Everything (2016-2017) Regular Season Game Threads

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• S.R. wrote: View Post
    Important to remember FVV is a 4th stringer who has only gotten minutes this year due to injury. People have actually argued injuries haven't been a big deal for the Raptors this year, but when you have to go 4 deep at a position you're in a bad spot.
    We're only going 4 deep at PG because we play 2 PG lineups as a standard option to limit turnovers and sometimes 3 PG lineups. That's a system/coaching decision that doesn't exist on other teams and a tradeoff with pros and cons. Even so, I see no reason to have a development PG as your 15th man. A backup PG is the cheapest trade commodity in the NBA... a 3rd string PG of Fred's calibre is basically available at any time.

Developing a 4th stringer with physical limitations and no clear recognizable elite NBA skill (like shooting or defense)? I have to give MU the benefit of the doubt here.... but it seems like Masai's definitely got a soft spot for scrappy underdogs. That said, I do love Fred's heart and hustle.

For the way we play, a combo guard PG/SG might be the better use of a roster spot, than a barely one position guy like Fred.
    Last edited by golden; Sat Mar 18, 2017, 10:53 AM.

Comment

• special1 wrote: View Post
      I don't understand all the hate for the young guys playing. I keep seeing posts saying stop playing FVV, Poetl, Siakem..... Isn't this what we always wanted?

We always wanted our rookies to get some burn..... People used to complain that Bruno wasn't getting played and he's (lol - what were you thinking asking for that).

These guys will all get better having this experience.

Someone said FVV is trash.... Are you kidding me? Yes, he has good games and bad ones, but the kid can play and is learning out there. I hope he makes you eat your words.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      not hating on the young guys, but we have another young PG who is 1) under our control long term and 2) has much higher potential + the physical tools. would rather play him through this trial by fire period as opposed to FVV.

Comment

• lewro wrote: View Post
        I'm a big fan of fvv but he is too small. He's fine at $500k to be used sparingly.
        I'm also happy to see the young guys play. Big picture, with our finances, we need them to step up.
        I feel bad for bebe but it happens.
        Marcus Stroman of the Blue Jays says it best....HDMH

"Height doesn't measure heart"

We see it with Lowry. We also saw it in reverse with Bargnani.

Comment

• Speaking of the young guys, I find it crazy that FVV is more willing to drive into the paint and attempt a shot than Wright is. It completely boggles my mind

Comment

• tDotted wrote: View Post
            Speaking of the young guys, I find it crazy that FVV is more willing to drive into the paint and attempt a shot than Wright is. It completely boggles my mind
            In defense of Delon (and I have seen him take it into the paint and to the rim in traffic) he is coming back from a nasty shoulder injury. Maybe he is just picking his spots now....can't blame him too much if he is a bit conscious about it.

Comment

• special1 wrote: View Post
              Marcus Stroman of the Blue Jays says it best....HDMH

"Height doesn't measure heart"

We see it with Lowry. We also saw it in reverse with Bargnani.

I'm not questioning his heart but height matters a lot more in bball than baseball.

Comment

• PACERS at RAPTORS Sun March 19 6pm SN1

With all due respect to Reggie Miller, about 22 years ago Rodney Rodgers did this..

https://youtu.be/TWbgolGRtpQ

Last night against the Raptors, the Pistons did this...

"Detroit scores just nine points in fourth quarter at home to fall one game out of playoff spot"
                -Detroit Free Press

Anyways, I'm 1-0 and hopefully it's not beginner's luck. Good game at the Palace last night and speaking of Malice..

...the Pacers are in town. Just 13 games left so let's see how we've done so far this year against our 2016 Playoff rivals. Oh...right. So, about 25% of the rest of our season is against this team. Let's meet them.

RIP (F)

CJ (G) Turner (C)

And these two guys

(I've got nothing)

Against your 2017 Toronto Tuckers! err...Raptors!

Joseph (G)
                Derozan (G)
                Carroll (F)
                Ibaka (F)
                Valanciunas (C)

Keys to the game?....

Comment

• Carry on Sgt. Jclaw...
                  One win in the bag from last night.....10 more to go.
                  There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
                  - TGO

Comment

• There's only 13 games left? Damn
                    The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

• 007 wrote: View Post
                      There's only 13 games left? Damn
                      Yeah mate it's March Madness. I feel depressed already.

Comment

• Comment

• That G5 against the Pacers last year probably was my favourite Raptors playoff game along with Vince's two 50 points games against the Sixers in 01. I mean, that G5 was just epic. What a comeback. What a performance by Norman Powell. DeRozan was GREAT too.

Last edited by The Great One; Sat Mar 18, 2017, 04:44 PM.
                          Mamba Mentality

Comment

• No idea where to put this but the NCAA tournament officiating makes anything the NBA does..including the Sacramento screw over...look incredibly professional and above board.

The only thing missing is a brownn paper bag full of Benjamin franklins being passed around and Father Pat from Semi pro calling a game.
                            There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
                            - TGO

Comment

• Gotta win this one.

I wish we had Tucker last post-season.. Norman Powell gave Paul George issues occasionally, imagine Tucker on him. Would've handled the Pacers in 5 games tops.

Comment

• Demographic Shift wrote: View Post
                                No idea where to put this but the NCAA tournament officiating makes anything the NBA does..including the Sacramento screw over...look incredibly professional and above board.

The only thing missing is a brownn paper bag full of Benjamin franklins being passed around and Father Pat from Semi pro calling a game.
                                There's a march madness thread in the sports junkies forums.

Comment

Working...
                                X