Everything (2016-2017) Regular Season Game Threads

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
    I didn't think it was a sarcastic smile, he smiled when he said it because he knows everybody talks about jvs 4th Q minutes.

They ask him a minute later if part of it was matching with cousins, and he said no not at all, it was his pick n roll defense. His job isn't cousins, it's containing the ball, it's holiday.

I thought that was really telling. Jv can earn minutes, he's just gotta play great d AND hit timely shots and board. Sure he's held to a higher standard than demar, but it's important to have 5 mobile players out there. It's in him to do it
    To piggyback on Dan's comment, I was worried when I saw him struggle to start with a TO and 2 missed shots. I think there are too many games where JV has a slip up or two and he gets the hook right away. Yesterday was a showcase that he should sometimes be given some time to play through early struggles as he usually gets better as the game goes along and he gets into a rhythm (which is obvious and true for most players).

Sadly, I think Ibaka's early foul trouble was maybe the primary reason why JV was allowed to play through his initial shortcomings.

Comment

• Raptors @ Hawks ~ 8:00PM March 10 ~ TSN2

[CENTER]
      Your Toronto Raptors:

Cory Joseph
      Demar derozan
      PJ Tucker
      Serge Ibaka
      Jonas Valanciunis

@

The Atlanta Hawks:

Dennis Shroeder
      Kent Bazmore
      Thabo Sefolosha
      Paul Millsap
      Dwight Howard
      I'm back. I no longer worship joe johnson

Comment

• That pelican tasted mighty fine with some Lithuanian hot sauce. Now let's continue killing birds.

This game would all but clinch home court advantage for us. Big one.
        9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
          I might just be an optimist, but for some reason I feel like the Raps start a stretch of wins here. This little break should help the team re-energize. And Casey has always been better with getting his ducks in a row with a few days to prep.
          Hmm, yes, one down. Keep it rolling, yaba.
          twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• Might have ourselves a playoff preview, might get chippy. On a side note bleacher report released an article with some playoff previews and they had Hawks beating us in 6 in the first round...

"To be clear, in a vacuum, I don't think the Atlanta Hawks are an objectively good or dangerous team. But the Raptors have had their share of playoff collapses, Lowry's health looms large, and it's difficult to trust the Toronto offense against the connected, proven Atlanta defense."

First off....what proven Atlanta defense....secondly...where's the love????

Comment

• The Hawks are sub .500 since the start of February, those guys are stumbling and ripe for the picking. The sans-Lowry surge continues for Les Raptors.

Seriously, they do all the Spanish stuff in the States, let's get some Francophone Raptors nights at the ACC with 1/2 price poutine.
              "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• S.R. wrote: View Post
                The Hawks are sub .500 since the start of February, those guys are stumbling and ripe for the picking. The sans-Lowry surge continues for Les Raptors.

Seriously, they do all the Spanish stuff in the States, let's get some Francophone Raptors nights at the ACC with 1/2 price poutine.
                Truly Quebecois night would be to provide a deck of smokes with the poutine...
                There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
                - TGO

Comment

• S.R. wrote: View Post
                  The Hawks are sub .500 since the start of February, those guys are stumbling and ripe for the picking. The sans-Lowry surge continues for Les Raptors.

Raps actually have Los Raptors warmups for some reason. I agree Les Raptors would make more sense.

But I'm onto you. You just want cheap poutine.
                  twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• Demographic Shift wrote: View Post
                    Yeah! And molson ultra dry...
                    Sunny ways my friends, sunny ways
                    Because its 2015

Comment

• Demographic Shift wrote: View Post
                      Nothing like cigarettes and gravy in the morning.

Comment

• If anyone wants to get raptors gear, Adidas on their official website, has 40-50% off right now. I just got $175 worth of things for $50 !!

They also have a student discount of 15%.
                        I'm back. I no longer worship joe johnson

Comment

• yabadabayolo wrote: View Post
                          If anyone wants to get raptors gear, Adidas on their official website, has 40-50% off right now. I just got $175 worth of things for $50 !!

They also have a student discount of 15%.
                          They don't have a very good selection. Not enough huskies stuff, and not enough Kyle and demar stuff.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• Deems wrote: View Post
                            Might have ourselves a playoff preview, might get chippy. On a side note bleacher report released an article with some playoff previews and they had Hawks beating us in 6 in the first round...

"To be clear, in a vacuum, I don't think the Atlanta Hawks are an objectively good or dangerous team. But the Raptors have had their share of playoff collapses, Lowry's health looms large, and it's difficult to trust the Toronto offense against the connected, proven Atlanta defense."

First off....what proven Atlanta defense....secondly...where's the love????
                            Wtf that's just pure disrespect. And the only "playoff collapse" was the 2015 playoffs. This is just shoddy writing.

Comment

• Ball wrote: View Post
                              Wtf that's just pure disrespect. And the only "playoff collapse" was the 2015 playoffs. This is just shoddy writing.
                              Is it really? Weve performed below expectations in literally every playoff series of the lowry dd casey core, with the exception of maybe cleveland where we did win 2 but still got spanked. And Lowry is still far from a guarantee to be back. Until we get that good news in early April, the first round is dicey at best

Comment

• Maury wrote: View Post
                                They don't have a very good selection. Not enough huskies stuff, and not enough Kyle and demar stuff.
                                I want to get that hoodie PJ Tucker was wearing in his press conference when he got here but its not on the Raptors website.

Comment

Working...
                                X