Everything (2016-2017) Regular Season Game Threads

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Axel wrote: View Post
    Your dislike of Stevens is strangely strong.
    He is just so overated. Good coach but, not anything more than that.

Sent from my LG-H831 using Tapatalk
    @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
      He is just so overated.
      You'll be hard pressed to find anyone with any real criticism of Stevens for a reason. It's not like he's a Mike Brown; racking up a great record thanks to a superior player. He's been getting more out of less for a few years now.

He might be overrated only because of how well regarded he is, perhaps he's in the very good category rather than the great category at this point in his career but he's clearly a young bright coach with a strong future.
      Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

You'll be hard pressed to find anyone with any real criticism of Stevens for a reason. It's not like he's a Mike Brown; racking up a great record thanks to a superior player. He's been getting more out of less for a few years now.

He might be overrated only because of how well regarded he is, perhaps he's in the very good category rather than the great category at this point in his career but he's clearly a young bright coach with a strong future.
        He is good but, needs to win at least one playoff series before I can say he is very good coach.

@Chr1st1anL

Comment

Your dislike of Stevens is strangely strong.
          its because people rate him higher than Casey.

Comment

• Cody73 wrote: View Post

I was called Cory as a kid by one of my friends Mom's.... every time she saw me for years. I know you were joking, but seriously.

Comment

• Stevens is great. They have IT + the most redundant guard/wing lineup in the L + a mediocre/washed up front court. Danny's the one letting them down. He keeps hoarding picks and not using them well.
              Stevens gets the most out of that lineup with adjustments. Opposite of pound the rock.

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
                What a fantastic game. DeMar was great, even early in with his misses he was aggressive and really driving the offence. Great game from him. Joseph was very good too, nice to see, and Wright I thought did pretty well in spite of the team struggling with him out there. Ibaka and Tucker were a joy to watch, and it was sure nice to have Pat back. Carroll looks rejuvenated next to a real PF too, as expected. Really good defence in this one.

The small ball looks were good, and heavy in this one, but BOS is a small ball team, so don't project this out to a regular rotation. That said, I do like closing the game out with a quick defensive lineup when the C (in this case Ibaka) is an offensive threat, and the lineup can rebound (Tucker really helps with that). When JV did play, I thought he did a pretty good job defending in space on PnR's with Thomas, only getting beat twice (once for an open three when he sagged, once on the hesitation move for the and one layup) - otherwise, he did a solid job contesting, rotating and recovering. Real PF's next to him help. Broadcast was mentioning suppressed numbers with little early involvement, but his game was still projected to 14 and 12 (on 8 shots) and +8 per 36 even with him missing FT's.

The guy who really looked out of place in this one was BeBe. If Ibaka is going to keep playing this well, and Tucker is going to take so many PF minutes, I'd be looking to give JV all of BeBe's minutes. Just isn't really bringing anything to those lineups that we don't have a better version of elsewhere. So let JV run out 8 minutes in the 1st, 6 to start the 2nd, 8 in the 3rd and 4 to start the 4th. Close both halves with Ibaka/PP or Ibaka/Tucker. Just give JV BeBe's 11 minutes in this one and he ends up with 29.

Also, I find it hilarious and awesome that Boston got to go into this crucial game with the Raptors integrating two new guys (one who hasn't slept in like, two days) AND missing Kyle Lowry and still found a way to lose to what is clearly a superior team. I'm officially not worried at all about seeing these guys in the playoffs. Said that after the last game and this one really reinforced that.
                Yeah, i definitely feel the same about Bebe's minutes. The units with him on the court were the only ones that looked bad. I feel like a 3 big rotation with JV, Ibaka and Pat (with Ibaka leading in minutes) makes too much sense, and at times they can go 4-out with Ibaka or even JV.

As for Boston, they shouldn't be frightening. Their best players are a 5'10" Jamal Crawford type player and a do-it-all but not elite at anything PF that they play at C. Crowder is arguably the only starting caliber talent after those 2 and then it's a roster full of flawed role players. They have no business winning as much as they do.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Comment

• white men can't jump wrote: View Post
                  Yeah, i definitely feel the same about Bebe's minutes. The units with him on the court were the only ones that looked bad. I feel like a 3 big rotation with JV, Ibaka and Pat (with Ibaka leading in minutes) makes too much sense, and at times they can go 4-out with Ibaka or even JV.

As for Boston, they shouldn't be frightening. Their best players are a 5'10" Jamal Crawford type player and a do-it-all but not elite at anything PF that they play at C. Crowder is arguably the only starting caliber talent after those 2 and then it's a roster full of flawed role players. They have no business winning as much as they do.

stevens is a resourceful coach.

Comment

• lewro wrote: View Post
                    Stevens is great. They have IT + the most redundant guard/wing lineup in the L + a mediocre/washed up front court. Danny's the one letting them down. He keeps hoarding picks and not using them well.
                    Stevens gets the most out of that lineup with adjustments. Opposite of pound the rock.
                    We say that about Ainge now but keeping the Brooklyn picks is still the potential to be huge for them. Adding top 3 talent to this team will make them dangerous for a long time.
                    Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• What happen to Horford? He has gone from all-star to do it all PF.

@Chr1st1anL

Comment

What happen to Horford? He has gone from all-star to do it all PF.

That's what he's always been. He's an all-star because he can do it all. But he's not really elite at any one thing or physically to just dominate a game. Not every all-star is a chucker.

Comment

• Wonder how bad we would have beat them if Lowry played?

Comment

He is just so overated. Good coach but, not anything more than that.

Based on SRS: expected wins vs. point differential. Shows ability to win close games.

Stevens: expected wins = 34. Actual = 37. +3
                            Casey: expected wins = 37. Actual = 34. -3

So Stevens is worth 6 games better than Casey, not even taking into account the talent differential.

Comment

• LJ2 wrote: View Post
                              Wonder how bad we would have beat them if Lowry played?
                              Or honestly if we didn't play Bebe? Not sure if he should get all the blame but the units with him were complete garbage. Lost ground every minute he was out there.

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
                                What a fantastic game. DeMar was great, even early in with his misses he was aggressive and really driving the offence. Great game from him. Joseph was very good too, nice to see, and Wright I thought did pretty well in spite of the team struggling with him out there. Ibaka and Tucker were a joy to watch, and it was sure nice to have Pat back. Carroll looks rejuvenated next to a real PF too, as expected. Really good defence in this one.

The small ball looks were good, and heavy in this one, but BOS is a small ball team, so don't project this out to a regular rotation. That said, I do like closing the game out with a quick defensive lineup when the C (in this case Ibaka) is an offensive threat, and the lineup can rebound (Tucker really helps with that). When JV did play, I thought he did a pretty good job defending in space on PnR's with Thomas, only getting beat twice (once for an open three when he sagged, once on the hesitation move for the and one layup) - otherwise, he did a solid job contesting, rotating and recovering. Real PF's next to him help. Broadcast was mentioning suppressed numbers with little early involvement, but his game was still projected to 14 and 12 (on 8 shots) and +8 per 36 even with him missing FT's.

The guy who really looked out of place in this one was BeBe. If Ibaka is going to keep playing this well, and Tucker is going to take so many PF minutes, I'd be looking to give JV all of BeBe's minutes. Just isn't really bringing anything to those lineups that we don't have a better version of elsewhere. So let JV run out 8 minutes in the 1st, 6 to start the 2nd, 8 in the 3rd and 4 to start the 4th. Close both halves with Ibaka/PP or Ibaka/Tucker. Just give JV BeBe's 11 minutes in this one and he ends up with 29.

Also, I find it hilarious and awesome that Boston got to go into this crucial game with the Raptors integrating two new guys (one who hasn't slept in like, two days) AND missing Kyle Lowry and still found a way to lose to what is clearly a superior team. I'm officially not worried at all about seeing these guys in the playoffs. Said that after the last game and this one really reinforced that.
                                Come on Dan, we both know he's not playing more than 20 mind/game and closer to 15 than 25.

It'll be 6 mins/quarter for him and then none in the 4th. We both know that's what Casey is going to do.
                                "Stay steamy"

- Kobe

Comment

Working...
                                X