Everything (2016-2017) Regular Season Game Threads

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ball wrote: View Post
    My guess is this was before the trades for Ibaka and Tucker. Before that, I'd already agreed this team was looking like it was headed towards a first-round exit.
    I totally don't disagree. How much longer could our team handle Carroll, BeBe, an unready Siakam, and a cottonelle toughness of Ross? This team could have been an 8th seed if Ibaka and Tucker didn't show up and amped up the culture of the team

Comment

• rocwell wrote: View Post

I blame it mainly on Carroll...not even trying to be mean but the guy is just broken. He will never be as quick as he once was and it hurts us in so many ways. I also think JV's poor perimeter defence on PnRs is a disaster for us and our team doesn't know what to do with themselves if they (ever) dump the ball down low to him and JV never really improved his ability to pass out of the post. Our guards only like the lob on a high PnR, if not it's obvious we prefer a guy like Pat or Serge that can step out of the lane to clear it out for the guards and then pitch it out.

Despite Masai's "you're better than Drummond" spiel, I'd be surprised if JV is still here next year. I think him and Corey are as good as gone to have the cap space to bring back KL, PJ and Ibaka. It's too bad there's not likely any takers for Carroll without us having to give up a pick.

Comment

• Game #74: Orlando Magic 112 - Toronto Raptors 131

Obviously we can't count on defending champions to help us out so let's just keep playing hard (and winning!). I joked in the last thread about it being nice if they could keep teams to under 90 pts and they did it again. Well done Raptors. So here's a game that was always marked on the calendar as a (second) homecoming for a favourite ex Raptor but now it's the "Welcome back Terry" game. So let's welcome him and his team from

The Biz-magic Kingdom

If I asked, which Eastern team has won 3 of their last 4 games, would the Magic come to mind? Sure they were against, Detroit, Phoenix and Philly but wins are wins (especially following a stretch of losing 5 of 6). But win or lose, the 20% ex Raptors (aka Orlando Magic) have scored an average of 107 pts over their last 7. Under 90 may be tough but someone on that team is going to get Tucked. Here are the candidates

(PG)

(SG)

(SF)
        That's right....don't be bringing that blue headband to the ACC..and welcome back!

(PF)

(C)

And, for your Toronto Raptors...

Joseph (PG)
        Derozan (SG)
        Carroll (but really Tucker) (SF)
        Ibaka (SF)
        Valanciunas (C)

Keys to the game?...

Keep On Truckin'

Comment

• I hope tross gets a warm welcome.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• What are the odds of a Ross to Biyombo alley-oop?
            The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

• Ross deserves a standing O

Hope he does well there

Comment

• Harden is MVP. If anyone else gets it, it would be one of the biggest MVP snubs of all tyme

I'm back. I no longer worship joe johnson

Comment

• Refs don't like Kentucky

Comment

• Lol Clippers choked so bad

Comment

• Easy W

Comment

• rocwell wrote: View Post
                        Lol Clippers choked so bad
                        Here's to them hopefully helping our pick down the stretch
                        The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

• yabadabayolo wrote: View Post
                          Harden is MVP. If anyone else gets it, it would be one of the biggest MVP snubs of all tyme

His supporting cast is way better

Comment

• Clippers gonna Clippers. Doc Rivers, most overrated coach in the NBA. Yeah i said it.
                            Mamba Mentality

Comment

• Miami not doing us any favors. If Celtics finish 1st, then we'd better hope Wizards keep winning and stay 3rd.

Comment

• TRex wrote: View Post
                                Clippers gonna Clippers. Doc Rivers, most overrated coach in the NBA. Yeah i said it.
                                I said this 3 years ago lol
                                Abbas wrote:

First of all i was my own source

Comment

Working...
                                X