No announcement yet.

Everything (2016-2017) Regular Season Game Threads

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another thing is as much as Demar still does dumb shit and takes bad shots here and there he has improved soooo much offensively. 2 years ago we would never think Demar would be able to get 42 without Lowry on the floor. He is also moving the ball so much better and in the last 3 games his defence has been above average. He's also hit A LOT of huge shots since Lowry's been out. Something he could NEVER do before. We rag on Demar a lot me included but I think he deserves some love after this game. We as a fan base really do take him for granted because of his lack of defence. He's been great overall. Especially with Lowry out
    I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

Comment

• Scraptor wrote: View Post
      Jclaw = real MVP

And gets my vote for Game 1 of the playoffs game thread
      +1

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• Thank god Rondo realized he's not Curry and went back to being invisible.

Comment

• TRex wrote: View Post
          DeRozan was GREAT, incredible, amazing. But man, Tucker, Patterson, VanVleet, Joseph = WOW.

Tucker is just a bull man. His D on Butler late in the 4th was INCREDIBLE. Patterson's interior D in the 4th was a game changer. Joseph made some clutch shots, he's been great since the Lowry injury. And VanVleet I thought COMPLETELY changed the tempo of the game. I'm a BIG fan of this guy. He's quick, decent defender, and he plays HARD all the time.
          That was the thing. Van Vleet didn't really do anything to fill the stat sheet or anything that would blow your mind but the way he changed the tempo of the game mad a HUGE difference. Also his defence was amazing on Rondo. I have to give him a lot of credit. He also has the poise and calm about him that you wouldnt expect in a rookie. Patterson impressed me with his rim protection. We all know hes a very good positional defender but his rim protection is usually lacking. Not tonight man. He was everywhere. He literally looked like Ibaka out there.
          I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

Comment

• GLF wrote: View Post
            Another thing is as much as Demar still does dumb shit and takes bad shots here and there he has improved soooo much offensively. 2 years ago we would never think Demar would be able to get 42 without Lowry on the floor. He is also moving the ball so much better and in the last 3 games his defence has been above average. He's also hit A LOT of huge shots since Lowry's been out. Something he could NEVER do before. We rag on Demar a lot me included but I think he deserves some love after this game. We as a fan base really do take him for granted because of his lack of defence. He's been great overall. Especially with Lowry out
            Not just 42 points either, 7 boards and 8 assists. Sure he took some bad shots, but that does happen when you're the only star player. He played hard and well this game.

Comment

• Ball wrote: View Post
              Thank god Rondo realized he's not Curry and went back to being invisible.
              I knew HE would cool off. I didn't think the rest of the team would though lol

Comment

• Rondo couldn't do anything with vanvleet on him.Incredible defence by all 5 raptors in 4th quarter.

Comment

• JamesNaismith wrote: View Post
                  I have no idea how Casey can even validate not making Carroll his new JJ.
                  Cuz JJ needs the ball in his hands to be effective.

There's no way he could have gotten that here

I'm back. I no longer worship joe johnson

Comment

• Just said this in the PJ thread but Tucker may have been an even bigger acquisition than Ibaka.

Comment

• Three things that I didn't like about this game:

1. Ibaka is probably going to get suspended.
                      2. Casey's rotation - The all bench unit needs to stop. Poeltl, PP, Tucker, Powell, Wright. C'mon man.
                      3. Norman Powell - Wtf is wrong with this guy. He just shoots everytime he catches the ball. Ridiculous shots too. It's not even funny anymore. This guy needs to know his role.
                      Mamba Mentality

Comment

• Gonzz wrote: View Post
                        Rondo couldn't do anything with vanvleet on him.Incredible defence by all 5 raptors in 4th quarter.
                        Van fleets hedges on butler were actually EXTREMLY key. The guy quick

I'm back. I no longer worship joe johnson

Comment

• A.I wrote: View Post
                          Not just 42 points either, 7 boards and 8 assists. Sure he took some bad shots, but that does happen when you're the only star player. He played hard and well this game.
                          Exactly. He has improved leaps and bounds when it comes to cutting down on the amount of bad shots he takes. And with Lowry out I can definitely accept the 3 or 4 bad shots he may take a night. Before it used to be like half of his shot attempts lol. He's also improved sooooo much with his efficiency. Something we all used to rag on him for YEARS. Even with Lowry out his efficiency has been great. He could have never done that before.

Comment

• yabadabayolo wrote: View Post

Agreed. He did an amazing job defensively.

Comment

• yabadabayolo wrote: View Post

That was a nice adjustment by the Raps to take the ball out of the hands of Butler. I'd like to see more of that against opposition star players.

Comment

• TRex wrote: View Post
                                Three things that I didn't like about this game:

1. Ibaka is probably going to get suspended.
                                2. Casey's rotation - The all bench unit needs to stop. Poeltl, PP, Tucker, Powell, Wright. C'mon man.
                                3. Norman Powell - Wtf is wrong with this guy. He just shoots everytime he catches the ball. Ridiculous shots too. It's not even funny anymore. This guy needs to know his role.
                                Yea Norman has been VERY up and down. Also I can live with Ibaka being suspended as long as its only ONE game. The all bench unit HAS to go but he clearly isn't going to give that up until Lowry comes back. Typical Casey.

Comment

Working...
                                X