Everything (2016-2017) Regular Season Game Threads

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• special1 wrote: View Post
    Couldn't find anything where anyone said he wasn't a good coach huh?.......

Do you understand that we are Raptor Fans?

Who gives a shit about Stevens and the Celtics?? The fact that a bunch of posters are praising them is your answer....Obviously.

Especially since there's no accolades to support their clear overrating while at the same time trashing our coach.

God forbid we say anything good about Casey while saying Stevens is being overrated. lol. I'm not going to apologize, regardless of said consensus! I'm not going to apologize for defending our coach, who's actually a good coach as well.

Yes, I said it. Casey's a good coach too. Now what?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I'd recommend either yoga or carrying a brown paper bag in your pocket. The rest of us could all caps TRIGGER WARNING before typing the name "Brad Stevens" in future discussions, that's probably not sustainable. I'd guess this is just a condition you'll have to live with.
    "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• S.R. wrote: View Post
      I'd recommend either yoga or carrying a brown paper bag in your pocket. The rest of us could all caps TRIGGER WARNING before typing the name "Brad Stevens" in future discussions, that's probably not sustainable. I'd guess this is just a condition you'll have to live with.
      LOL - Wait....so i'm a Raptor fan defending my coach on a Raptors Fan Forum and you are?

Comment

• Ebonhawke wrote: View Post
        Or, since the capital 'I' in Ibaka is pronounced as an 'E'... Big I and 2-Pat
        2pac is alive

Comment

You're making shit up. We never said Stevens wasn't a good coach. I stated the FACT that he hasn't done anything of significance YET. AND I posted their head to head win totals over the past 4 years.

The last paragraph.....consensus virtually unanimous lol. What are you even talking about? Is that supposed to prove something? That's a weird argument.

We said Stevens is being overrated.... that's not the same as not being a good coach. So you basically created an argument, to make a point that it's a weird thing to argue against.... lol. I'm laughing so hard.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
          Casey barely made it out of the 1st Rd once in three yrs. That's why benching DeMar was a watershed breakthrough for him in terms of in-game adjustments.
          He was 43-69 with Minny. Not a great team but he was not good enough to keep his job either.
          He was right man at the right time with Dallas to get another shot with us. Not sure that he's still the right man to go next level with us right now?
          It's his job, he's got a shot, so let's see.

Comment

• rocwell wrote: View Post
            2pac is alive
            His movie is in theatres June 17th!
            9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

LOL - Wait....so i'm a Raptor fan defending my coach on a Raptors Fan Forum and you are?
              Yeah, I'm just going to refer back to post #980.

I know this is pointless...
              "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
                His movie is in theatres June 17th!
                Ahh missed his bday (June 16, 1971) by a day...

Comment

• lewro wrote: View Post
                  Casey barely made it out of the 1st Rd once in three yrs. That's why benching DeMar was a watershed breakthrough for him in terms of in-game adjustments.
                  He was 43-69 with Minny. Not a great team but he was not good enough to keep his job either.
                  He was right man at the right time with Dallas to get another shot with us. Not sure that he's still the right man to go next level with us right now?
                  And if it wasn't for JV beasting against Indiana, DC wouldn't have gotten out of the first round last year either. He has his whipping boy to thank for that.

Comment

• Thought I'd throw this into the mix here...Embiid out indefinitely with knee issues...again. Sad. The Philly fanshave to believe they are snakebit by now...Ben Simmons done or the year (bad surgery I believe), Embiid.... & Nerlens Noel traded for pennies on the $. Glad to be a Raptors fan isn't it and MU steering the ship! Ohh...and seemingly can't give Okafor away!
                    Last edited by Bendit; Mon Feb 27, 2017, 04:02 PM.

Comment

• Machine wrote: View Post
                      Ahh missed his bday (June 16, 1971) by a day...
                      My bad. It actually IS June 16th.
                      9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

Again, the location of the forum doesn't preclude one from appreciating the skills of someone on another team. I can appreciate what Steph Curry does with a basketball the same way I can appreciate what Stevens does. Being a Raptors fan does not come with mandatory blinders. Intelligent assessment of non-Raptors is permitted despite your comments (for the 2nd time).
                        Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
                          My bad. It actually IS June 16th.
                          Ah makes more sense then

Comment

• lewro wrote: View Post
                            Not sure is right...... I could go back and get into the Minnesota story......Like the fact that they were 20-20 when he got fired and ended up going 12-30 for the rest of the season.....lol But who cares right?

Casey is who we have now and I think its about time a few people stood up for him or at least pushed back at the blatant disrespect that I see on a daily basis. I mean the man is giving us his all, maybe it isn't good enough in the end.....Who knows right? Maybe he eventually brings us to the championship we all want.

Here's the truth:

Our record has improved every season under Casey.

Kyle became an all-star with Casey.

Demar became an all-star with Casey.

We have a great team structure/culture.

His players respect and play hard for him.

Masai really seems to respect Casey and clearly kept him when he could've gone in another direction (at least a couple times) and honestly, nobody would've cared......That means something to me.

Do you have a clear upgrade available??? Then by all means.....I wouldn't even be sad. But to hear the vitriol on a daily basis......He doesn't deserve it.
                            Last edited by special1; Mon Feb 27, 2017, 04:07 PM.

Comment

• Axel wrote: View Post
                              Again, the location of the forum doesn't preclude one from appreciating the skills of someone on another team. I can appreciate what Steph Curry does with a basketball the same way I can appreciate what Stevens does. Being a Raptors fan does not come with mandatory blinders. Intelligent assessment of non-Raptors is permitted despite your comments (for the 2nd time).
                              Why do you dismiss it as blinders? I can't say Casey is a good coach??? Like i said,....Its odd that one would get ridiculed for saying such a thing on their own fan forum.....

Comment

Casey is who we have now and I think its about time a few people stood up for him or at least pushed back at the blatant disrespect that I see on a daily basis.
                                ~
                                Do you have a clear upgrade available??? Then by all means.....I wouldn't even be sad. But to hear the vitriol on a daily basis......He doesn't deserve it.
                                He's a big boy, he can handle the criticism and doesn't need you to defend him solely on principle.
                                Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

Working...
                                X