No announcement yet.

Everything (2016-2017) Regular Season Game Threads

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I dont care where we finish as long as we get the Celtics 2nd rd.

Comment

• JamesNaismith wrote: View Post
      I dont care where we finish as long as we get the Celtics 2nd rd.
      We are going to torch them if we get them second round and Kyle is being Kyle
      SPECIAL REPORT: March 27th, 2017, it is now confirmed Lebron James has had both his back and his dignity broken by the vicious swinging right elbow of ruthless heavyweight PF and notorious bad-boy David Lee

Comment

• What I find somewhat incredible is if we win just 5 more games of the 8 (toughest left on paper is MIA and CLE) we could actually finish a 50W team despite that absolutely atrocious stretch!

Comment

• Brian Scallabrine wrote: View Post
          We are going to torch them if we get them second round and Kyle is being Kyle
          The one thing you should never underestimate is Playoff LeBron.

But the one ace in the hole we have this year is PJ The LeBron Stopper.

Comment

• Scraptor wrote: View Post
            The one thing you should never underestimate is Playoff LeBron.

But the one ace in the hole we have this year is PJ The LeBron Stopper.
            I was talking about torching the Celtics tho
            SPECIAL REPORT: March 27th, 2017, it is now confirmed Lebron James has had both his back and his dignity broken by the vicious swinging right elbow of ruthless heavyweight PF and notorious bad-boy David Lee

Comment

• JamesNaismith wrote: View Post
              What I find somewhat incredible is if we win just 5 more games of the 8 (toughest left on paper is MIA and CLE) we could actually finish a 50W team despite that absolutely atrocious stretch!
              Beating CLE would be so sweet, especially after being owned by them this season, and the implications for the standings would be huge

Comment

• Brian Scallabrine wrote: View Post
                I was talking about torching the Celtics tho
                Sorry, I'm an idiot.

Comment

• that line up of JV, Ibaka and Tucker is just plain mean. How many times did they hit Evan Fournier lol?! That was awesome.

Comment

• Comment

• Comment

• Cleveland now 19-18 since the Kyle Korver trade. Amazing what's happening with them.

Comment

• Rudy Bargnani wrote: View Post
                          Cleveland now 19-18 since the Kyle Korver trade. Amazing what's happening with them.
                          My opinion - they are making the same mistakes Lebron teams always make a few years in, they just throw whatever players, too often one dimensional and too often name recognition guys who are past their prime, and everyone lazily thinks that everything will be alright because Lebron. Well at some point there is a tipping point where even Lebron + flawed roster is NOT better than the other top teams.

I called out the Korver trade when it was getting so much hype, the Cavs actually already had a bevy of shooters who couldn't defend and imho did not really need another one. Just think, they could actually put out an Irving/Korver/Lebron/Love/Frye lineup that could shoot tons of threes and would be AWFUL on defence. Too much "spacing!" "three point shooting!" oversimplified hype. Great teams have to play defence, period. The Cavs have had a middling defence at best all year and are even worse right now.

All that said - Lebron is still Lebron and gets the benefit of the doubt in the East until someone proves they can dethrone him. But this is the most flawed a Lebron team has looked late in the regular season in a long, long time.
                          "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• S.R. wrote: View Post
                            My opinion - they are making the same mistakes Lebron teams always make a few years in, they just throw whatever players, too often one dimensional and too often name recognition guys who are past their prime, and everyone lazily thinks that everything will be alright because Lebron. Well at some point there is a tipping point where even Lebron + flawed roster is NOT better than the other top teams.

I called out the Korver trade when it was getting so much hype, the Cavs actually already had a bevy of shooters who couldn't defend and imho did not really need another one. Just think, they could actually put out an Irving/Korver/Lebron/Love/Frye lineup that could shoot tons of threes and would be AWFUL on defence. Too much "spacing!" "three point shooting!" oversimplified hype. Great teams have to play defence, period. The Cavs have had a middling defence at best all year and are even worse right now.

All that said - Lebron is still Lebron and gets the benefit of the doubt in the East until someone proves they can dethrone him. But this is the most flawed a Lebron team has looked late in the regular season in a long, long time.
                            It's hard for me right now to believe they are even capable of playing good D. They have only one or two + defenders on the roster. That being said, they were able to figure out how to defend the Warriors last season, and the roster isn't that much different. But the idea of flipping the switch somehow seems like more of a challenge for this team. It's gonna be interesting to see how all this plays out, but as a Raptors fan it's encouraging, because even if we cannot get past them this year, you gotta wonder where the Cavs will go from here. And our future looks as bright as ever despite the free agency decisions looming in the offseason.

Comment

• JawsGT wrote: View Post
                              It's hard for me right now to believe they are even capable of playing good D. They have only one or two + defenders on the roster. That being said, they were able to figure out how to defend the Warriors last season, and the roster isn't that much different. But the idea of flipping the switch somehow seems like more of a challenge for this team. It's gonna be interesting to see how all this plays out, but as a Raptors fan it's encouraging, because even if we cannot get past them this year, you gotta wonder where the Cavs will go from here. And our future looks as bright as ever despite the free agency decisions looming in the offseason.
                              The thing that scares me is that two years ago Lebron took essentially a d league team to 6 games with the warriors. I get they are struggling this year, but I really don't think any team in the east will be able to handle them (even as they are right now).

Comment

• mjt20mik wrote: View Post
                                The thing that scares me is that two years ago Lebron took essentially a d league team to 6 games with the warriors. I get they are struggling this year, but I really don't think any team in the east will be able to handle them (even as they are right now).
                                I think one thing that may be apparent for some teams is that the Cavs appear to be vulnerable. So rather than walking into the arena with the mentality of trying not to get embarrassed on the court, teams may have confidence that they can come in and be competitive against them, and actually win.

Comment

Working...
                                X