Everything (2016-2017) Regular Season Game Threads

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• golden wrote: View Post
    19-12. Up 7 on the road in the first quarter is pathetic? Keep the crowd out of it. That's a perfect start to a road game, no?
    DeMar the golden boy didn't attempt a shot. Hence, pathetic.

Comment

• JamesNaismith wrote: View Post
      Yeah, yeah lol it's a fair criticism.

James Harden is a superior player to DeMar and he is publicly shamed for his little effort defensively. It's not about discrediting but acknowledging an obvious issue. If DD really wants to be like Kobe, he should remember that Kobe also at one point of his career was one of the best defenders at his position and Mamba did that because he idolized MJ. If DD played better defence it would take himself and this team to a different level.
      One step at a time

Next year it will be Defense and passing out the double

the year after will be 3pt shooting and being talkative on the court
      Abbas wrote:

First of all i was my own source

Comment

• Abbas wrote: View Post
        One step at a time

Next year it will be Defense and passing out the double

the year after will be 3pt shooting and being talkative on the court
        Don't get me wrong I totally believe that DeMar will work hard on his game in the summer (as he always does, credit where's its due) BUT I think it will continue to be on the offensive end and my guess will be more so passing in general and 3pt shooting.

I'm sure he sees where the league has gone and the love Harden is getting for adding passing as a dimension (or moreso using it more) and wants to be more in that conversation. You can also see lately he's hitting more 3s so I think that's going to be his focus because he wants to be a great player.....offensively.

While I believe Tucker will be in his ear this season, the problem is Casey isn't. So if anything I think he's only going to grow more reliant on PJ and Serge. Meanwhile he's going to work his ass off to wow people offensively. Calling it now but passing and 3pt shot will be the 2 things we see small improvement in next year and while I'm very happy with that, not satisfied because he just needs to give more effort defensively...without even "working on it", just giving a better effort will help tremendously so our defence doesn't continiously find itself collapsing.

Comment

• As aside I know LBJ and Kyrie didn't play tonight but I hope MIA can make it to 8th seed.

120 MIA 92 CLE

I think they'll give CLE much more of a run than a deflated DET will.

Comment

• JamesNaismith wrote: View Post
            He's probably looking at JV's stat line wondering why he "disappeared" in the 4th quarter.

Time to further reduce his minutes.
            Lmao

Comment

• Geez. Way to throw another game Case. And this isn't just JV not getting touches (I mean, yeah, who in their right mind watches that 1st Q and decides, nah, don't want that again, but it's not JUST that).

This team, right now, has two guys who are primarily scorers. DeRozan and JV. Everyone else on the team is either primarily a defender, or a balanced two way low usage player. Ibaka might be a bit of an exception, but he's still a guy who thrives in that 20% usage range, so you don't want him driving the offence for any length of time - he's great as a secondary/outlet guy but not a first option.

So, what would a brilliant coach do? Would he play those two scorers in such a rotation so that one is always on the court, preventing any obvious "dead" spots in the rotation where the team will definitely struggle to score? Of course not.

He'd throw out, for 15 minutes total, lineups with neither scorer in them. Those lineups would be outscored by 10 points in those 15 minutes. In a game lost by 7 and within 4 late. Just throw away 10 points.

Of course, doesn't help that DD was trash tonight. Why he kept dribbling into the corner to get trapped is beyond me. Do we not have any sets in the middle of the floor? Yeesh. Won't mention much about the defence but it was egregious tonight.

Bright sides... Hmmm. JV had that bounce back game we wanted. Yay... Helps that he finally got a couple minutes beside Pat with the bench (Wright's +/- on the night was awful because of those all bench units, but he was break even in a couple minutes with JV and Pat) and was +4 beside him in 3 minutes. Not nearly enough, of course. Van Vleet did well for a few minutes. Cory looking decent. Ibaka still doing well. Hope Carroll's OK.
              twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• 6 games in 9 days. They need to dump that weeklong all star crap.

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
                  Geez. Way to throw another game Case. And this isn't just JV not getting touches (I mean, yeah, who in their right mind watches that 1st Q and decides, nah, don't want that again, but it's not JUST that).

This team, right now, has two guys who are primarily scorers. DeRozan and JV.
                  Everyone else on the team is either primarily a defender, or a balanced two way low usage player. Ibaka might be a bit of an exception, but he's still a guy who thrives in that 20% usage range, so you don't want him driving the offence for any length of time - he's great as a secondary/outlet guy but not a first option.

So, what would a brilliant coach do? Would he play those two scorers in such a rotation so that one is always on the court, preventing any obvious "dead" spots in the rotation where the team will definitely struggle to score? Of course not.

He'd throw out, for 15 minutes total, lineups with neither scorer in them. Those lineups would be outscored by 10 points in those 15 minutes. In a game lost by 7 and within 4 late. Just throw away 10 points.

Of course, doesn't help that DD was trash tonight. Why he kept dribbling into the corner to get trapped is beyond me. Do we not have any sets in the middle of the floor? Yeesh. Won't mention much about the defence but it was egregious tonight.

Bright sides... Hmmm. JV had that bounce back game we wanted. Yay... Helps that he finally got a couple minutes beside Pat with the bench (Wright's +/- on the night was awful because of those all bench units, but he was break even in a couple minutes with JV and Pat) and was +4 beside him in 3 minutes. Not nearly enough, of course. Van Vleet did well for a few minutes. Cory looking decent. Ibaka still doing well. Hope Carroll's OK.
                  Casey doesn't see JV as a scoring option, and only turns to him if he has no other choice
                  OG is our king

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
                    Geez. Way to throw another game Case. And this isn't just JV not getting touches (I mean, yeah, who in their right mind watches that 1st Q and decides, nah, don't want that again, but it's not JUST that).

This team, right now, has two guys who are primarily scorers. DeRozan and JV. Everyone else on the team is either primarily a defender, or a balanced two way low usage player. Ibaka might be a bit of an exception, but he's still a guy who thrives in that 20% usage range, so you don't want him driving the offence for any length of time - he's great as a secondary/outlet guy but not a first option.

i don't think i have ever seen a game where derozan wasn't scoring and still helped the team. there's no reason for him to be on the floor when he's playing like that. when he isn't getting his offence he's got the disposition of a toddler, and he doesn't even pretend to try on defence.

Comment

• consmap wrote: View Post
                      Casey doesn't see JV as a scoring option, and only turns to him if he has no other choice
                      let's just watch him dig his own grave.

Comment

• Comment

• rocwell wrote: View Post

100 minutes per sample size and no Lowry? Way too soon to draw conclusions from these numbers.

The 4th quarter productivity is also skewed, it's been important in come-from-behind wins and it's been pointless in 4th quarter runs during the losses where the other team has eased up on their way to a comfortable W.
                          "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• Raptors @ Pelicans ~ 8:00 PM Wednesday March 8 ~ SNET 1

[CENTER]
                            Your Toronto Raptors:

Cory Joseph
                            Demar derozan
                            Norman Powell?
                            Serge Ibaka
                            Jonas Valanciunis

@

The New Orleans Pelicans:

Jrue Holiday
                            Etuane Moore
                            Soloman Hill
                            Anthony Davis
                            Demarcus Cousins
                            I'm back. I no longer worship joe johnson

Comment

• Can't wait to see PJ and Ibaka rebound vs the 2 best bigs in the game in the 4th quarter
                              9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• Way to step up Y !

After 3 days in south beach with some RnR mixed in with practice I can see the Raps giving you a chance to create a second game thread and maybe a third with a win against the birds.

Perhaps Bebe and his moving screen offensive fouls get out of jail vs the Pelys and the Brazilian provides some help against the twin towers..unless Boogie picks up a tech between now and Wednesday.If Jacob gets some run and sideshow bob doesn't get off the pine that might signal the end of the Nogueria era in the six.
                                There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
                                - TGO

Comment

Working...
                                X