No announcement yet.

Everything (2016-2017) Regular Season Game Threads

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why am I getting hung up on trying to filter NBA.com team stats for crunch time, scores within 5 points during last 5 minutes of a game. I've run that filter before, any tips?
    "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• S.R. wrote: View Post
      Why am I getting hung up on trying to filter NBA.com team stats for crunch time, scores within 5 points during last 5 minutes of a game. I've run that filter before, any tips?
      Working for me.

http://stats.nba.com/players/clutch-...sort=GP&dir=-1

http://stats.nba.com/teams/clutch-ad...?sort=W&dir=-1
      twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• Demographic Shift wrote: View Post
        They do move away from what's working at times before an adjustment is made..never sure why but it's been that way for at least two or three years.
        We're one step ahead at all times, Demographic.
        We make mistakes. That's why they put erasers on pencils.

Comment

• LJ2 wrote: View Post
          They are going to have to win ugly again because I don't see their offence getting any better any time soon. And Washington has some big physical defenders that can make things tough on DeMar.
          Actually I would expect the offence to get better over the short term as the players and coaches get a chance to watch some video and get a better handle on what they have and how best to use it. That clip of PJ Tucker shows him talking about the miscommunication at the end of the NY game that was the result of not being familiar with each other and the defensive systems. That improves. And I think we are already seeing Ibaka get a better sense of how he can play with JV.

Comment

• There it is, thanks.

The Raptors are on par with teams like the Sacramento Kings and the 76ers in clutch situations, far worse than how they fare overall and much worse than the short list of contenders. All other discussion points aside, that's a problem that we just have to hope doesn't bite them in the playoffs.

Comment

There it is, thanks.

The Raptors are on par with teams like the Sacramento Kings and the 76ers in clutch situations, far worse than how they fare overall and much worse than the short list of contenders. All other discussion points aside, that's a problem that we just have to hope doesn't bite them in the playoffs.
              To be fair, they are roughly league average in net rating in the clutch. And they were among the best teams in the league over the first half of the season before Pat and DD got hurt and they scuttled for a month and a half, and are 3-0 in clutch games since the break, with a crazy good net rating.
              twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• Abbas wrote: View Post
                Im blessing this thread, the saviour has your back RR

5 game winning streak coming up next!
                Love the chutzpah...
                There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
                - TGO

Comment

• slaw wrote: View Post
                  A lot of the criticism of the EOG offense in Raptorland is mindless and is driven by CDS. Having said that, there are two very legitimate criticisms in the way they operate late...
                  it's the main criticism you missed: actual play is needed to keep all 5 defenders busy with their own assignments in order to avoid double or triple teaming your predestined scorer.

at the end of the day every single play is much of the ISO. Just there's difference between the two:

ISO play in clutch having mismatch 1vs1 with best off player handling the ball AND 4 others moving to keep defense honest - it's the play every coach must be dreaming off.

ISO play in clutch running blindly into double team with 4 players smoking practically out of bounds - worst solution ever. Alas, it's too common under Casey;/

the bashing Casey gets is not because of putting ball into hands of the best player on the court - it's a KEY to succeed. It's because of the way he does that.

Comment

They are going to have to win ugly again because I don't see their offence getting any better any time soon. And Washington has some big physical defenders that can make things tough on DeMar.
                    FWIW..I see the Whiz taking one on the chin tonight from the Warriors and boarding the plane half pissed off and half wondering if they can get it together for tomorrow on a back to back in a big division game, on the road, where they struggle. That's doubt you smell in the charter as the wheels go up heading due north.

This is THE game of the home and home with the whizzers.
                    No prisoners.
                    Feed 'em raw meat and shards of glass.
                    Turn up the music loud in the room.

And....

When the raps clock the Whiz tomorrow night they will quite likely sweep them on Friday.

Not that I'm biased.
                    Last edited by Demographic Shift; Tue Feb 28, 2017, 04:30 PM.
                    There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
                    - TGO

Comment

Naw, one of DeMar's biggest strides this year is that he's definitely past the point where any random perimeter player with a good wingspan can really throw him off his game. Courtney Lee played great defence in the Knicks game and DD took it to them anyway.

Only game vs. WAS this year, DeMar dropped 40/5/5/2 on 60% FG. The infamous Otto Porter Jr. played 38 minutes that game and it didn't matter.

Comment

Naw, one of DeMar's biggest strides this year is that he's definitely past the point where any random perimeter player with a good wingspan can really throw him off his game. Courtney Lee played great defence in the Knicks game and DD took it to them anyway.

Only game vs. WAS this year, DeMar dropped 40/5/5/2 on 60% FG. The infamous Otto Porter Jr. played 38 minutes that game and it didn't matter.
                        I hope that is the case, but right now Demar is the only guy the opposing team needs to really game plan for. If they can slow him down with guys like porter or Morris then they have a great shot. Wiz are also top 10 on offence I think so we in turn have to slow them down. I know PJ won't have an issue with putting Wall or Beal on their ass and that is exactly the ugly type of game I think it's got to be to win. Some bad blood leading into the playoffs perhaps?

Comment

• This thread ain't right without showing a photo of PJ Tucker on the front page!! fix it!

Comment

• Hotshot wrote: View Post
                            This thread ain't right without showing a photo of PJ Tucker on the front page!! fix it!

9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• This is an absolute must win game.

I would love to see the Raptors put Carroll, Powell or Tucker on Beal. Mostly Tucker. Shut him down.

Also, Washington probably would put Porter on DeRozan. DeRozan historically has struggled with that matchup. So other players needs to step up offensively.
                              Mamba Mentality

Comment

• WAS 100% focused on GSW tonight and forced to travel probably after the game to TO for the b2b, I'm predicting 37 points for DeRozan and a 7 point Raptors win.

Fuck Otto Porter, fuck Bradley Beal, and fuck John Wall.

Comment

Working...
                                X