No announcement yet.

Everything (2016-2017) Regular Season Game Threads

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Celtics are full of floppers. Brad Stevens is their coach so I cant respect him that much
    Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• A.I wrote: View Post
      Funny how you love Casey and think Stevens is overrated. Other way around actually. Casey is a mediocre coach coaching a good roster, and Stevens is a good coach coaching a mediocre roster. I mean they only have one star player and are the 2nd seed. Plus this is only his 4th season coaching.
      not that I disagree, but it wasn't so long ago when most around here thought our roster was rather mediocre, to the point where the prevailing wisdom was to rebuild. Casey has done well with what he's had, not that I don't think he could be better, or that there are better options out there.

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
        Raps have two all-star and Boston has two allstars. Well Al Horford was an All-star before he got to Boston.

The two all-stars that raptors have only become all-stars under Casey's watch. They have gotten better every year under Casey.

The only reason Boston is even a head of the raps is because Raptors haven't been healthy in 2017.

Sent from my LG-H831 using Tapatalk
        Doesn't really mean much. Horford is basically averaging similar numbers.

Isaiah went from averaging 22 points in his first full season last season with the Celtics to 30 points this season.

Even besides players, I've seen enough games to know Casey isn't a good coach, and some of Brad Stevens to know he is a solid coach.

Comment

• JawsGT wrote: View Post
          not that I disagree, but it wasn't so long ago when most around here thought our roster was rather mediocre, to the point where the prevailing wisdom was to rebuild. Casey has done well with what he's had, not that I don't think he could be better, or that there are better options out there.
          I am mainly talking about this season and last season. Although I wouldn't say the Raptors were much better than the Wizards in 2014-2015, Casey got significantly outcoached by Randy Wittman. Seasons before that, the Raptors didn't have a great roster, and Lowry and Demar were still improving, so I don't give Casey any faults for that.

Also you can't be a good coach and have the team defense collapse after loss of 3 role players and an assistant coach.

Comment

Isaiah went from averaging 22 points in his first full season last season with the Celtics to 30 points this season.

Even besides players, I've seen enough games to know Casey isn't a good coach, and some of Brad Stevens to know he is a solid coach.
            All hail coach Stevens??.....Give me a break!! Stevens is overrated in my opinion.....But guess what? This is the Raptors' fan forum......

Who cares about the Celtics!?.....I hope we destroy them in the playoffs and I hope Casey outcoaches Stevens!

Cut and paste material for a Celtics fan board.....Yup, thats all i'm seeing here.

Comment

• JawsGT wrote: View Post
              To be fair, the prevailing wisdom was that we'd lose Lowry in 2014 free agency, and as such he should be dealt and a rebuild started.
              twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

I am mainly talking about this season and last season. Although I wouldn't say the Raptors were much better than the Wizards in 2014-2015, Casey got significantly outcoached by Randy Wittman. Seasons before that, the Raptors didn't have a great roster, and Lowry and Demar were still improving, so I don't give Casey any faults for that.

Also you can't be a good coach and have the team defense collapse after loss of 3 role players and an assistant coach.
                LOL this post made me chuckle.....

What are you even talking about? 2014-15.....Remember Lowry broke down, Demar coming back from a major injury, Lou Will's shot falling off a cliff in the playoffs, Vasquez's defense, JV's foul trouble, etc, etc.....Masai said he deserved the blame for it and finally gave Casey defensive players that better fit his system and we made it to the East Finals the very next year!

Every coach deserves players that fit their system. The Casey haters always end up looking silly because when he gets players that fit his system, the team excels. Deja Vu?

Comment

I've seen a lot of games too. Especially all the ones Casey has won. This year will make it what? 3 straight season with 50+ wins.

@Chr1st1anL

Comment

• special1 wrote: View Post

What are you even talking about? 2014-15.....Remember Lowry broke down, Demar coming back from a major injury, Lou Will's shot falling off a cliff in the playoffs, Vasquez's defense, JV's foul trouble, etc, etc.....Masai said he deserved the blame for it and finally gave Casey defensive players that better fit his system and we made it to the East Finals the very next year!

Every coach deserves players that fit their system. The Casey haters always end up looking silly because when he gets players that fit his system, the team excels. Deja Vu?
                    Dap

We not lookin' at these (celtics) dudes, we lookin' past you

Comment

• Raptor Jesus wrote: View Post
                      Dap

We not lookin' at these (celtics) dudes, we lookin' past you
                      Celtics are a mirage being coached way up by Stevens. Nothing to worry about come playoff time.

Comment

• Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
                          I've seen a lot of games too. Especially all the ones Casey has won. This year will make it what? 3 straight season with 50+ wins.

Like I said, mediocre coach coaching a good roster.

Comment

That all fine, except the defense went from being top 10 to bottom 10, just because Scola (who was terrible defensively), JJ (Who barely played) and Biyombo (Only key player, but came off the bench) was gone.

Comment

• THIS season, swap Casey and Stevens -
                              Where are the raps at and vice versa?

Comment

PJ said in the post-game that he and Serge didn't know any of the plays last night.... they were just playing off instinct. Maybe the problems start when they actually learn the "the system". lol.

Comment

Working...
                                X