Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GLF wrote: View Post
    LOL you guys kill me. I'm so sorry I pissed y'all off so much
    Keep doing you man. Can't have everyone being positive at the same time or this place would be boring. Even I had to be a little negative at the start of the game

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
      It's sad but true. They will try their damnedest to Make it work, at least until the offseason.

He will have a very short playoff leash I'm sure. Powell hasn't been much better, so carroll being between 8th and 10th in minutes isn't the end of the world I guess
      You have to think about it in the big picture. In context, as frustrating as it might be at the moment, it is a message to future vets and free agents. May or may not make any difference but it makes sense that they will force it until they can't. I agree the playoffs will change the considerations at play.

Comment

I don't know what the MLSE budget is next year, but obviously they can't all return. After the obvious carroll and cojo, I don't think you stress too much on bringing patterson back. Obviously kyle pj and serge are the priority, and I say you keep jv over patterson any day. I think I'll be fine with tucker/siakam/poeltl sharing the backup 4 and 5 minutes next season if need be. I don't care what the on off stats say, the guy is replaceable.
        Tucker is replaceable as well.

These guys like PJ and Pat can't be the make or break pieces for our team. Kyle and Serge are priorities, and I don't care about the rest. Yes, we need good role players and everyone, myself included, loves the toughness Tucker has brought, but he's a defensive bench forward. If we can find a way to keep him, that's great, and if not hopefully Masai can get creative for solutions at the forward spots.

Ideally, Masai can shed Carroll and find a way to upgrade the SF spot, whether that's getting a better starter, or a better combo of role players (which may include keeping Tucker).

We'll see how the playoffs go, though. Offseason could depend a lot on that, for better or worse.

Comment

• slaw wrote: View Post
          Or $60 million. Rather than reflexively blaming the guy you don't like, might want to consider whether other more obvious answers play a role.
          Well, Carroll's terrible, and Casey has the power not to play him. Not that we'd know, but there has never been any sense that Masai or the front office meddles with the coaching staff and would want the "prize free agent" to be played more. So I'm not sure what more obvious answer there is other than the coach deciding his minutes based on what he believes he brings to the court.

Comment

• white men can't jump wrote: View Post
            Tucker is replaceable as well.

These guys like PJ and Pat can't be the make or break pieces for our team. Kyle and Serge are priorities, and I don't care about the rest. Yes, we need good role players and everyone, myself included, loves the toughness Tucker has brought, but he's a defensive bench forward. If we can find a way to keep him, that's great, and if not hopefully Masai can get creative for solutions at the forward spots.

Ideally, Masai can shed Carroll and find a way to upgrade the SF spot, whether that's getting a better starter, or a better combo of role players (which may include keeping Tucker).

We'll see how the playoffs go, though. Offseason could depend a lot on that, for better or worse.
            I think you're under selling pj tucker. Sure he's a role player and losing him won't "break you", but keeping him could "Make you". guys like that are the tipping point that push you over the edge in a 7 game series when the talent is equal. Like an andre iguodala or a Bruce bowen in the spring. Yes lowry and Ibaka are THE priority, but to me tucker should be a close 2nd tier over patterson. He brings something that doesn't show up in the stat sheet, and is hard to describe in one sentence.
            9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• Great to see the comeback. Praise be to Kyle.

And Whitecaps lost
              The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

I think you're under selling pj tucker. Sure he's a role player and losing him won't "break you", but keeping him could "Make you". guys like that are the tipping point that push you over the edge in a 7 game series when the talent is equal. Like an andre iguodala or a Bruce bowen in the spring. Yes lowry and Ibaka are THE priority, but to me tucker should be a close 2nd tier over patterson. He brings something that doesn't show up in the stat sheet, and is hard to describe in one sentence.
                Tucker also brings some major intangibles that doesn't show up on stat sheets....I know that sounds cliche but I really believe that last year Biz's effect was a lot more than simply blocked shots and rebounds. Yes he did a great job there as PJ does on defence but it's that energy and hunger that both guys play with that's infectious and he also demands it from his teammates which is another HUGE factor. He's another leader on the court and on the bench....hell in just the last month and a half I've seen DeMar show more defensive flashes than maybe his entire career. While it might be an exaggeration, the frequency that I've noticed is up dramatically.

I could literally go more than a month or so without seeing DeMar make a good play defensively. He's barking at DeMar (which is something neither Pat or Biz could do as the younger players and Kyle can't bring himself to as his bff) AND everybody else to get going and where to be which helps the defence in it's entirety. Then also like I said they watch him just work his ass off, see it pay off and everybody starts trying to step their game up....and if they don't, guess who's barking again?! He also plugs the MAJOR LEAK that is DeMarre Carroll. So it's not just his play but plugging up a major hole that Carroll causes/is. Perhaps the greatest example of addition by subtraction.

You take those 2 things away from this team and it's not the same team. A stat sheet doesn't define his value.

Comment

Like I said, we'll see how the playoffs go. Tucker's performance will help determine his fate.

The intangibles he brings are great, but if our team is so fragile that we depend on like the 9th most talented guy on the team to bring those to the table, maybe there are other issues that need to be addressed.
                  Last edited by white men can't jump; Thu Apr 6, 2017, 01:32 AM.

Comment

• white men can't jump wrote: View Post
                    Like I said, we'll see how the playoffs go. Tucker's performance will help determine his fate.

The intangibles he brings are great, but if our team is so fragile that we depend on like the 9th most talented guy on the team to bring those to the table, maybe there are other issues that need to be addressed.
                    Tucker got Derozan to play defense. Thats enough for me to bring him back.

Comment

• Tucker imo is just as important to this team as Ibaka.
                      Mamba Mentality

Comment

• Indeed. Hope that it sustains. The Pacers and Pistons game seem like DeRozan has take a small step back on def but still better than before. I think it may be due to carrying the offense for so long. Amazing how Kawhi does it on both ends on the floor.

A.I wrote: View Post
                        Tucker got Derozan to play defense. Thats enough for me to bring him back.

Comment

• TRex wrote: View Post
                          Tucker imo is just as important to this team as Ibaka.
                          Yep. He's been a defensive anchor of sorts in a lot of our lineups

Comment

• Didn't get to see the game, sounds like it was an ugly one but we were able to come back thanks to good shooting jights from Cory & JV.

Also, kudos to DeRozan for playing facilitator tonight when he knew his shot wasn't falling.
                            Axel wrote:
                            Now Cody can stop posting about this guy and we have a poster to blame if anything goes wrong!!
                            KeonClark wrote:
                            We won't hear back from him. He dissapears into thin air and reappears when you least expect it. Ten is an enigma. Ten is a legend. Ten for the motherfucking win.
                            KeonClark wrote:
                            I can't wait until the playoffs start.

Until then, opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one and they most often stink

Comment

• I enjoy listening to SVG post game conference, Casey's post game tends to be very dry and sounds like all the other ones.

Comment

• 007 wrote: View Post
                                Great to see the comeback. Praise be to Kyle.

And Whitecaps lost
                                2 shots on target.. embarrassing

Comment

Working...
                                X