Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tDotted wrote: View Post
    Here's something.

The current starting lineup (Cory/DeMar/Carroll/Ibaka/JV) is now 10.3 points BETTER than the starting lineup we were deploying for the first half of the season (with LOWRY/DeMar/Carroll/Siakam/JV) that "led" us to a .667 winning % (current #1 seed in the east is at .649%).

I find that incredible. Ibaka's effectiveness has been huge for the starters. He'll be a difference maker in the postseason..
    Yep. 9 points better defensively, a little better offensively. Can't wait to see how Lowry fits back in.
    twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• Good win. JV great, Ibaka fanastic, I really enjoyed DeMar's game of playing point guard. Cory was solid tonight. Everyone else was in the poor to okay range, but against Philly that's more than enough.

Onwards and upwards.
      twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• Game #78: Toronto Raptors 90 - Indiana Pacers 108

Probable Starters

Toronto
        PG - Cory Joseph
        SG - DeMar DeRozan
        SF - DeMarre Carroll
        PF - Serge Ibaka
        C - Jonas Valanciunas

Indiana
        PG - Jeff Teague
        SG - Monta Ellis
        SF - Paul George
        PF - Thad Young
        C - Myles Turner

Performance tracker: odds of Raptors winning game = 55%

Fun facts:

- We just played these guys. Let's beat them again.

- Indiana is now in a dog fight for a playoff spot. It's time for them to get desperate or give up, after sliding down the standings here, so let's give them all the incentive they need to pick the latter.

- JV is rounding into playoff form. Over the past 4 games, he is a team best +56 in 112 minutes (+0.5 per minute), with the next closest player being DeRozan's +38 in 144 minutes. Throw in averaging 15 and 12 on 73% shooting, a steal and almost 2 blocks, plus a team low on-court defensive rating of 98 over the past 4 games, and that's looking like rounding into form to me. Keep it up big fella.

- DeRozan, of course, has been no slouch either - over the past 4 games, his assist rate has skyrocketed to 26% (and still posting a very low turnover rate of 7%), while still maintaining a mid-30's usage rate and somehow almost hitting 60% TS%.

Standings watch:

1. Boston Celtics - 50-27
        2. Cleveland Cavaliers - 49-27 | 0.5 GB
        3. Toronto Raptors - 47-30 | 3 GB
        4. Washington Wizards - 46-31 | 4 GB
        5. Milwaukee Bucks - 40-37 | 10 GB
        6. Atlanta Hawks - 39-38 | 11 GB
        7. Chicago Bulls - 38-39 | 12 GB
        8. Miami Heat - 37-40 | 13 GB
        9. Indiana Pacers - 37-40 | 13 GB
        twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• Dan, who do you think is most likely to be the Raptor's first round opponent?

Comment

• Ball wrote: View Post
            Dan, who do you think is most likely to be the Raptor's first round opponent?
            I know its not directed at me, but I think we end up facing either the Bulls or Bucks. That said I would love the Hawks I just think they are going to struggle to maintain where they are at.

Comment

• TrueTorontoFan wrote: View Post
              I know its not directed at me, but I think we end up facing either the Bulls or Bucks. That said I would love the Hawks I just think they are going to struggle to maintain where they are at.
              Yep, Hawks are free falling and they don't exactly have a friendly schedule ahead so the Bulls with an easier schedule will leapfrog them.

If its the Bulls or the Bucks, I would take the Bulls. Yes they owned us over the years but this is the playoffs and if we can't beat the Bulls then we don't deserve to be in the playoffs so I say bring them on!!

Comment

• Hotshot wrote: View Post
                Yep, Hawks are free falling and they don't exactly have a friendly schedule ahead so the Bulls with an easier schedule will leapfrog them.

If its the Bulls or the Bucks, I would take the Bulls. Yes they owned us over the years but this is the playoffs and if we can't beat the Bulls then we don't deserve to be in the playoffs so I say bring them on!!
                Chicago curse says Butler turns into MJ and Rondo turns into Steph Curry against us, so I'll take the Bucks or preferably Hawks/Indiana.

Comment

• Ball wrote: View Post
                  Dan, who do you think is most likely to be the Raptor's first round opponent?
                  No idea. 5-9 is a complete mess and could shake out in a dozen different ways.

Doesn't matter anyway, we're better than all those teams and if we lose against any of them it's our own fault, not matchup driven.
                  twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• Well... I predicted Raptors vs Bulls couple months ago...

Comment

• Am excited about how well JV has been playing lately....seems that Ibaka's presence has helped him especially in the defensive (hence confidence) area. Must please Casey as well with the trust factor. He must however be looked at more frequently re giving him the ball when he makes himself available. Maybe he is not "screaming" enough!

Comment

• KHD wrote: View Post
                        chill guys, in terms of talent and distribution of talent across positions, this is the best and most flexible raptors team we've ever had. Under the assumption that our guys show up in the playoffs we have exploitable advantages against any team in the east (and, i mean, if they don't, it doesn't really matter who we play, lol).

If I'm the raptors i'm concerning myself with getting our team finely-tuned for the playoffs, so we can make our opponents adjust to us.
                        Totally agree. I am not really scared of any team. I would say the only issues we face right now is the integration of KLow and getting everyone healthy.

Comment

• Comment

• rocwell wrote: View Post

9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• This game pretty much maps to the 5 week estimate that Woj threw out when Lowry had his surgery. With a day off and him practicing hopefully we get a chance to see him.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
                                This game pretty much maps to the 5 week estimate that Woj threw out when Lowry had his surgery. With a day off and him practicing hopefully we get a chance to see him.
                                I'd be blown away if he played in this one. I think Wednesday is the earliest, maybe Friday is more likely.
                                twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Working...
                                X