No announcement yet.

Everything (2016-2017) Regular Season Game Threads

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• James Johnson last night: 15 points, 7 boards, 8 assists, 2 blocks, 2 steals (of course, he stunk up Friday's game, but Raptors' fans are used to game to game inconsistency from JJ)

Comment

• Ross 24pts on 10/15fgs, 4/7 3pt

Comment

• lewro wrote: View Post
        I like that Casey benched DeMar in the Indy series and the odd time this yr. That was the first time I saw him as a coach. His job was on the line. Typically DeMar does what he wants and isn't accountable on D or for chucking.
        Also the Charlotte game before the break. The wheels had fallen off the team and Casey made a desperate adjustment that paid off. We have a variety of talent and depth that doesn't get used bc Casey is rigid and old school.
        We see him out coached in the playoffs too. We barely scrapped by mediocre teams, in part, bc Casey can't make in game adjustments a lot of the time. Typically, the adjustment is made the following game and the opposing coach has already devised a counter move.
        JJ got fat on our bench last yr, now he's playing well. Plenty of times that the ball doesn't move that we should sub fvv for Cory or can't rebound so sub JV for bebe. But Casey always runs the engine the same way til it ceases up. You gotta keep it fluid imo.
        All valid points and criticism.

The truth is every coach has their flaws and no one is perfect. People forget that coaches, like players, can make mistakes and improve as well.

Also, I doubt you see Demar getting benched by ANY coach (save for Pop) often. I guess people get all giddy for the 2 times it's ever happened.... and that makes them happy, but if you're looking for it to happen often, you will be disappointed for sure.

Coaches typically ride or die with their star players. This isn't something out of the ordinary. We've all seen Demar turn around bad shooting nights instantly.... Can't blame Casey for sticking with Demar. Many times Demar starts out cold and gets ridiculously hot and ends up with an efficient 28-30 points or more.

Let's see what happens the remainder of the seasons and the playoffs.

It's become the norm for people to call for his head, only to see the team respond and Casey stay on. This has been going on for so many years I can't even remember how long. All this while the team just keeps getting better and better. Pound the rock.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• Well no point in debating about it with some people. If after the last month or so, someone still sees Casey as a good coach, than their mind is made up and that's that.

Me, personally, I wanted Casey fired years ago, since then he has had good stretches which has made me reconsider that. More recently than that, he is back to idiotic rotations, poor adjustments and I'm on him again.

A few guys here will defend him to no end while deflecting the majority of the criticism.

Comment

• Obviously I'm looking for DeMar to kill it at all times and not need to be benched and obviously that hasn't happened and will not be the case so adjustments can and will be necessary. The point is, it took a desperate situation, facing elimination and Caseys contract up for renewal, before he made that adjustment, which is an act of desperation and not good coaching imo.
            That's just a prime, spotlight example, of a pattern that is consistent down the lineup, for a number of yrs.
            No one can deny that the raps have won and improved. How much of that is attributable to Casey and demonstrate how and why?That question has been posted here but not answered imo.
            All I can say in his defense is that he's a nice guy and the players like him, and mostly for the better, he lets them do what they want and their talent usually prevails. That's not much of a coach. I think you want someone to maximize that talent and use the WHOLE lineup in a timely and strategic manner. Imo Stevens gets the most out of his lineup and is a noticeably better coach, in part for these reasons.

Comment

• I'll add STOP running Lowry into the ground! Casey keeps his starters on the court long after the opposition waves the white flag. Casey is so insecure. Delon Wright can close the last 4+ mins vs the Knicks in a 15 pt lead. C'mon.
              Casey reminds me of Ross. He often shrinks in big moments. That's not a leader.

Comment

• Blazers are a lot like the TWolves. Mediocre team but has a couple of players that can explode at any time. Dangerous team.
                Mamba Mentality

Comment

• special1 wrote: View Post
                  So you bring up the warriors like we had similar rosters the last 4 seasons.... lol

Wins and losses are all that matter!

You make it seems so easy.....You think you know it all don't you?

Masai chose to keep Casey and even Extended him. I think I'm gonna side with Masai on this one and I think Masai's thinking lines up closer to mine and Christian's than yours and many of the others.

Remember Demar and how we handled his free agency? Is that how you would've done it? Remember Casey's new contract and getting his type of players? You'll see once again.

If you have a definite upgrade then by all means, you let go of Casey..... But you don't change a coach for the sake (which is what most of you are suggesting). You claim anyone is better and that's rubbish.

Here's a question for you..... Who do bring in?? Who's available and a clear upgrade?

Regardless, you're wasting your time because I don't see Casey going anywhere anytime soon.

I'm very skeptical of your suggestions because I remember you wanted us to trade Demar for scraps or just let him walk for nothing. That wasn't a very smart thing to do then and in retrospect it would've been a really dumb thing to do.

Why won't / can't you answer the question? I didn't ask you about Demar. I'm happy to answer other specific questions about Demar. Why are you deflecting / evading?

Comment

• Jangles wrote: View Post
                    Well no point in debating about it with some people. If after the last month or so, someone still sees Casey as a good coach, than their mind is made up and that's that.

Me, personally, I wanted Casey fired years ago, since then he has had good stretches which has made me reconsider that. More recently than that, he is back to idiotic rotations, poor adjustments and I'm on him again.

A few guys here will defend him to no end while deflecting the majority of the criticism.
                    The only reason I step in and defend Casey is because the hate gets out of hand sometimes. He gets blamed for everything while getting credit for very little if nothing.

The same goes for Demar....So much hate that I had to defend the guy and look what's happened since....3 time all-star, etc.

I know the guys with the pitch forks want everyone to agree with them, but last time I checked Masai sees things a little closer to our viewpoint than the Anti-Casey, Anti-Demar viewpoint.

Be honest. Doesn't he?

So why should we apologize for thinking that he's an above average coach? Why should I apologize for thinking that if he had players better suited to his style, that he would be more successful? Fill the holes and the roles/rotations suddenly don't look so discombobulated.

Comment

• big boi wrote: View Post
                      Why won't / can't you answer the question? I didn't ask you about Demar. I'm happy to answer other specific questions about Demar. Why are you deflecting / evading?
                      Why don't you ask Masai these questions?

I mean, he's the one who kept Casey and extended him.

I agree with Masai and I'm not about to spend time answering any of your questions. If you can't see for yourself then your probably a lost cause and blinded by hate.

And I think you missed the part where I said

WINS DO MATTER

This isn't high school basketball Big Boi. Coaches get fired mainly due to wins and losses, it's actually really simple. The Raptors have exceeded projected win totals EVERY season under coach Casey. Does that not matter to you?

Last edited by special1; Sun Feb 26, 2017, 03:38 PM.

Comment

• I can't believe Matty D held himself back. After Serge makes a three, what's the over/under before we hear "I-Baka and book it!"

Comment

• Why has there been zero talk on twitter all day about the game today?? I need my fix!

Comment

• Assuming Lowry isn't playing.

Comment

• mjt20mik wrote: View Post
                              Assuming Lowry isn't playing.
                              He's out.

Comment

• https://twitter.com/JLew1050/status/835905412062920704

Sent from my LG-H831 using Tapatalk
                                @Chr1st1anL

Comment

Working...
                                X