No announcement yet.

Everything (2016-2017) Regular Season Game Threads

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I don't understand the entire second unit being comprised of no starters. Casey needs to adjust his rotation to make sure there's always a starter on the floor.

I'd start the same unit, with Ibaka as the first sub out for Patterson. Then, Powell for DeMar, then Ibaka for JV and Wright for COJO.

something like that anyway. Poetl, Wright and Norm should never be on the floor together in the second fcking quarter.
    Sunny ways my friends, sunny ways
    Because its 2015

Comment

• Why didn't anybody pass the ball? We were on pace to work our way into the nba record books for low assists until garbage time fuckk
      9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
        You know what? Wright was actually pretty good. The decisions I hated most in this game were a) putting him out there with ZERO offensive options in that second unit to start the 2nd Q (with JV that unit could have had something), and b) when JV came back in, Casey yanked Wright for Van Vleet, who proceeded to try to get shots off in the paint as a 4 foot tall man among 7 foot giants. Baffling decision there. So of course the slide continued. That stretch just killed the team, and the worst part was Wall and Beal just sitting there watching it happen.

There. That's the one good thing about last night. Wright was OK. That's my next morning optimism's limit.
        So now you agree with JV 2nd unit? You were adamant that we got Ibaka to pair with JV.
        JV was 3/12 last night. He got his shots but he never took it up strong. Not the same player that smashed Drummond to the ground game 1.
        I can see him 2nd unit to add scoring but also so he can rediscover his beast mode and be more of an option.
        This game tho, I think Casey was trying to match the size of Gortat/Morris.
        Not that JV is really the take away from that game.

Comment

• Abbas wrote: View Post
          The Savoiur is officially back.
          Just when I thought things couldn't get any worse...
          The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

• I wish you luck, Abbas. But if not, we probably will be kind enough just to give you a infraction. You're not as bad as the Devil we do not know, after all.

Also, we gotta play these guys again? FUCK.
            Axel wrote:
            Now Cody can stop posting about this guy and we have a poster to blame if anything goes wrong!!
            KeonClark wrote:
            We won't hear back from him. He dissapears into thin air and reappears when you least expect it. Ten is an enigma. Ten is a legend. Ten for the motherfucking win.
            KeonClark wrote:
            I can't wait until the playoffs start.

Until then, opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one and they most often stink

Comment

• Nilanka wrote: View Post
              I feeling nervous about this game simply because of the Porter/DeRozan matchup. DeRozan tends to struggle with those prototypical long/lanky defenders. And I figured his struggles would be amplified with Lowry out.

But apparently the whole team collectively decided to take a dump on their home floor, completely unrelated to Porter/DeRozan.

We better see some fight on Friday....
              I was feeling nervous about yesterdays game because we won by 1 point against the Knicks, in a game we were down for the vast majority of the game. Wiz are top 10 (or near) on both offence and defence. Without Lowry, it's just DeRozan as the only compotent scoring option. I think we are going to miss Ross' scoring punch until Lowry gets back.

Comment

• LJ2 wrote: View Post
                I was feeling nervous about yesterdays game because we won by 1 point against the Knicks, in a game we were down for the vast majority of the game. Wiz are top 10 (or near) on both offence and defence. Without Lowry, it's just DeRozan as the only compotent scoring option. I think we are going to miss Ross' scoring punch until Lowry gets back.
                There's a lot of guys who can hit open shots and have decent games, you just have to actually run plays and movement, cuts, draw and kicks...something.

Comment

• Nice thread Abbas.

Comment

• Comment

• lewro wrote: View Post
                      So now you agree with JV 2nd unit? You were adamant that we got Ibaka to pair with JV.
                      JV was 3/12 last night. He got his shots but he never took it up strong. Not the same player that smashed Drummond to the ground game 1.
                      I can see him 2nd unit to add scoring but also so he can rediscover his beast mode and be more of an option.
                      This game tho, I think Casey was trying to match the size of Gortat/Morris.
                      Not that JV is really the take away from that game.
                      dude, nobody ever disagreed with having JV play some time with the 2nd unit guys. people have disagreed with you specifically because you kept going on about removing him from the starting lineup in favour of... who, exactly?

before you say we should start ibaka at the 5, keep in mind that would imply playing him for like 18 minutes per game there, which is definitely a way to wear him down and get killed on the glass in the process.

Anyways none of this matters. Dwane casey is a horrible coach to begin with, and they've given up on him to make matters even worse.

I like how Scott Brooks, aka "Secrit plays coach", now runs a team that has fantastic ball movement, while Casey just sits there spouting off hashtags like #PoundTheRock and #RideOrDie.

Comment

• Abbas wrote: View Post
                        I agree,

Joey give me a 1 week ban if we lose
                        High stakes! I like it

Comment

• S.R. wrote: View Post
                          The Cavs are hot garbage without Lebron and Lowry leaves too big of a hole when he's not with the Raptors. I'm not sure we can take much more out of the coming weeks than that, DeMar + the defence will be enough sometimes and sometimes games like this will happen...
                          This is very good point.

Sent from my LG-H831 using Tapatalk
                          @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post
                            Can we retire this myth that the players "play hard for Casey"?
                            Raptors have the less blows in the league. That only happens when you play hard most of the time.

@Chr1st1anL

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post
                              Lebron is a generational talent and the most unique physical talent of all-time. Lowry is a very good player.
                              There are more examples like IT. Celtics struggle when he is out. Same thing goes with Paul.

@Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Uncle_Si wrote: View Post
                                I don't understand the entire second unit being comprised of no starters. Casey needs to adjust his rotation to make sure there's always a starter on the floor.

I'd start the same unit, with Ibaka as the first sub out for Patterson. Then, Powell for DeMar, then Ibaka for JV and Wright for COJO.

something like that anyway. Poetl, Wright and Norm should never be on the floor together in the second fcking quarter.
                                Isn't 2pat a starter though?

@Chr1st1anL

Comment

Working...
                                X