Everything (2016-2017) Regular Season Game Threads

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rand wrote: View Post
    Did anyone see Isiah whinning like a little girl after the game? Sounds like he can't stand physicality of the game. He wants to play no-touch basketball... he whines like this he's gonna get beat up like Steve Nash did in playoffs.

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/1...-flagrant-foul

Steve Nash was a warrior though. Most of the current players are babies compared to him.

Comment

• Here's the video of IT on the flagrant by DC

https://youtu.be/NXaG8t88h88

Comment

• Btw next 2 games for wizards: @jazz, @warriors
        9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• https://mobile.twitter.com/Sportsnet...62350204141568

So, apparently the NBA is cool with gun gestures. Maybe just as long as they're in anger. Or from a shorter guy. Bring on the throat slashes.

Comment

• TRoss with 16 pts through three on 4/7 from three to keep the Hawks down for us. Magic up 15 with 1q to go.

Comment

• TRoss finally doing something useful for the Raptors.
              Mamba Mentality

Comment

• Jclaw wrote: View Post
                https://mobile.twitter.com/Sportsnet...62350204141568

So, apparently the NBA is cool with gun gestures. Maybe just as long as they're in anger. Or from a shorter guy. Bring on the throat slashes.
                that's ridiculous. Boston getting freakin preferential treatment in all leagues.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post
                  Let's stop revising history here. This incarnation of the Raps got better when Lowry grew up and stopped fighting Casey. And that was due to Masai and Chauncey Billups, and in spite of Casey. . That's all documented and part of Raptor folklore now. In fact, we traded what was thought at the time to be our most talented player (Rudy Gay), who looked worse on the Raps than at any time in his career. Saying that "Casey got them playing well..." is a huge disservice to Masai and Lowry.

And more importantly, Lowry still doesn't respect Casey (according to Tom Sterner). He likes him, but clearly doesn't respect him as a coach. That's not some RR poster questioning Casey, it's the best player on the team, which speaks volumes.
                  golden wrote: View Post
                  Well, if Sterner's motivation was to never get another NBA job, then he accomplished that. Otherwise, you have to believe he was just being honest to a fault about what is really going on between those two, despite all the recent success.
                  I'm certainly not revising history...lol. But if you want to base your opinion solely on folklore and beliefs of former coaches honesty than so be it. After the Rudy Gay trade and even through the following season few posters here thought the raps had the foundation necessary to get where they are today. I don't doubt at all that Billups or Masai helped motivate Lowry to become the player he is today, or that any number of other people may have helped him "grow up". Lowry certainly deserves alot of credit, and I'm not doing him a disservice. I'm not stupid, Casey can't make Lowry hit 3's lol. He has to do that himself. Players have to perform, and much of their performance is on them as far as I'm concerned.

But what I do know is, and this is fact, not folklore or opinion, that Casey was the head coach through all of this improvement that the team has shown. That must account for something. Does he deserve all the credit? Of course not. But you're the one doing the disservice here, to Casey, by completely ignoring the contributions he has made to help get this team to where it is.

And I stress again, I don't think Casey is some amazing coach. He has his limitations for sure. And if Brad Stevens is getting a mediocre roster to overachieve, I was originally pointing out that it wasn't so long ago that our roster was considered to be of a very similar caliber to Boston's (or worse), and yet those teams enjoyed a similar level of success that Boston has achieved the recently.

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
                    Btw next 2 games for wizards: @jazz, @warriors
                    And we get the Wiz on the SEGABABA after they play the Warriors.

Gotta capitalize.
                    Sunny ways my friends, sunny ways
                    Because its 2015

Comment

• Hawks lost to the Magic by 20, 2 games ahead of them, 1 back of Washington
                      The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

• Cleveland trailing the Bulls as well.

Comment

• Bulls about to be 3-0 against the Cavs this season.
                          Mamba Mentality

Comment

• TRex wrote: View Post
                            Bulls about to be 3-0 against the Cavs this season.
                            If only they played everyone as well as us and Cleveland, lol
                            The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

• And Korver's just got banged up

Comment

• Anyone know where I could watch SN game in 30 or Raptors game in an hour online? I am a subscriber of all the channels as well (if there are online portals on SN that I could watch it as well).

Comment

Working...
                                X