Everything (2016-2017) Regular Season Game Threads

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• planetmars wrote: View Post
    Pelicans kind of suck.. so this should be an easy win. And JV did extremely well against AD last time around. Hoping he gets some time in the 4th. We need size against these twin towers.
    The concern for me isn't about the Pelicans 2 bigs, cause they will get theirs. My concern is the 3rd or 4th little scrubs that tend to play like star level basketball against the Raps.

Solomon Hill or Jordan Crawford need to be watched...

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
      Pelicans kind of suck.. so this should be an easy win. And JV did extremely well against AD last time around. Hoping he gets some time in the 4th. We need size against these twin towers.
      They've been great defensively actually but can't score to save their lives. Not putting it past them to all of a sudden "figure it out" on Wednesday..

Comment

• I'm kind of hoping that JV is benched in the 4th quarter, not because it will help us win, but because this should be the ultimate test of small vs. big ball. For Raps small ball, Ibaka can handle Davis, but who matches up with Cousins? Pat or PJ?

Comment

• Boogie always kills us. Expecting L
          Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• Hotshot wrote: View Post
            The concern for me isn't about the Pelicans 2 bigs, cause they will get theirs. My concern is the 3rd or 4th little scrubs that tend to play like star level basketball against the Raps.

Solomon Hill or Jordan Crawford need to be watched...
            They are losing games where Boogie and Davis each put up 25-35 points, because the rest of the team sucks. I agree, a key to winning will be less about limiting those two guys than shutting down everybody else. They're 2-5 since the break/trade, have lost to every quality team they've played, and are only averaging 98.1 ppg which would be dead last in the league for the season.
            "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• Scraptor wrote: View Post
              Anybody else gonna spend the game talking like Tony Montana?

Ahahahaha they're not even pelicans lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
              You come at the King, you best not miss.

Comment

• Mr.Z wrote: View Post
                Ahahahaha they're not even pelicans lol

Tony says they're pelicans, they're pelicans.

you know what a 'hasa' is Mr Z?
                9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post

Tony says they're pelicans, they're pelicans.

you know what a 'hasa' is Mr Z?
                  Nope. Whats a 'hasa' Keon?

Comment

• S.R. wrote: View Post
                    They are losing games where Boogie and Davis each put up 25-35 points, because the rest of the team sucks. I agree, a key to winning will be less about limiting those two guys than shutting down everybody else. They're 2-5 since the break/trade, have lost to every quality team they've played, and are only averaging 98.1 ppg which would be dead last in the league for the season.
                    The thing is Buddy+Tyreke were averaging about 9 ppg each (18ppg total) on the Pels and Cousins is now averaging almost 24 ppg. I know the numbers don't exactly work that way, because you have to look at who is replacing who; but at a coarse first approximation, shouldn't the addition of Cousins boost the offense by around 6 ppg in less total minutes than Buddy+Tyreke? A 6 ppg increase is enough to lift a previously bottom 5 offense into the top 10.

Comment

• Mr.Z wrote: View Post
                      Nope. Whats a 'hasa' Keon?

Well the question was meant to be rhetorical...but heres a baby in a tuxedo

Comment

Well the question was meant to be rhetorical...but heres a baby in a tuxedo

Comment

• Third time JV vs DMC this year. I hope D.C. Gives JV more minutes as DanH rightly has suggested.

Comment

• psrs1 wrote: View Post
                            Third time JV vs DMC this year. I hope D.C. Gives JV more minutes as DanH rightly has suggested.
                            JV was hurt for the first matchup with SAC.
                            twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• There seemed to a be a 50/50 split around here regarding acquiring Cousins when he was on the Kings.

On one side you had people saying Cousins was a can't miss superstar, you add him by any means neccesary, figure it out later. It was all the Kings fault they were an absolute mess and ohh the outrage when we didn't get him, that was our chance to push for a title!
                              On the one side (MY side ) You had people that said Cousins is a huge part of the problem, he's never gonna win as a focal point on a team, attitude problems, and throw the stats out the window, a true superstar would win 40 games in 6 chances to do it.
                              And of course many fell somewhere in the middle.

Well guess which side is claiming early victory?

Davis is shooting 21.6 percent worse from the paint when he’s playing with Cousins, and thus, the Pelicans have been significantly worse as a team.

When Davis is on the court without Cousins, the Pelicans are outscoring teams by 4.2 points per 100 possessions, per NBA.com. Bring on Boogie, and that number plummets to minus-7.9. When Cousins is on without Brow, his performance has been relatively unchanged, but the Pelicans are even worse, at minus-17.4, per NBA.com.

We’re working with small sample sizes here, and there are other variables playing a factor, like game situation and opponent lineup units, but it’s noteworthy that, in a league where two-big lineups are vanishing in favor of small-ball units, a twin towers pairing is not working even with two of the league’s best big men sharing the floor.

The trade for Cousins was supposed to thrust the Pelicans into the playoffs, but it’s instead pushed them further down the standings. They’ll get a pass if they’re unable to click as a unit this season, since it’s not easy to integrate a central piece midseason. But Boogie and Brow need to become a dominant duo at some point, or else New Orleans will be right back to where it started prior to Cousins’s arrival.
                              https://theringer.com/nba-trade-dead...285#.b4je2ay39

Comment

There seemed to a be a 50/50 split around here regarding acquiring Cousins when he was on the Kings.

On one side you had people saying Cousins was a can't miss superstar, you add him by any means neccesary, figure it out later. It was all the Kings fault they were an absolute mess and ohh the outrage when we didn't get him, that was our chance to push for a title!
                                On the one side (MY side ) You had people that said Cousins is a huge part of the problem, he's never gonna win as a focal point on a team, attitude problems, and throw the stats out the window, a true superstar would win 40 games in 6 chances to do it.
                                And of course many fell somewhere in the middle.

Well guess which side is claiming early victory?

https://theringer.com/nba-trade-dead...285#.b4je2ay39
                                It's interesting because the Spurs lesser talented twin towers (Gasol/Aldridge) has an excellent net rating of +7 when playing together. Even more impressive is that they are anchoring the #1 defense in the league in the "modern NBA". Those are 2 aging, non-stretch, below average athleticism big men who were never heralded for their defense by any stretch of the imagination. Pop is amazing.

Comment

Working...
                                X