No announcement yet.

Everything (2016-2017) Regular Season Game Threads

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I give the Celtics credit for being a "good" team (good relative to the rest of the East), but in a playoff series I'm like 95% sure they'd get beaten down by us, Wizards, or Cavs. I'd also take Atlanta in 6-7 over them.

Comment

• S.R. wrote: View Post
      Avery Bradley excuses after the last game, the Celtics' problem with the Raptors is they can't stop DeRozan or Lowry, no matter who they throw at them.

DeMar is averaging 36 ppg vs. Boston this year, 23 ppg last year, 30 ppg the year before... Boston can't stop him, and when the Raptors are healthy Bradley is assigned to Lowry and DeRozan gets Jae Crowder anyway. Avery Bradley missing last game didn't mean anything.
      And DeRozan scored 25, 20, and 28 points against the Pacers last year before the playoffs. You don't think the Celtics would adjust in a playoff series?

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
        After IT they have Bradley, Horford and Crowder.. all capable of scoring 15-20ppg. Amir, Olynyk and Smart aren't bad either. They do have the 8th best offense in the league.
        Thats my point, they are all complimentary players, who can score, but not enough to carry the offense. Isaiah is the focal point, it all revolves around him.

Comment

Sure.. but Raptors played them without Bradley who could help lock down DeMar (or Lowry) as well. Their offense revolves around IT, but at the end of the day their role players do show up. And not beating the great teams.. that's the Raptors MO.

Who have the Raptors beaten that were so great?
          Raptors beat Celtics without DeRozan then without Lowry, didn't they?

Who cares about Bradley? He's a pest and everything but at this point he's basically Norm Powell with more playing time and hype.
          Sunny ways my friends, sunny ways
          Because its 2015

Comment

And DeRozan scored 25, 20, and 28 points against the Pacers last year before the playoffs. You don't think the Celtics would adjust in a playoff series?
            I don't think Jae Crowder could do to DeMar in a playoff series what Paul George can do, at all.
            "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

I don't think Jae Crowder could do to DeMar in a playoff series what Paul George can do, at all.
              I'm kind of curious to know if DeMar has hit another level where he can "get his" against a defender the calibre of PG. His regular season play would indicate that he can, and he certainly is playing an all time high level of confidence.

Comment

• Uncle_Si wrote: View Post

Who cares about Bradley? He's a pest and everything but at this point he's basically Norm Powell with more playing time and hype.
                They also beat them when IT was injured. Bradley is their best rebounder and perimeter defender.

Comment

What was the excuse against Miami?

Comment

What was the excuse against Miami?
                    I'm getting lost on this stroll down the rabbit trail re: what the original point is. Are you arguing the Celtics would beat the Raptors in a playoff series?

Comment

I'm getting lost on this stroll down the rabbit trail re: what the original point is. Are you arguing the Celtics would beat the Raptors in a playoff series?
                      LOL... no that the Celtics are just as good as the Raptors.. and if they played each other in the playoffs it could go either way. Too many people are underestimating them.

Comment

LOL... no that the Celtics are just as good as the Raptors.. and if they played each other in the playoffs it could go either way. Too many people are underestimating them.
                        Got it.

I respect the Celtics as a well coached team, but I think the Raptors match up well against them. I'd take the Raptors in a series, it would be a disappointing but not a crazy upset if Boston won. A lot of outside analysts would pick Boston, I would think.

Comment

They also beat them when IT was injured. Bradley is their best rebounder and perimeter defender.
                          Their best rebounder is 6'4", another blemish on a flawed and not that good roster.

Like I said, the Celtics have one player that can beat you, and you can game plan for him and take him out of a game (especially in the playoffs).

The raptors have 4 players that can take over a game in the playoffs. Raps win, and are significantly better than the over rated (but well coached) Celtics.
                          Sunny ways my friends, sunny ways
                          Because its 2015

Comment

• One thing I'm worried about in this matchup is their 1-5 pick and roll with Schroeder and Dwight. Schroeder has been killing it lately and is one of the fastest guards in the league. JV is going to have his problems guarding it but if we take him out of the game Dwight will dominate us on the boards.

Comment

• Uncle_Si wrote: View Post

A.I wrote: View Post
                              Thats my point, they are all complimentary players, who can score, but not enough to carry the offense. Isaiah is the focal point, it all revolves around him.
                              If IT is your team's superstar then you are clearly a fool's gold team. Celtics don't worry me in the least in the playoffs.

S.R. wrote: View Post
                              Those long, mobile 6-9 type defenders like Otto Porter, used to give DeMar trouble. Jae Crowder is only 6-5, 6-6'ish with what appears to be an average wingspan, at best. Celtics really don't have an answer for DD.

Comment

• Wannabeeez....

Comment

Working...
                                X