regular rotation player now with a healthy roster.

Comment

• Chefff wrote: View Post
                      Did you not see the Charlotte game? I'm not worried about Delon one bit.
                      I did. he did great. tonight he look a bit scared and lost. He has tools. needs confidence. That's where coaching comes in. That's what I love about Powell and Fred VV. They play confident. game never looked big on them when on the court. they are hungry.

Comment

• Ebonhawke wrote: View Post
                        Horford was invisible tonight - 8 points and 5 boards in 30 minutes.
                        Remember when people said he was better than Deebo? Good old days.

@Chr1st1anL

Comment

Tucker AND Ibaka. Both guys were sensational defensively. Tucker has that swagger in him that i like.
                          Ibaka had two beauty blocks too that were called fouls unfortunately. But both of these guys are great positional and help defenders. Not even considering their own play, they are likely to teach everyone else alot hopefully, and help improve everyone's defence. I recall one play in the first half when PJ was chasing down a guy but couldn't catch him and was trying to tell Powell to cut him off on the way to the hoop and indicating he would rotate to Powells man. It didn't work but stuff like that will go a long way to improving everyones awareness. Ibaka too was directing traffic on D.

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
                            Raptors were switching everything and scrambling out to shooter. Looks a lot better when you finally have the right players to execute it.

So what do you do when Lowry gets back and you have 2 sieves guarding the point of attack?

Comment

Also shutout to Joseph. He was really good defensively. And i probably would get a lot of flak for this but Joseph IMO is a better defender than Lowry.
                              Oh for sure but that's mostly because Lowry isn't locked in nearly enough. When Lowry is locked in on that end he can be deadly.

Comment

• mjt20mik wrote: View Post
                                It was all Tucker man. His attitude carried on. It does help a lot having Ibaka and letting him switch on the guards.
                                No it was also ibaka, seems he's being overshadowed. He was amazing defensively and hit timely shots.

The two of them seem to habe woken up Cojo as well. I've come to accept that jv may not be a part of this run like he was last year. It may not matter. It seems our identity may haven taken a 180 pivot today
                                9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

Working...
                                X