No announcement yet.

Everything (2016-2017) Regular Season Game Threads

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This will be a good test with McDermott to see if it's the Bulls organisation that we're cursed against or if it's just their players.

I feel pretty good about this match up, we've always done pretty well against the Thunder even when they had Durant and their lack of 3 point shooting really helps since we can't hit any 3s either.

Comment

• Odds on Doug mcbuckets scoring less than 20?
      "Stay steamy"

- Kobe

Comment

• Raptorsnz wrote: View Post
        This will be a good test with McDermott to see if it's the Bulls organisation that we're cursed against or if it's just their players.

I feel pretty good about this match up, we've always done pretty well against the Thunder even when they had Durant and their lack of 3 point shooting really helps since we can't hit any 3s either.

Comment

• white men can't jump wrote: View Post
          I really don't want to start a thing, but he's often been who we "hide" DeMar on.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
          Maybe so. But I recall him lighting up Carroll last game as well

hotfuzz wrote: View Post
          Odds on Doug mcbuckets scoring less than 20?
          1/100

Comment

• tDotted wrote: View Post
            Maybe so. But I recall him lighting up Carroll last game as well

1/100
            Though for many games this season Carroll has been as bad or worse than Demar on D.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Comment

• Comment

• rocwell wrote: View Post

This guy is so stuck up its annoying tbh. He think he's the coolest man on the planet. Also a ball hog who makes his teammates worse. Victor Oladipo like "I remember when I touched a basketball. It was fun once"
                9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• DC will start.

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
                    This guy is so stuck up its annoying tbh. He think he's the coolest man on the planet. Also a ball hog who makes his teammates worse. Victor Oladipo like "I remember when I touched a basketball. It was fun once"
                    Now we get an inkling why Durant left and didn't bother to leave a message to this supreme narcissist ...How would you like to have to come to the arena everyday with that..
                    Last edited by Demographic Shift; Thu Mar 16, 2017, 05:45 PM.
                    There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
                    - TGO

Comment

• ebrian wrote: View Post
                      I think I've reached the point in the season where, as a Raptors fan but also an NBA fan, I just want to see another triple double from Westbrook to keep that whole craziness going.

Also, go Raptors go. But mostly (and I hope I don't sound like a traitor) go Russ go.
                      No worries on Russ...he is vaguely aware that he has other players on the floor with him as he needs them for the 10 assists...Hell he might even know their names..but for damn sure no one on that team shares a taxi with this guy.
                      Last edited by Demographic Shift; Thu Mar 16, 2017, 05:45 PM.
                      There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
                      - TGO

Comment

• rocwell wrote: View Post
                        DC will start.
                        Yay

Comment

• Demographic Shift wrote: View Post
                          No worries on Russ...he is vaguely aware that he has other players on the floor with him as he needs them for the 10 assists...Hell he might even know their names..but for damn sure no one on that team shares a taxi with this guy.
                          Wow. I think he gets a bad rap. In the video above, what did he say that was bad? He dismissed a journalist's question that was clearly trying to provoke by basically saying Curry's opinion about who should win the MVP doesn't matter to him. And why should it?

I haven't seen much if anything about his teammates having an issue with him. On the contrary, Oladipo has glowed about him and Steven Adams and Enes Kanter just put out an hilarious appeal for Russ as MVP on Twitter.

I've never got the hate for this guy. He's intense, he wants to win more than anything, and in the process he pisses some people off. Other guys who were like that: Michael Jordan, Kobe Bryant, Karl Malone, Charles Barkley, Shaquille O'Neal...............
                          Definition of Statistics: The science of producing unreliable facts from reliable figures.

Comment

• jimmie wrote: View Post
                            Wow. I think he gets a bad rap. In the video above, what did he say that was bad? He dismissed a journalist's question that was clearly trying to provoke by basically saying Curry's opinion about who should win the MVP doesn't matter to him. And why should it?

I haven't seen much if anything about his teammates having an issue with him. On the contrary, Oladipo has glowed about him and Steven Adams and Enes Kanter just put out an hilarious appeal for Russ as MVP on Twitter.

I've never got the hate for this guy. He's intense, he wants to win more than anything, and in the process he pisses some people off. Other guys who were like that: Michael Jordan, Kobe Bryant, Karl Malone, Charles Barkley, Shaquille O'Neal...............
                            Yeah, using the above video as hate against Russ isn't great. It's a bait question, he shut it down.

Comment

• jimmie wrote: View Post

I first met Westbrook while writing an article for this magazine in 2012, and we did not exactly hit it off. He kept me waiting for over an hour for an interview that was spectacularly unproductive; despite my best efforts to keep our conversation going, it petered out in less than 10 minutes, some of which time Westbrook actually spent on the phone telling a friend that he was currently doing an interview but would be done with it very soon. It felt almost as if he were performing some kind of art project.

He shut down questions with ruthless efficiency. The P.R. staff had mentioned to me that Westbrook was famous in the organization for giving everyone nicknames: Alfalfa, Ace Ventura, Snakes on a Plane. I asked him what nicknames he’d given his teammates.

“Those are my secrets,” he said. “I don’t let out secrets.”

The most revealing thing took place afterward, when Westbrook went into the P.R. office to banter with the staff. He sat down to look over a stack of contracts. (Westbrook handles most of his own business; he often sits in the back of the practice facility to pay his bills.) He admired a new addition to the room — a big, free-standing, color-coded season schedule — and asked the P.R. guys if he could have it. They said no, they were using it to plan the season, but they would be happy to get another one printed out especially for him. Westbrook asked why he couldn’t just take this one right now, and then they could get another schedule printed for themselves. That way he wouldn’t have to wait. He was the player, he said. Shouldn’t he have priority?

Even in the middle of the P.R. office, in other words, Westbrook was having a P.R. problem. He was being a jerk.
                              https://www.google.ca/amp/s/mobile.n...brook.amp.html

Read the whole article. He's extremely self absorbed, but he's also ocd levels of organized and punctual. Very eccentric character.
                              9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• I like Casey's tie
                                OG is our king

Comment

Working...
                                X