Everything (2016-2017) Regular Season Game Threads

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RandomGuy wrote: View Post
    Dude, watch the first post I've wrote re this. It was not about DEMAR. I realise Demar is the only person to make the shot, with the system and coaching we have and I give him props for that.

I'm just emphasising the lack of actual plays. Knock knock, Casey.
    But we all know about Casey's weaknesses and end of game offensive faultlines. My point originally was that it was a tough afternoon learning about Lowry, then the team was in a back to back road game...played shit for a half and more...then wins on a clutch shot (drawn up or not) and loved to see Melo yellow miss a wide open look. We won...and I am just reading these absolute buzz kill posts!!. And while so...Boston loses too.

I guess some just can.t deal with a feel good win? C'mon man.

Comment

• Bendit wrote: View Post
      But we all know about Casey's weaknesses and end of game offensive faultlines. My point originally was that it was a tough afternoon learning about Lowry, then the team was in a back to back road game...played shit for a half and more...then wins on a clutch shot (drawn up or not) and loved to see Melo yellow miss a wide open look. We won...and I am just reading these absolute buzz kill posts!!. And while so...Boston loses too.

I guess some just can.t deal with a feel good win? C'mon man.
      That's the problem, it doesn't feel good, maybe it's just me. I'm just not the fan of how Raptors play, basically for as long as Casey has been the coach. Usually I suck it up and don't post about it (pretty much always for the last two years), but this was one of those games, where I felt bad that Casey gets a pass, because he has players, who basically are keeping him in his job.
      Official Pope of the Raptors sponsored by MLSE.

Comment

That's the problem, it doesn't feel good, maybe it's just me. I'm just not the fan of how Raptors play, basically for as long as Casey has been the coach. Usually I suck it up and don't post about it (pretty much always for the last two years), but this was one of those games, where I felt bad that Casey gets a pass, because he has players, who basically are keeping him in his job.
        Well casey ain't getting fired unless we start losing every game. And I don't tune in, cheer, comment here etc to enjoy losing every game. B2b, on the road, without your mvp. Take the W. Our style won't change overnight(or anytime soon) so if you feel down after this one you should probably stop watching for awhile. That's not fun.
        9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
          Whew. What a game. I was pulling my damn hair out for the first 80%. Guys couldn't make shots, 2Pat is allergic to clutch 3s, powell is a mess currently, Ibaka had his first off game offensively..so THANK YOU DEMAR DEROZAN for going hero late.

I love the small lineup, but this is the first game of the 3 where I'm gonna say jv should have seen the 4th. We were getting killed on the glass, and nobody else could do dick on offense when demar passed out of the double. Methinks we wouldn't have needed demar to go michael jordan if jv got burn today. Oh well, let's take it and get the fuck outta Manhattan.

Oh, and shoutout fred van Vleet! Great shift off the bench to stabilize and turn the tide in the 4th.

On to the next one..the grit n grind raptors. Pj and Ibaka are forming a bond...the bash brothers..
          Allergic to clutch 3's is a good way to put it.

Powell? no idea what he's doing out there. He's always in a hurry it seems. Dude needs to slow it down.
          Mamba Mentality

Comment

With 30s left the Knicks would run an iso for Melo. The Pelicans would run one for Davis. The Blazers would run one for Lillard. The Wizards would run one for Wall. Etc etc. The play calling comes in getting the iso that you want, which is what the Raptors did with getting DeRozan on Rose.

Comment

• I don't want to say it's a "must" win, but it's a "really really need to" win game. At home with a day of rest with the Wiz on the second night of a back to back (first game vs the Warriors).

Comment

• Another huge game fuck
                The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

• tDotted wrote: View Post
                  I don't want to say it's a "must" win, but it's a "really really need to" win game. At home with a day of rest with the Wiz on the second night of a back to back (first game vs the Warriors).
                  Yep and if we win this one, the 2nd one in Washington is like playing with house money. When I looked at the sked at the all star break I thought we NEEDED to take both. Didn't expect to gain this much ground in 4 days lol. Still need the split though, and the home game after they play the warriors is gonna be the easier of the 2 to do so

Comment

• People have an issue with that end of game offence? They got a switch and attacked with DeMar. And like one play earlier they managed a very difficult two for one with a very pretty screen play on the inbounds to get DD a layup. All good. This game's end of game offence was decent (in terms of play, not so much in terms of execution up until those last few plays - not enough offensive options out there for the 4th), completely unlike some of the unacceptable stuff we've seen this year during the recent slump.

In any case, a win! Yay! I don't care who the opposition is, or how ugly it is, every win gets a cheer while Lowry is out. He's the engine - you win a race in a car with no engine, kudos. Doesn't matter if the other guy only has an electric scooter, you're out here like Fred Flintstone running on the pavement. Good win.

But, yes, ugly win. Hoo boy, was it ugly. JV having foul trouble sucked, because he was the only other one scoring besides DeMar (who was once again fantastic throughout and is more than holding up his end of the deal while Lowry is out). Also a little ironic - why hook him with 4 fouls if there's no chance he plays in the 4th anyway? Should have started the 4th with him - was a lot to ask of Ibaka to play so much (and Pat at C for a stretch IIRC). Got killed on the boards for it too, giving up some very clutch offensive boards - thank goodness for Tucker doing the same thing for us at the other end, balanced it out.

Thank goodness Casey suddenly realized BeBe should not be playing with Lowry out. This one came down to the wire and I don't know if the team could afford to spot the Knicks another 5-10 points with a useless few minutes from BeBe. Poeltl bled 5 points in a minute, but baby steps.

Hey, on a night where no one could hit shots, I call this a good win. Heck, missing an all star, JV and Ibaka foul trouble, back to back on the road? Very good win.
                    twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• Raps are going to have to be a LOT better offensively against the Wiz to pull this one out.
                      twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• Cody73 wrote: View Post
                        Hard to find pics that quickly, Lew. Plus, I wasn't expecting us to win.... so I was unprepared.
                        There's nothing for Morris v Ibaka bc Ibaka just got traded. So many great Gortat v JV that I used two.
                        We're home at home so pics are lined up or use other ones.

http://media.gettyimages.com/photos/...re-id502957190

http://wpmedia.o.canada.com/2013/02/...l_25969637.jpg

http://cdn.fansided.com/wp-content/b...to-raptors.jpg

http://twt-thumbs.washtimes.com/medi...419d0c7beb7352

http://media.gettyimages.com/photos/...re-id506985196

Comment

• I was reading RealGM Celtics forum after their bad loss to the hawks and it felt really good. Also, if you wanna get mad, read what one of them had to say about the raps and their fans:

Celtics 97 @ Raptors 107 Post-game Notes (37-21) We Lose

https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?sha...3&share_type=t

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• Maury wrote: View Post
                            I was reading RealGM Celtics forum after their bad loss to the hawks and it felt really good. Also, if you wanna get mad, read what one of them had to say about the raps and their fans:

Yeah, I've been laughing at Celts blog. They're pissed with Danny. They're paying Horford all that money to play out his desired position and he's struggling now.
                            They could have made a minor move, at least.

Comment

• Maury wrote: View Post
                              I was reading RealGM Celtics forum after their bad loss to the hawks and it felt really good. Also, if you wanna get mad, read what one of them had to say about the raps and their fans:

That win on Friday was my favorite aalll season

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
                                Raps are going to have to be a LOT better offensively against the Wiz to pull this one out.
                                I think ibaka will be better. Joseph has been doing ok. The trio im lookng at is carroll, pat and powell. At least 2 of them need to hit shots
                                Last edited by KeonClark; Tue Feb 28, 2017, 02:01 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X