Everything (2016-2017) Regular Season Game Threads

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
    Raptors should troll us for like 16 minutes tomorrow and announce kyle had a complication and will be out until the fall with another surgery

Actually no no they definitely should not do that
    LOL 16 whole minutes. That would be catastrophic.

Comment

• tDotted wrote: View Post
      LOL 16 whole minutes. That would be catastrophic.
      GLF would have a heart attack and DanH would have alread mapped out minute distribution in 16 minutes
      9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• Ebonhawke wrote: View Post
        As a distraction between now and the game, you can play Ms. Pacman on your phone today by opening up the Google Maps app.
        that worked. thx

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
          I don't think that logic follows with those guys. They are only expected to shoot after the defence collapses and they are found somewhat to wide open anyway.
          How so?
          If all you ever do is the catch and shoot and never put the ball on the floor and go why would a defender just not crowd you each and every time. If you show you will go then the defender has to consider that and you get the gap you need to get a shot off.

I am talking about Carroll and Tucker. It may not be elegant as they plow in but it sets the possibility they will go. The low per cent age scoring they get off the drive helps set up the catch and shoot which they are better at.

Just like passing is in vogue right now in the NFL..but you still have to run the ball occasionally to keep the linebackers from coming on a jailbreak blitz every down even if statistically passing is a better option than running.
          Last edited by Demographic Shift; Fri Mar 31, 2017, 03:24 PM.
          There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
          - TGO

Comment

GLF would have a heart attack and DanH would have alread mapped out minute distribution in 16 minutes

lmao for real!
            I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

Comment

• Demographic Shift wrote: View Post
              How so?
              If all you ever do is the catch and shoot and never put the ball on the floor and go why would a defender just not crowd you each and every time. If you show you will go then the defender has to consider that and you get the gap you need to get a shot off.
              Because their shots don't come with players on them - their shots come when their man helps onto someone else penetrating into the paint. The choice for the defender isn't "you don't drive so I'll crowd you because you just shoot," it's "I'll crowd you in spite of my correct defensive rotation being to tag the roll man, giving up a layup because I didn't do my job."

The choice Carroll and Tucker are making is catching the ball, if they are open, they either shoot or they hesitate long enough for a defender to run them off the line (and then drive the ball); or if they are covered (ie the closeout happened as they caught the ball), they either shoot a contested shot, drive, or pass the ball along the perimeter to re-set the play. I'm saying that in both scenarios, driving the ball, for these guys, is the worst decision they can make. If they catch the ball and have any day light at all to shoot, they should be shooting immediately. If they are covered, they should be quick-swinging the ball (odds are good the defence is scrambling if they've gotten to the corner/arc to contest the three) along the perimeter so someone who can dribble above a kindergarden level can attack the moving defence.
              twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

For the record, I might also have a heart attack.
                twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• This is really off topic lol. But there's a Tar Heel player named Seventh Woods. Gotta be the coolest name ever!
                  Mamba Mentality

Comment

• TRex wrote: View Post
                    This is really off topic lol. But there's a Tar Heel player named Seventh Woods. Gotta be the coolest name ever!

Comment

• TRex wrote: View Post
                      This is really off topic lol. But there's a Tar Heel player named Seventh Woods. Gotta be the coolest name ever!

Comment

• Jclaw wrote: View Post
                        What a useless club lol

Comment

• KHD wrote: View Post
                          lol
                          Mamba Mentality

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
                            Because their shots don't come with players on them - their shots come when their man helps onto someone else penetrating into the paint. The choice for the defender isn't "you don't drive so I'll crowd you because you just shoot," it's "I'll crowd you in spite of my correct defensive rotation being to tag the roll man, giving up a layup because I didn't do my job."

The choice Carroll and Tucker are making is catching the ball, if they are open, they either shoot or they hesitate long enough for a defender to run them off the line (and then drive the ball); or if they are covered (ie the closeout happened as they caught the ball), they either shoot a contested shot, drive, or pass the ball along the perimeter to re-set the play. I'm saying that in both scenarios, driving the ball, for these guys, is the worst decision they can make. If they catch the ball and have any day light at all to shoot, they should be shooting immediately. If they are covered, they should be quick-swinging the ball (odds are good the defence is scrambling if they've gotten to the corner/arc to contest the three) along the perimeter so someone who can dribble above a kindergarden level can attack the moving defence.
                            Statisticaly you are likely right... but the game isn't played on the floor that way.... its played at speed by the best there is making split second decisions.
                            These players.. even the statistically inept ones ... are really really good and they all like to and can score taking the ball inside. Its what they have done since they first started playing... if you see a lane.. put the ball on the floor and get to the basket for a layup/dunk or a foul. You do it so the defense respects that aspect of your game and to keep them off balance.

It may look like they dribble at a kindergarten level but if your out there on the floor its a tad better than that. I used to think the same kinda thing about some guys skating abililty.. till my first game in Peterborough in junior. It even sounded fast.

Analytics is great ...but its not the be all and end all.

aps pick up the W tonight as they are pissed they let one get away against Charlotte ...
                            Last edited by Demographic Shift; Fri Mar 31, 2017, 05:21 PM.
                            There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
                            - TGO

Comment

• Demographic Shift wrote: View Post
                              Statisticaly you are likely right... but the game isn't played on the floor that way.... its played at speed by the best there is making split second decisions.
                              These players.. even the statistically inept ones ... are really really good and they all like to and can score taking the ball inside. Its what they have done since they first started playing... if you see a lane.. put the ball on the floor and get to the basket for a layup/dunk or a foul. You do it so the defense respects that aspect of your game and to keep them off balance.

It may look like they dribble at a kindergarten level but if your out there on the floor its a tad better than that. I used to think the same kinda thing about some guys skating abililty.. till my first game in Peterborough in junior. It even sounded fast.

Analytics is great ...but its not the be all and end all.

aps pick up the W tonight as they are pissed they let one get away against Charlotte ...
                              A point that needs reminding. It's all relative. Carrolls handles would like Westbrooks do in a YMCA gym

Comment

A point that needs reminding. It's all relative. Carrolls handles would like Westbrooks do in a YMCA gym

Brian Scalabrine is sick of all of you chumps saying that you can beat him in basketball. So we found some of the best ballers in Boston to go one-on-one with the White Mamba, so he could prove once and for all that even the last guy on a pro basketball bench is still better than you.

Comment

Working...
                                X