Everything (2016-2017) Regular Season Game Threads

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rand wrote: View Post
    honestly, this team, these players, their calling is supposed to be D. gives up 41 to Bucks. Makes them look like the second coming of Warriors.
    What? we can shoot like Warriors?

Comment

• I smell a Poeltl and Delon 4th

Comment

• special1 wrote: View Post
        Did you somehow miss the wide open 3s by spencer Hawes??

The guy has 14 points in 12 minutes....

JV just can't guard a big who shoots 3s....

You honestly have no idea?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
        Those wide open 3s were a result of high screen pick n rolls with the perimeter man switching out to the big
        9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
          Those wide open 3s were a result of high screen pick n rolls with the perimeter man switching out to the big
          failing to switch, you mean.

Comment

• Jangles wrote: View Post
            Let's not forget when JV stepped up to meet the ball handler, leaving Monroe open under the rim as no one helped and Monroe laid it up. That probably helped Casey with his decision.
            So he hedges nobody helps, he switches to the man at the basket nobody helps, I'm sensing a theme here...

Comment

• A.I wrote: View Post
              Only you would think Demar gets no blame on that Hawes 3.
              I'm blaming them both. Obviously they need to talk more

Sent from my LG-H831 using Tapatalk
              @Chr1st1anL

Comment

If that's what you think. I think Demar can handle Matthew Dellavadova in the paint. The truth is that JV doesn't ever want to go out to the 3 point line.

Did anyone else hear Demar call switch? Or was it JV who called switch. Did anyone say anything??? I'm not even sure.

Comment

• Machine wrote: View Post
                  Clearly things got so much better when he went out
                  Jonas is the sole individual stopping this team from becoming the 04 Pistons on defense

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post

on that occasion it looks like a textbook example of the fatal "single player switch".

If you call for a switch, you damn well better fucking switch, because if your teammate does and you don't you're toast.

edit: and vice versa, if your teammate calls for a switch. Don't know who called for it on that play but clearly someone didn't get the memo.
                    Last edited by KHD; Sat Mar 4, 2017, 10:15 PM.

Comment

• When Spencer Hawes played for Philly, there was a story that he had toilet paper with Obamas face on it. One of his team mates refused to use said toilet paper.
                      Sunny ways my friends, sunny ways
                      Because its 2015

Comment

So he hedges nobody helps, he switches to the man at the basket nobody helps, I'm sensing a theme here...
                        Maybe JV doesn't communicate well on defence....

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post

Agreed. But as soon as demar saw carroll on dellavadova, he should have found the open man, but was slow to react. I rewound the play and rewatched. It's not just talking, it's being alert and engaged.

Comment

If that's what you think. I think Demar can handle Matthew Dellavadova in the paint. The truth is that JV doesn't ever want to go out to the 3 point line.

Did anyone else hear Demar call switch? Or was it JV who called switch. Did anyone say anything??? I'm not even sure.

It wasn't jv who took delly it was carroll, jv took the rebounder. Demar was nearest hawes and since he's a long range threat that's his man. Textbook switch everything defense

Comment

Maybe JV doesn't communicate well on defence....

This guys hate for JV is clearly all about demar. People see through u like water dude. To you, if jv is losing, demar is winning. You couldnt give two fucks about the raptors.

Comment

Actually thats just a narrative you made up. Everyone knows JV isn't a good perimeter defender, which is exactly why you should switch.

Thats the problem. Neither communicate on defense and end up screwing everything up. JV switches on to the ball handler, Demar doesn't close out on the big or JV switches when he isn't supposed to, who knows.

Comment

Working...
                                X