No announcement yet.

Everything (2016-2017) Regular Season Game Threads

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anybody read Grange's Miami postgame? Lowry + Casey talked at the beginning of the year that taking the foot off the pedal the last couple of seasons hurt the Raps in the playoffs as they struggled to find their groove again. Both agreed they would not do that this year and would play hard the full 82. We'll find out this game, I guess.
    "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• Wait, people are trying to glean something from the first three Q's of this game? Guys, the team didn't give a crap. They knew they could coast and then close it out whenever they wanted. Lowry decided to close it out to start the 4th.

That's why he perimeter defence was basically a turnstile for most of the game, and the rotations were slow, and the passes sloppy and the picks lazy and the shot selection crap. Nobody gave a damn. Not because they didn't want to win - because they knew they could at a moment's notice blow the game open. I don't mind it - not really fun to watch, but at no point during this game was I remotely worried they might lose.

50 wins! 3rd seed! Yay! Let's see how the next few days play out.
      twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• cody, you put more effort into the game thread...we're doomed!!

Rather meaningless game...the only purpose for a win would be to keep Cody's streak alive and have him rolling into the playoffs!!

Comment

• Ebonhawke wrote: View Post
          Cleveland seems to want to end the Leprechauns' hopes early. Just crushing Atlanta at the moment
          Cleveland up 20 at the half.

Comment

• Looks like Demarre was stopped once again today

Comment

• S.R. wrote: View Post
              Anybody read Grange's Miami postgame? Lowry + Casey talked at the beginning of the year that taking the foot off the pedal the last couple of seasons hurt the Raps in the playoffs as they struggled to find their groove again. Both agreed they would not do that this year and would play hard the full 82. We'll find out this game, I guess.
              Nonsense. Injuries/fatigue lackluster spotty defence, and relying on our ISO heavy guard play to bail us out is a bigger issue.

Comment

• forshakuras wrote: View Post
                If it secures Cleveland first place then I'd trot out Bruno, Siakam and FVV for 40 min each.
                No need to risk injury. Rest starters unless have chance for #2 seed.

Comment

• TRex wrote: View Post
                  I would rest DeRozan and Tucker in this game.
                  did Derozan hit 2k points yet?

in a season
                  Abbas wrote:

First of all i was my own source

Comment

• Abbas wrote: View Post
                    did Derozan hit 2k points yet?

in a season
                    Sure did.

Comment

• GOLDBLUM wrote: View Post
                      Sure did.
                      ayyye

then we can rest him lol

2nd raptors to do it

only him and VC
                      Abbas wrote:

First of all i was my own source

Comment

• A lot of this game comes down to that Celtics/Nets game tomorrow. If the Celtics win, and Raptors probably look at it as an opportunity to rest their starters (maybe play a half to keep them from getting rusty over what will be almost a week off), while Cleveland might still be searching for their clinching win; on the other hand, if the Nets somehow pull off the win, Raptors go into Wednesday with a chance to grab 2nd, but with Cleveland likely resting their starters. There's no scenario where both Toronto and Cleveland have something on the line in this game.

edit: oh, hold that thought, could all be wrong if Cleveland doesn't close out Atlanta here!
                        Last edited by octothorp; Sun Apr 9, 2017, 06:00 PM.

Comment

• octothorp wrote: View Post
                          A lot of this game comes down to that Celtics/Nets game tomorrow. If the Celtics win, and Raptors probably look at it as an opportunity to rest their starters (maybe play a half to keep them from getting rusty over what will be almost a week off), while Cleveland might still be searching for their clinching win; on the other hand, if the Nets somehow pull off the win, Raptors go into Wednesday with a chance to grab 2nd, but with Cleveland likely resting their starters. There's no scenario where both Toronto and Cleveland have something on the line in this game.
                          That would be so sweet, just to wipe that smug smile from Isaiah Thomas face.

Comment

• Annnnnnnnd Cleveland outscored by ATL 44-18 in the fourth. Tie game. Headed to OT. FML.

Comment

• Wow ... atlanta ... I really want them to win even though I dont ... What a game though, my goodness.

Comment

• Millsap with 5 points in 8 seconds to send it to OT.

Comment

Working...
                                X