No announcement yet.

Everything (2016-2017) Regular Season Game Threads

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oh yeah, shout out to PATTERSON for a great underrated game as well. CLUTCH blocks in the 4th Q/OT and a CLUTCH put-back in the final minute. Welcome back Patman

Comment

• GLF wrote: View Post
      I knew HE would cool off. I didn't think the rest of the team would though lol
      Lol when Mirotic came back in the 4th, I thought we were goners. I thought he'd be making fadeaway 3's and shit like that.

Comment

• TRex wrote: View Post
        Three things that I didn't like about this game:

3. Norman Powell - Wtf is wrong with this guy. He just shoots everytime he catches the ball. Ridiculous shots too. It's not even funny anymore. This guy needs to know his role.
        That's really whats bugged me a bit about Norm this year....

He seems to be wanting to emulate DeMar's game and not sticking to his own role.

What made him a great addition was his DEFENCE, 3pt shot (in the rhythm of the offence) and not allowing the defence to set up when a pass is swung his way so he can drive quickly down the lane.

Now Norm thinks he's DeMar, steps back, goes behind or asks for a screen, allows the defence to try and set up but doesn't seem to realize he lacks ALL the moves, hesitations, footwork and shot creation DeMar has in the mid range. There is so much refinement and understanding of the game Norm doesn't seem to realize that he doesn't know yet. He can't play like DeMar until he's nailed down those techniques and that takes years of work and progress....not a summer.

He needs to get back to his role which starts with defence and ends with playing within the flow of the game. Not trying to create it like DeMar....he's not good enough yet to do so.

Comment

• JamesNaismith wrote: View Post

He seems to be wanting to emulate DeMar's game and not sticking to his own role.

What made him a great addition was his DEFENCE, 3pt shot (in the rhythm of the offence) and not allowing the defence to set up when a pass is swung his way so he can drive quickly down the lane.

Now Norm thinks he's DeMar, steps back, goes behind or asks for a screen, allows the defence to try and set up but doesn't seem to realize he lacks ALL the moves, hesitations, footwork and shot creation DeMar has in the mid range. There is so much refinement and understanding of the game Norm doesn't seem to realize that he doesn't know yet. He can't play like DeMar until he's nailed down those techniques and that takes years of work and progress....not a summer.

He needs to get back to his role which starts with defence and ends with playing within the flow of the game. Not trying to create it like DeMar....he's not good enough yet to do so.
          I think him being the main guy off the bench is part of the problem as well because he's being asked to do to much. Hopefully when Lowry comes back and we stop playing those all bench lineups he will look better out there.
          I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

Comment

It might be the role card Casey's given him. When he's a starter, he plays alot more naturally and within his role as you said. But with these all-bench lineups, he seems to play like Demar and not to great results, probably to compensate for the lack of offense in that line-up.

Comment

• Can I just say nights like this make being a nutty sports fanatic all worth it. Losing streaks and piss poor losses leave you like "this isn't even fun" but then games like THIS leave with you a feeling non sports fans didn't have that night.

Current status: loud music, cold beer, still smiling
              9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• Last edited by c-troop; Tue Mar 21, 2017, 10:56 PM.

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
                  Can I just say nights like this make being a nutty sports fanatic all worth it. Losing streaks and piss poor losses leave you like "this isn't even fun" but then games like THIS leave with you a feeling non sports fans didn't have that night.

Current status: loud music, cold beer, still smiling
                  Current status:

Mamba Mentality

Comment

• TRex wrote: View Post
                    Current status:

I couldn't come up with a worse pizza & beer combo if I tried.

But the raps beat the bulls, so to each his own. Enjoy.
                    Last edited by Chefff; Tue Mar 21, 2017, 11:02 PM.

Comment

I have no idea how Casey can even validate not making Carroll his new JJ.
                      Carroll's only averaged 20 minutes per game the last 3 games with Tucker averaging 28, I think that's a decent distribution. Tucker's minutes will probably increase in the playoffs. Who starts the game doesn't really matter, but I'd rather have Tucker out there with the bench in the 2nd quarter with Carroll.

I thought Carroll played pretty decent today, he was the only one passing to JV and somehow found him 3 assists in pick and rolls. Plus he got 2 threes.

Comment

• Chefff wrote: View Post
                        I couldn't come up with a worse pizza & beer combo if I tried.

But the raps beat the bulls, so to each his own. Enjoy.
                        Stop hating.
                        Mamba Mentality

Comment

• no joke i had pineapple pizza for dinner and the raps beat the bulls. its a sign.

Comment

• Most entertaining game of the year by far. Nothing like punches thrown, curses broken and comeback wins! Since the Oklahoma embarrassment I'm proud of how we've played. Hopefully the fighting spirit continues!

PS Serge said he's ok.

Comment

• Ibaka on the fight:
                              “What happened is, we were playing physical basketball and he got frustrated. It’s basketball,” Ibaka said. “That thing happened where you just start push each other, like always happens when there’s contact, and then he throws a punch. You know, like a man, I had to defend myself. I’m not just going to be out there and watch a man like him punch me and just walk away. I had to defend myself. So that’s what happened.”

Ibaka said this wasn’t something that had been developing all game beyond regular physicality, and he said Lopez was the first to get mad, slapping the ball out of his hands after some bumping.

With Ibaka confirming his wrist is just fine following the scuffle, attention turns to what supplementary discipline may come Ibaka’s way. There isn’t a great recent precedent for a situation exactly like this, though there are some vaguely similar incidents that led to one-game suspensions. The safer bet here is two or three games. Ibaka didn’t answer directly, but he was steadfast in repeating that he was only acting out of self-defense.

“I just hope the league will do a better job to watch. Because if that was me, we would not get to that point, punching and stuff,” he said. “I know it’s basketball, sometimes we can talk trash or push each other. Punching like that, there’s no room, I think. I want to play basketball, I don’t want to get suspended. The fact that he’s talking to me first and like a man I respond and protect myself.”
                              Exactly like I said. 1 game max and Better be less games than lopez
                              9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
                                Ibaka on the fight:

Exactly like I said. 1 game max and Better be less games than lopez
                                Watched the replay again. Ibaka bumped into Lopez coming down on the rebound. Yeah, okay that's just part of the game. Then Lopez loses his shit and initiates the aggression. Like come on, 1 game max seems pretty reasonable!

Comment

Working...
                                X