Everything (2016-2017) Regular Season Game Threads

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KHD wrote: View Post
    Stan's reaction to every JV bucket screams "i wish drummond could do that". lol

also if you guys want to rag on JV's PnR defence, check out andre "super athletic" drummond's. Straight garbage effort.
    Perception is a hell of a drug.
    "My biggest concern as a coach is to not confuse winning with progress." - Steve Kerr
    "If it's unacceptable in defeat, it's unacceptable in victory." - Jeff Van Gundy

Comment

• ogi wrote: View Post
      Looking at the NBA.com stats for last nights game. They have our drtg at around 112 and ortg at 106 for the game. A negative net rating, yet we still won the game. How does this work?
      Two factors: possession differential (for example, if a team gets the last possession of each Q, they will end up with more possessions than the opponent, or flagrant fouls can cause possession differentials), and possession estimation (stuff like team rebounds, technical foul shots, etc, are counted funny for the ORTG calculation - it balances out on average over a season but within a single game can skew numbers slightly in one direction or the other).

It happens fairly often in close games, where the rating vs the score can be flipped. It's happened a few times this season before.
      twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• tDotted wrote: View Post
        +10? NBA.com says Tucker with the starters was a +84!

Edit: you probably weren't talking about net rating lol.
        LOL, yeah, raw plus minus. That +84 net rating makes sense, it would have to be something crazy to generate +10 in 5 minutes.
        twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• I'm ok with this "We the Other"

Courtesy of E Koreen and Zach Lowe

Comment

• Jclaw wrote: View Post
            Ha. In that Yahoo article making fun of the contestant, Dwyer forgets that the Raps played in the conference finals just last year.

The Minnesota Timberwolves have been around since the 1989-90 season, whereas the Toronto Raptors have only been in place since 1995-96. Worse, unlike the Timberwolves, the Raps have yet to play in a Conference final on national American television, and they work a good 931 miles farther East from Minneapolis. Scores farther away from the Burbank, Calif. studios that have brought you entertaining and cultured Jeopardy! programming since 1964.
            twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• April JV is beasting again.

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
                Ha. In that Yahoo article making fun of the contestant, Dwyer forgets that the Raps played in the conference finals just last year.
                Yeah, I caught that immediately. And this was written by one of Yahoo Sports basketball experts for the basketball crowd? smh.

Comment

• Jclaw wrote: View Post
                  Came here to post this

One of the comments on facebook

"Actually, the raptors are peaking now, Alex"
                  9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• rocwell wrote: View Post
                    April JV is beasting again.
                    April showers bring may power

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
                      Not only that, Jeopardy messed up the question (or "Answer" I guess), since our Primary Logo is no longer the Raptor, but just the Clawed Ball thing.

Comment

• Joey wrote: View Post
                        Not only that, Jeopardy messed up the question (or "Answer" I guess), since our Primary Logo is no longer the Raptor, but just the Clawed Ball thing.
                        Don't be that guy joey

Comment

• Joey wrote: View Post
                          I thought I was the sports logo/uniform nerd, Joey! You steal my thunda?

JK, JK. The question was one that was challenging for a non sports fan anyways.
                          Axel wrote:
                          Now Cody can stop posting about this guy and we have a poster to blame if anything goes wrong!!
                          KeonClark wrote:
                          We won't hear back from him. He dissapears into thin air and reappears when you least expect it. Ten is an enigma. Ten is a legend. Ten for the motherfucking win.
                          KeonClark wrote:
                          I can't wait until the playoffs start.

Until then, opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one and they most often stink

Comment

• rocwell wrote: View Post
                            April JV is beasting again.
                            Even in his first year, he got better as the season went on. Honestly, with the way Lowry played last night (I know it's only Detroit), Derozan on fire, everyone healthy (more or less), a real solid 9-man rotation...... I'm really looking forward to the playoffs....

Comment

• I think the best thing that could have happened to this team was for Lowry to go down. Demar is hitting JV so much now because of it.

Comment

• Cody73 wrote: View Post
                                I thought I was the sports logo/uniform nerd, Joey! You steal my thunda?

JK, JK. The question was one that was challenging for a non sports fan anyways.
                                Don't worry we're all sports nerds. Room for you too Cody

Comment

Working...
                                X