No announcement yet.

Everything (2016-2017) Regular Season Game Threads

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I just don't understand how, in the middle of a playoff race, you need to have a team meeting about effort. Especially when you have D.C., COJO, IBAKA, PJ and NORM who are all "effort and tough" players. The fck is going on with this team.

I hate to turn to the coach, but your team losing motivation in a play off race is not a good look.

Also, there's about 10 other games Casey should be apologizing to fans about.
    Sunny ways my friends, sunny ways
    Because its 2015

Comment

• Uncle_Si wrote: View Post
      I just don't understand how, in the middle of a playoff race, you need to have a team meeting about effort. Especially when you have D.C., COJO, IBAKA, PJ and NORM who are all "effort and tough" players. The fck is going on with this team.

I hate to turn to the coach, but your team losing motivation in a play off race is not a good look.

Exactly. I can live with us losing without Lowry, especially against a good team, but this no effort thing is very similar to the 2014 team and as we all know that's not good. At this point in the season effort should not be the problem. That is definitely when you have to look at the coach. I knew our offence would be bad without Lowry but what we're seeing is unacceptable. They better get their shit together and quick. How they come out tonight against Detroit will say a lot about where this teams head is at
      I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

Comment

• GLF wrote: View Post
        Exactly. I can live with us losing without Lowry, especially against a good team, but this no effort thing is very similar to the 2014 team and as we all know that's not good. At this point in the season effort should not be the problem. That is definitely when you have to look at the coach. I knew our offence would be bad without Lowry but what we're seeing is unacceptable. They better get their shit together and quick. How they come out tonight against Detroit will say a lot about where this teams head is at
        It won't say shit about it. It's how they come out the rest of the season. They've played tough and gritty with Lowry at times and slow and lethargic just as often. That's the problem. Everyone expects them to come out pissed against the Pistons (especially after blowing that last game), it's the games after that that matter.
        Sunny ways my friends, sunny ways
        Because its 2015

Comment

• GLF wrote: View Post
          You are such a positive human being. I admire and wish I had half of it in me lol
          I mean there's being positive and then there's rationalizing away obvious problems.

Even without Kyle we should not be getting blown out at home to OKC. Not if we hope to contend. We shouldn't be losing by 15 to the Heat, or be losing at all to the Bucks.

The team realizes it and I'm glad they had a players only meeting. At least they're recognizing there are problems, which is the first step towards correcting them. I'd be more concerned if they kept excusing the losses on Kyle's absence. This shows pride and professionalism--or at least a step in that direction.

Comment

• Total embarrassment last night.

Comment

• Scraptor wrote: View Post
              I mean there's being positive and then there's rationalizing away obvious problems.

Even without Kyle we should not be getting blown out at home to OKC. Not if we hope to contend. We shouldn't be losing by 15 to the Heat, or be losing at all to the Bucks.

The team realizes it and I'm glad they had a players only meeting. At least they're recognizing there are problems, which is the first step towards correcting them. I'd be more concerned if they kept excusing the losses on Kyle's absence. This shows pride and professionalism--or at least a step in that direction.
              This! Players meeting is a good thing. It is not healthy or productive to get blown out and go "oh well, kyle will save us"
              9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• Uncle_Si wrote: View Post
                I just don't understand how, in the middle of a playoff race, you need to have a team meeting about effort. Especially when you have D.C., COJO, IBAKA, PJ and NORM who are all "effort and tough" players. The fck is going on with this team.

This! If you need a team meeting for you to put in effort this late into the season, something is very wrong with the entire team + coaching staff.
                "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

• Raptors @ Pistons March 17 7:30 SN1 (TV) TSN 1050 (radio)

You'd think this would be the Raps farewell to the Palace (and all the malice it has seen) but you know the NBA schedule...we're back there in 2 weeks. Let's call it the penultimate game in Auburn Hills.
                  Instead of the lineup, I'd like to guess who these guys are..

“That’s what we’re going to find out, we’re going to find seven or eight guys that are going to come out and compete,”
                  -Coach Casey

But, in lieu of that, the likely starters are...from the Motor City

(G) (G) (C) (F) (F)

Assuming our usual starters are included in the "7-8 guys who give a damn" group, we'll have
                  Joseph (G)
                  Derozan (G)
                  Carroll (F)
                  Ibaka (F)
                  Valanciunas (C)
                  (thought the post was already a little too picture heavy)

Keys to the game. Give a F@#*! and, in honour of today, let's channel the luck of the Irish

Comment

• Comment

• Jclaw wrote: View Post

You'd think this would be the Raps farewell to the Palace (and all the malice it has seen) but you know the NBA schedule...we're back there in 2 weeks. Let's call it the penultimate game in Auburn Hills.
                      Instead of the lineup, I'd like to guess who these guys are..

“That’s what we’re going to find out, we’re going to find seven or eight guys that are going to come out and compete,”
                      -Coach Casey

But, in lieu of that, the likely starters are...from the Motor City

(G) (G) (C) (F) (F)

Assuming our usual starters are included in the "7-8 guys who give a damn" group, we'll have
                      Joseph (G)
                      Derozan (G)
                      Carroll (F)
                      Ibaka (F)
                      Valanciunas (C)
                      (thought the post was already a little too picture heavy)

Keys to the game. Give a F@#*! and, in honour of today, let's channel the luck of the Irish

Like the Patrick O'Bryant reference.

Go Raps!

Actually, sort of hope we suck the rest of the season so that Masai is forced to make some moves in the off-season.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

Comment

• JV: "Thank you, Masai"

Masai: "I know you didn't want to go there,"

JV: "Nah. When I saw that Drummond and my face together, I was like... Please no"

Comment

• rocwell wrote: View Post
                          JV: "Thank you, Masai"

Masai: "I know you didn't want to go there,"

JV: "Nah. When I saw that Drummond and my face together, I was like... Please no"
                          Don't forget...Masai:" Hey...you're way better than Drummond"

Comment

• JamesNaismith wrote: View Post
                            Players only meeting only confirms what we have all thought for awhile now....Casey has lost the team.

Kyle made it clear before the trades and now the team is trying to win in spite of him.
                            No it doesn't mean he's lost the team, don't make it try and fit your narrative. Lots of teams have players only meetings.

Comment

• Maybe Kyle was the featured speaker...lol.

Comment

• Jclaw wrote: View Post
                                Don't forget...Masai:" Hey...you're way better than Drummond"
                                Wonder if Drummond saw that clip? not good if you're JV.
                                Mamba Mentality

Comment

Working...
                                X