Everything (2016-2017) Regular Season Game Threads

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• big boi wrote: View Post
    You don't know what you are talking about. Yes some bad reffing. Yes the block called a foul against Ibaka was a joke. But those are things we can't control. What we can control is having a plan that makes sense on offence. An offence that creates movement of players and ideally the ball, creates passing lanes and open shots.
    Buddy you don't know what you're talking about. I don't need a fuckin lesson in how an offense works in basketball from you lol. There were three calls there which were complete bs and which completely changed the end of this game. Yes I'd like more ball movement in general but this offense is built a certain way and has been top 10 in the league for years. It works a hell of a lot better with Lowry in there especially when we're short of three point shooters. We got a ton of open threes tonight but we need guys who can actually hit them.

Comment

• Too bad. Wasted a solid game by Joseph.

Comment

• Somebody get a wheelchair for Ol Man Carroll.

Comment

• We easily take this series if we get them in the Playoffs.

Comment

• ogi wrote: View Post
            Buddy you don't know what you're talking about. I don't need a fuckin lesson in how an offense works in basketball from you lol. There were three calls there which were complete bs and which completely changed the end of this game. Yes I'd like more ball movement in general but this offense is built a certain way and has been top 10 in the league for years. It works a hell of a lot better with Lowry in there especially when we're short of three point shooters. We got a ton of open threes tonight but we need guys who can actually hit them.
            yeah, and it has also failed against playoff defence and in "playoff-like" games time after time.

It's not a good offence. it's a bad offence made passable by tremendous individual scorers. but it can and should be rebuilt to be much more effective.

Comment

• Why was Carroll even on the court in the last few minutes? He was ice cold! Should've went with Powell.

Comment

• KHD wrote: View Post
                is the entire 4th quarter a tight situation? i would consider that a huge issue.
                I suggest you watch the entire fourth again

Comment

• Ball wrote: View Post
                  Why was Carroll even on the court in the last few minutes? He was ice cold! Should've went with Powell.
                  Need that veteran "experience" to close out games...

Comment

• And the warriors just lost to minny. I think everyone is in cruise mode til the playoffs and the seeds will fall where they may

Comment

• Jclaw wrote: View Post
                      And the warriors just lost to minny. I think everyone is in cruise mode til the playoffs and the seeds will fall where they may
                      Lets hope the Cavs are as well and fall to 2nd.

Comment

• Also took out JV... on a night where we really could've used some post-scoring and inside-out action. Didn't even try to run the offense through him for a good strech.

Comment

• A.I wrote: View Post
                          Lets hope the Cavs are as well and fall to 2nd.
                          does it really matter if we have to play them in the 2nd or the 3rd round if we get there? Either way presumably they're the team to beat to get to the finals.

I'm more concerned with getting lowry back at some point prior to Game 1, round 1 and getting an offence working properly.

Comment

• I wouldn't want to play the Hawks in the first round, especially if Lowry isn't 100%. That sounds like a potential first-round exit from the anemic offense we've seen.

Comment

• ogi wrote: View Post
                              Was that the I know you are but what am I defence? Nicely done. I didn't have too much problem with this specific game until Casey pulled JV in the 4th. They were struggling. They missed lots of open 3's. they missed lots of layups. But these things happen in basketball (as I am sure you know). Good teams still find ways to win. Our plan at the end has been the same as it has been for years. Often with poor results. Iso ball. I don my really blame Demar. He made some incredible shots this game. Couple times he could have passed but hey he has a clip to empty. I'm not looking at this game in isolation. I'm looking at the same fucking stupidity displayed by Casey all the fucking time. It's very frustrating. And this is with guys like JV and Ibaka playing great. I just want a coach that can help us get over the hump in games like this. And in playoff series. I have no confidence in Dwayne to do that. He is a below avawrage NBA head coach. We need a better coach.

Comment

• KHD wrote: View Post
                                yeah, and it has also failed against playoff defence and in "playoff-like" games time after time.

It's not a good offence. it's a bad offence made passable by tremendous individual scorers. but it can and should be rebuilt to be much more effective.
                                This years issues were by and large defensive ones not offensive including those playoff like games. And we're missing the one guy who drives this entire offense so yeah it's obviously gonna struggle. No team can brush off the fact that their most important player is missing. Cavs are shit without lebron. Gs can't get it together without kd. This is the NBA one guy makes a huge difference.

Comment

Working...
                                X