No announcement yet.

Everything (2016-2017) Regular Season Game Threads

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This game was lost when Casey put Ibaka in to start the 3rd. He had 4 fouls, and we had enough success playing big in the 3rd that he could've easily tried to buy 2-3 minutes with Poeltl. The move guaranteed that it would be really hard to play JV and Ibaka together for a long stretch even if Ibaka didn't quickly pick up his 5th. JV played the whole 3rd so even optimistically we all know he wouldn't get back in until at least 6-7 minutes left), and Ibaka was probably not going to play the whole 4th (though with Casey that may have been the plan). Our best defensive units tonight were with both on the court.

Momentum completely shifted in those first few minutes of the 4th.

Comment

• hotfuzz wrote: View Post
      Westbrook is an insane motherfucker. What the fuck does this guy eat?
      He must have heart rate of 130 (as normal).

Comment

• Jclaw wrote: View Post
        Thanks Bucks? I think.
        Why did you take your foot off the pedal
        OG is our king

Comment

• Why would we not have fouled on the last possession?? Worst case they make both and it's a ft game or we go for a 3

Comment

• Bonus Jonas wrote: View Post
            Why would we not have fouled on the last possession?? Worst case they make both and it's a ft game or we go for a 3
            Or even just deny the 3 point shot at all costs and possibly allow a driving 2... aghh

Who is nominated for the next game thread/our new winning streak?
            SPECIAL REPORT: March 27th, 2017, it is now confirmed Lebron James has had both his back and his dignity broken by the vicious swinging right elbow of ruthless heavyweight PF and notorious bad-boy David Lee

Comment

• Why is everyone so angry? That's about as good as a team can play and lose. They were solid throughout (the offence took a good while to get off the ground), with only a few spotty stretches until the 4th. And it wasn't bad defence in the 4th, the Hornets just caught fire. JV was great, DeMar was good, Cory was solid on both ends, Delon looked very good. Ibaka was OK except for the fouls, Carroll was more invisible than bad so that's a step up, Tucker was hitting his shots and defending well even if he couldn't affect Belinelli for some reason, Powell and Poeltl were pretty invisible, as was Pat.

Shrug this one off, move on. Not much you can do. Sure, ideally you don't run out that stupid all bench lineup (all lineups with neither DD nor JV ran up a -12 in 9 minutes) and your lead is big enough to absorb that nutty shooting... But besides the obvious, there's not much you can do.
              twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• Well the run had to end sometime.

I'm just ready to get Kyle back sometime soon. Ideally I'd like for him to get his game legs under him before the playoffs start.

Comment

• Of course we lose the same night the Wizards lose, classic.

The Hornets shot 9-11 in the 4th, plus the last 30s of the third. A decent amount were open but that's still an insane percentage.

Comment

• The Harry Potters and the Leprechauns both lost as well so not a big deal.
                    Mamba Mentality

Comment

• This is why betting on the NBA is fucking hard. 44 fucking points. Are you kidding me?

I wouldn't be angry but this just CAN'T HAPPEN if you're playing tired team. Especially in 4th quarter.

Comment

• We can just blame Carroll until further notice. lol. Am I imagining things, or do we almost always win when he's out of the lineup?

Comment

• Another slow start. And another loss to a team on the 2nd night of a B2B.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post
                            We can just blame Carroll until further notice. lol. Am I imagining things, or do we almost always win when he's out of the lineup?
                            We're 7-3 without him this year. Slightly better win rate than our overall season number (70% vs 60%).
                            twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• Nilanka wrote: View Post
                              Another slow start. And another loss to a team on the 2nd night of a B2B.
                              Yeah.. that's what stings the most. Raptors were rested and at home.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
                                Yeah.. that's what stings the most. Raptors were rested and at home.
                                Ha. I get it.
                                twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Working...
                                X