X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KHD wrote: View Post
    "me me me".

pretty disappointing.
    Yeah. Think a bit of an over reaction by some. He could use a bit of a rest anyway. Probably didn't need to be in the 3 point contest as well, but obviously The novelty of all star weekend hasn't worn off for kyle. Let's hope he'll be okay soon. Kyle will come back, he'll play hard and play heavy minutes. Let's cut him some slack.

Comment

• yabadabayolo wrote: View Post
      Jv only played 17 minutes tonight. I think from here on out, he's going to average maybe 20-22 minutes per game. Since Casey loves going small, and we actually have the personnel to go small

Which is very sad, since jv deserves more than 20 mins a game

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      Okay, but why Bebe?

Comment

• big boi wrote: View Post
        Okay, but why Bebe?
        This is where I stand - Ibaka at C and Patterson at 4 is clearly stylistically Casey's favourite option, and should be effective (not unlike the Patterson/Johnson combination of a few years ago). And that's fine. Now, just like that other lineup, you don't want Ibaka (or Johnson) going up against C's full time, or even for the majority of the game, so this lineup would be used as a transitional and closing lineup. So if you want Ibaka at C for, say half his court time at most (between 15-18 minutes), that means you need another C to play for about 30 minutes. So there are plenty of minutes for JV to still contribute a lot - just as much as he has done over the past few seasons. And playing any other C on the roster over JV in those minutes is a significant talent downgrade, so BeBe and Poeltl should only be getting a shot at those minutes if there is an injury, or foul trouble, or you need two or three minutes to give both Ibaka and JV a breather at the same time (which would mean the rotation was mismanaged, but that NEVER happens hereabouts).
        twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post
          Let's stop revising history here. This incarnation of the Raps got better when Lowry grew up and stopped fighting Casey. And that was due to Masai and Chauncey Billups, and in spite of Casey. . That's all documented and part of Raptor folklore now. In fact, we traded what was thought at the time to be our most talented player (Rudy Gay), who looked worse on the Raps than at any time in his career. Saying that "Casey got them playing well..." is a huge disservice to Masai and Lowry.

And more importantly, Lowry still doesn't respect Casey (according to Tom Sterner). He likes him, but clearly doesn't respect him as a coach. That's not some RR poster questioning Casey, it's the best player on the team, which speaks volumes.
          We also don't know Sterners motivation with his comments. So keep that in mind
          Sunny ways my friends, sunny ways
          Because its 2015

Comment

• special1 wrote: View Post
            All hail coach Stevens??.....Give me a break!! Stevens is overrated in my opinion.....But guess what? This is the Raptors' fan forum......

Who cares about the Celtics!?.....I hope we destroy them in the playoffs and I hope Casey outcoaches Stevens!

Cut and paste material for a Celtics fan board.....Yup, thats all i'm seeing here.
            So applying this logic then JV is the best C in the NBA because he plays for the Raptors and this is a Raptor forum.

Lowry is the MVP of MVP regardless of how many trophies Curry or LeBron have.

Demar is the greatest scorer in the NBA. Durant who?
            Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• 007 wrote: View Post
              I really hope last game was the turning point for Cory's defense

Comment

• Uncle_Si wrote: View Post
                We also don't know Sterners motivation with his comments. So keep that in mind
                Well, if Sterner's motivation was to never get another NBA job, then he accomplished that. Otherwise, you have to believe he was just being honest to a fault about what is really going on between those two, despite all the recent success.

Comment

• "you don't want Ibaka (or Johnson) going up against C's full time" - DanH

You know that bc Johnson's seasons have passed; Ibaka has played 1 gm. He might be best full time at the 5? We don't know yet.

And it's yak before bebe 😋

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post
                    Well, if Sterner's motivation was to never get another NBA job, then he accomplished that. Otherwise, you have to believe he was just being honest to a fault about what is really going on between those two, despite all the recent success.
                    He's an athletic director but maybe he wants to get into media? I want to see him.

Comment

• Watched the game again - Joseph's defence on Isaiah was SUPERB specially in the 4th. Really impressive. Joseph was also the one that was tasked to guard Kemba last week. And I thought he did a great job as well.
                      Mamba Mentality

Comment

• Watched the game finally.. that was fun defensively.. but if DD didn't go insane it wouldn't have mattered. CoJo was remarkably good.. signs of life.. maybe it was the AS break? Maybe it was Ibaka and Tucker in his ear? Not sure what it was, but he was good. Let's pray he keeps that up. Doesn't sound like Lowry is coming back anytime soon.

Really liked seeing Serge and 2Pat together. JV was also really good though.. not sure why he didn't get the last 3 mins in the 3rd and first 3 in the fourth? It's not like his defense was trash. Bebe however continues to avoid rebounding the ball. In the playoffs I don't want to see Bebe at all unless JV is hurt.

And I think the Raptors without Ross are going to struggle with bench shooting. Tucker is not really good at all offensively. Hopefully 2Pat doesn't have a relapse.. we need him down the stretch. If he's out then our only shooters become Kyle, Serge and Carroll.. and Carroll is still pretty inconsistent.

Masai and Weltman are going to have a hell of a time trying to figure out the cap situation in the summer. Tucker to me feels like a keeper. Hopefully he's not just a rental.

Comment

• TRex wrote: View Post
                          Watched the game again - Joseph's defence on Isaiah was SUPERB specially in the 4th. Really impressive. Joseph was also the one that was tasked to guard Kemba last week. And I thought he did a great job as well.
                          Also noticed that Michelle Carter was sitting where DeMar's fiancée usually sits. Does she still have her own parking space at the ACC?
                          Mamba Mentality

Comment

• Did anyone see Isiah whinning like a little girl after the game? Sounds like he can't stand physicality of the game. He wants to play no-touch basketball... he whines like this he's gonna get beat up like Steve Nash did in playoffs.

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/1...-flagrant-foul

Comment

• rocwell wrote: View Post

Welp doubtful is better than "out indefinitely". And for god sakes, LET IT HEAL AND DON'T PLAY if it's not fully healed! We don't need a repeat of last year where Lowry's shot was broken for like 2 months.

Comment

• We can win these next 2 without lowry...we NEED lowry back for washington
                                9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

Working...
                                X