No announcement yet.

Everything (2016-2017) Regular Season Game Threads

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• In the 'who'd have thunk it' category, after the first half, Harden and Curry have a COMBINED 12 points and 10 assists.

Shaqtin' A Fool Hall of Fame member JaVale McGee has 13 points in just 6 minutes.

Comment

• Now we put our heads down and win out. Take us there DanH.

Comment

• Ebonhawke wrote: View Post
        In the 'who'd have thunk it' category, after the first half, Harden and Curry have a COMBINED 12 points and 10 assists.

Shaqtin' A Fool Hall of Fame member JaVale McGee has 13 points in just 6 minutes.
        The MVP race has a new contender.

Comment

• yabadabayolo wrote: View Post
          I wish jv shot tht three lmao

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
          In trying to find a "soon" gif to respond to this, I stumbled across one of the weirder gifs I think I've seen:

Comment

• Anyone have the video of the JV pump fake at the 3pt line. I missed the game and want to know what everyone is talking about.

Comment

• Woo! Heck of a game! DeRozan is getting scarily consistent. Can't imagine what the floor will look like to him when Lowry is back. Not a defender in sight, I imagine. Another heroic game from him. First star.

But by the skin of his teeth. Holy crap, is someone putting something in JV's half time Gatorade? This game got blown open in the third and JV was the main reason why (a few randomly good minutes from Carroll doesn't hurt either). What a performance. Two competing theories on his improved defence late in the year this year and last - either he really is a playoff player, and he's getting revved up mentally, or he's just working himself into peak shape during the season and tends to hit "lean and quick" right around the end of March. Or a combination of the two. Either way, keep it up big fella.

Off night for a few bench guys. Tucker hit his shots, but also had a couple bad decisions with the ball and struggled guarding George (not that that's exactly an easy task). Powell and Poeltl were pretty bad on both ends. Wright more than made up for them, though (man alive his potential is sky high), and Pat was solid. Cory was decent, Carroll had one of his best games in a while, Ibaka got confused a few time on defence but was popping nicely on offence and did well on the boards.

Great job. Let's keep it rolling.
              twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• wall-e wrote: View Post
                Anyone have the video of the JV pump fake at the 3pt line. I missed the game and want to know what everyone is talking about.
                https://www.reddit.com/r/torontorapt...ull_of_an_air/

Comment

• Game 77: Philadelphia 76ers 105 - Toronto Raptors 113

Probable Starters

Toronto
                  PG - Cory Joseph
                  SG - DeMar DeRozan
                  SF - DeMarre Carroll
                  PF - Serge Ibaka
                  C - Jonas Valanciunas

Philly (happy now?)
                  PG - TJ McConnell
                  SG - Gerald Henderson?
                  SF - Timothe Luwawu
                  PF - Dario Saric
                  C - Richaun Holmes

Performance tracker: odds of Raptors winning game = 73%

Fun facts:

- Philadelphia is bad. They lose a lot. Let's keep it that way.

- Philadelphia is also hurt. They are missing Embiid, Simmons, Rodriguez, Okafor, Bayless, Covington and maybe Splitter.

- So, no excuses in this one. Professional effort = a win. Make it happen.

Standings watch:

1. Boston Celtics - 49-27 (.645)
                  2. Cleveland Cavaliers - 48-27 (.640) | 0.5 GB
                  3. Toronto Raptors - 46-30 (.605) | 3 GB
                  4. Washington Wizards - 46-30 (.605) | 3 GB

One more win or Bucks loss and we've clinched home court in the first round.
                  twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• The only match up that favors PHI is Henderson over DeRozan, am I right?!

#proveem

Comment

• I expect a bloody massacre by the Raptors, If Bruno isn't playing at least a full 5 minutes in the 4th quarter then it means the Raptors screwed up because this cannot be a close game.

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
                        Woo! Heck of a game! DeRozan is getting scarily consistent. Can't imagine what the floor will look like to him when Lowry is back. Not a defender in sight, I imagine. Another heroic game from him. First star.

But by the skin of his teeth. Holy crap, is someone putting something in JV's half time Gatorade? This game got blown open in the third and JV was the main reason why (a few randomly good minutes from Carroll doesn't hurt either). What a performance. Two competing theories on his improved defence late in the year this year and last - either he really is a playoff player, and he's getting revved up mentally, or he's just working himself into peak shape during the season and tends to hit "lean and quick" right around the end of March. Or a combination of the two. Either way, keep it up big fella.

Off night for a few bench guys. Tucker hit his shots, but also had a couple bad decisions with the ball and struggled guarding George (not that that's exactly an easy task). Powell and Poeltl were pretty bad on both ends. Wright more than made up for them, though (man alive his potential is sky high), and Pat was solid. Cory was decent, Carroll had one of his best games in a while, Ibaka got confused a few time on defence but was popping nicely on offence and did well on the boards.

Great job. Let's keep it rolling.
                        yeah JV looking really good lately, and the PnR with Demar is showing signs of what we want it to be. Wright has been playing some great ball lately too, really excited about him. Alot like how I felt about Powell last season. And what the hell is going on with him lately? He just doesn't seem engaged and even his D has slipped. But good decision by the coaching staff to give the primary ball handling duties to Wright for the second unit. Norm wasn't making the best decisions. But he is working himself out the playoff rotation IMO, Wright looks just as good a option, defensively, and even off-ball, than Norm. Here's hoping Lowry returns at 100% and can help Norm get back into it, cause Powell playing well is a great weapon for this team.

Comment

• I'm telling you guys, Cav's don't want us in the 2nd round

Comment

• JawsGT wrote: View Post
                            yeah JV looking really good lately, and the PnR with Demar is showing signs of what we want it to be. Wright has been playing some great ball lately too, really excited about him. Alot like how I felt about Powell last season. And what the hell is going on with him lately? He just doesn't seem engaged and even his D has slipped. But good decision by the coaching staff to give the primary ball handling duties to Wright for the second unit. Norm wasn't making the best decisions. But he is working himself out the playoff rotation IMO, Wright looks just as good a option, defensively, and even off-ball, than Norm. Here's hoping Lowry returns at 100% and can help Norm get back into it, cause Powell playing well is a great weapon for this team.
                            I've been saying it all year. We all love Norm, but he just doesn't have a tight enough handle yet to be a first option shot-creator at the NBA level. That's even more of a problem in the Raps offense that puts so much pressure on our guards to create off the dribble. Norm's just not up to the task for the role he's been given - it's as simple as that.

Comment

• LJ2 wrote: View Post
                              I'm telling you guys, Cav's don't want us in the 2nd round
                              I expect things to be different when the season ends and playoff Lebron shows up, but until that happens, the Cavs look more vulnerable then both the Raptors and Wizards do - and possibly more vulnerable than the Celtics, too.

I expect Miami to be a tough out for whoever draws them, and as of this exact moment, it's the Cavs.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post
                                I've been saying it all year. We all love Norm, but he just doesn't have a tight enough handle yet to be a first option shot-creator at the NBA level. That's even more of a problem in the Raps offense that puts so much pressure on our guards to create off the dribble. Norm's just not up to the task for the role he's been given - it's as simple as that.
                                I agree. But he can't let his struggles in that role affect his overall game. He's best suited as a transition scorer and spot up shooter, but his ability to see consistent minutes going forward will hinge on his D.

Comment

Working...
                                X